+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree886Likes

Thread: General Hospital

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: General Hospital

Of course we know on soaps people are never really dead...Hope and Cole could still come back. I don't think their bodies were ever seen. Tomas bigger mess though, I agree. Hard to bring him back now.
    ilja likes this.

Cole and Hope could easily come back from the dead. It's a soap! For that matter, so could Tomas. Sure it looked suspicious that he just happened to be called away on a mission right at that time....but why couldn't he actually have been called away on a mission??? Again, it's a soap. What character doesn't have an evil twin or Doppleganger? Heck, they could make a joke about some random nameless people, from a random nameless town that actually thought he was an international arms dealer. Ha ha I'm also kinda upset with the inference that GH is a "competing soap." Personally, I've always thought all three soaps have a really nice synergy and loved hearing the references to the various towns, landmarks and characters between shows. I don't know who's right or wrong, I'm sure neither side is blameless. But there's a small, albeit selfish, part of me that wishes PP had never come along. AMC had a horrible finale because they were supposed to move straight to the internet, so there was no beautiful, legacy finale. OLTL was spared that fate....barely....but who knows how everything might have played out had PP never said they were going keep the shows alive? Until they weren't. Until they were again. We saw how well GH integrated OLTL characters to Port Charles. Who's to say an AMC fave or two wouldn't have visited or even decided to make PC their new home? Now, Llanview and Pine Valley will only ever be alive on the internet. David Vickers will never star in a movie watched by Port Chuck denizens, Chandler Enterprises will never rival ELQ in a business deal, Lucy will never mention that Erica Kane inspired her CoeCo Cosmetics line.....I'm sad that GH will never be able to give us those small, but fun, connections again
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I'm also of the belief that it doesn't matter if a soap character has been killed since that's just a matter of writing a come out of the shower storyline.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I'm also of the belief that it doesn't matter if a soap character has been killed since that's just a matter of writing a come out of the shower storyline.
    LOL! Is it pitiful or fabulous that we all know the 'coming out of the shower' reference????? Jeez, it's not like these tv shows have influenced our lives or anything. . .
    PWS and ilja like this.

I'm shocked once again! Brenda admitted she and Michael did not do the deed. Who'da thunk it?!?

I wish Brenda would just go away. I can't stand her.
    I wasn't watching back during her first run, but I just don't understand why anyone would like her or find her a sympathetic character. I know she has a lot of fans, but I just don't get it. Nasty self centered woman.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Patting self on back... I called the NON-sex as soon as Brenda said to Carly we didn't do anything to be ashamed of. I admit I was surprised it was such a plot....I thought she was just taken by surprise (her first comment was, you don't understand or some such) and then ran with it because she hates Carly so much. Much more fiendish than that. Kind of counting on Michael not remembering anything though....

Brenda used to be nicer.... but I think you get your wish, Miss S.....Michael said she'd left and I think she was just here for a 50th anniversary visit.

Okay can somebody please explain to me how Ellie can gain access to Maxie's medical records and then discuss then with Spinelli? Has General Hospital not heard of HIPPA?
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I wish Brenda would just go away. I can't stand her.
    I wasn't watching back during her first run, but I just don't understand why anyone would like her or find her a sympathetic character. I know she has a lot of fans, but I just don't get it. Nasty self centered woman.
    I think that makes a difference. She may have been scheming and princess-y, but she was a teenager. She's still behaving the same way, only moreso. What's more excusable in a young girl isn't in a grown woman. Even Carly has matured. I mean, it's been AGES since she slept with someone's husband.

The Brenda/Sonny pairing back in the day was pretty good, IMO. They were a great match. Now, the writers don't know what to do with her and, really, why would they bother to show the character evolving and maturing when she only ever comes back for brief runs every few years? I don't think it's worth the effort to work on more interesting storylines when they can focus on the regular contract actors.

PASB - HIPAA really doesn't exist in the soap world.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

You know as glad as I am to see Brenda go, there is no denying the chemistry between her and Sonny. I wish they could find another actress that he could click with even half as much as he does with Brenda (Vanessa Marcil). There has never been any chemistry between him and Kate/Connie. Speaking of which, I think I'm liking this new integrated Connie. She has much more spunk than Kate and so far hasn't tried to kill anyone yet that I've noticed.

+ Reply to Thread