+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1097Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I'm probably going to get in trouble for asking this, but....Is the girl that plays Maxie pregnant in real life? She seem to be putting on weight in the face & stuff.
    I highly doubt it. Kirsten Storms was gone from the show for so long because of severe endometriosis. I wouldn't be surprised if she had to have a hysterectomy. I hope not, because she's a young woman, but it's not unusual for that to be the treatment and if she was off the show for that long, her condition was pretty serious.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Wasn't he really clean-cut before Robin died? I'm just used to seeing most doctors quite clean cut, especially if they are surgeons. Not that I'm around doctors all the time but after last year, I think I'm an expert.

Edited to add: Is Patrick a surgeon? I really don't know.
    I think he's a neurosurgeon?
    Critical likes this.

Really interesting show today, huh? Can you believe it?
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yeah, big surprise that Britt never intended to go through with it.

I was a bit surprised it took them so long to come up with the confidentiality thing.

Morgan is actually Sonny's kid, right, not like Michael? He's in debt to bad guys gambling...eh... can't get too excited about this one so far. I guess that's the last we see of Johnny---too bad....

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I read something disturbing in the paper today...it was an article about the resurection of AMC and OLTL, with plays on soaps coming back from the dead, a la soap characters, and they mentioned that PP also has rights to GH. So the good news is, if it is cancelled they are set to pick it up. But the bad news is, GH only has a one year contract and many don't expect it to last after Sept. !!!!!!!!!! When it's been doing so well, picking up viewers, etc. I thought we were past these worries for GH.

Do you have a link for that article, PWS? It's my understanding that PP owns the rights to the OLTL and AMC characters. That's where GH comes in because they borrowed some OLTL characters. I haven't seen anything about PP owning anything else related to GH, especially since it's still airing on ABC. The lawsuit filed by PP against ABC involved breach of contract because ABC killed off two OLTL characters (among other things).

I've had company in from out of town and just haven't had time to watch GH for about 4 days. I'll have to catch up once I'm back to my normal schedule again.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Oh man if they took GH away, I really would feel like I lost a family member.

Speaking of loss, I'm watching the BJ death videos right now and man oh man, talk about some good acting.

One other thing I noticed that I just had to come over here to post. I've never really thought Laura's looks were all that but seeing her in those videos, she really is a beautiful woman. I think in my old age, I'm starting to see beauty in ways that I rarely saw it in the past and it's like I'm seeing people's inner beauty so much more clearly these days.

Maybe it's because my eyesight has gotten so bad, I'm having to use more senses to see than just my vision.
    PWS likes this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Crtiical---I'm not very good at doing links for things that I don't see on line. It was from Newsday, Part II (which has the entertainment stuff)---the major newspaper for Long Island (NY). I hope that helps. I was surprised to hear they owned GH as well--presumably only the rights if ABC cancels it.

I think GH really ruined a good couple between Dante and Lulu, by her staying with Milo.
    Need40winks and Imperfect1 like this.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Milo falls in love with any girl that crosses his path. Last week he was drooling over Sabrina, now Lulu?
    angelic_one2002 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread