+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree962Likes

Thread: General Hospital

FORT Regular

Re: General Hospital

Yes. I can't remember her name but it is the same actor. She has been on The Young & The Restless and left it to take over as Lulu.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I hate to keep having a conversation in spoiler tags, but can't figure out how to answer this question without giving away the spoiler...
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Does Alexis, Sam's bio mom, know who her dad is? How can the topic never have come up? But, assuming she knows, and assuming Sam's dad is a Cassadine, that would mean that Alexis either had sex with her dad, her uncle, or her half brother....are there any other male Cassadines that we know of? Of course there could also be long lost Cassadine 5th cousin...then not so weird.
    Sorry, like I said it has been a while since I have watched regularly. I completely forgot that Alexis is technically a Cassadine - which is probably why it was discussed in the article! The article did make it sound like Alexis knows who it is, but refuses to talk about it.

Now Prospet Park is suing ABC. Jeez. This never ends:
    'One Life to Live' and 'All My Children' producer Prospect Park claims in a $25 million suit that the network is hurting its efforts to relaunch the series online.

A $25 million legal brawl has broken out over the transition of soaps from ABC to online.

Producer Prospect Park, which licensed One Life to Live and All My Children from ABC and plans to relaunch them as web-only series beginning April 29, claims in a lawsuit filed Thursday in Los Angeles Superior Court that the network has sabotaged the relaunch and is trying to cause it to fail.

Prospect argues that it has been dealing with ABC in good faith, allowing it to use OLTL characters on General Hospital until the relaunch, but ABC actively has caused problems, including refusing to transfer the website addresses for the shows and failing to consult on storylines.

"In the ultimate act of bad faith, ABC killed off two OLTL characters on loan to General Hospital by having their car forced off a cliff," the complaint states.

The suit seeks more than $25 million in damages.
    Soaps Producer Sues ABC for Allegedly Sabotaging Online Relaunch
    Obviously, the two OLTL characters killed off on GH are Cole and Hope. WOW. How much does that suck? You buy the rights to characters and then ABC kills two of them off!?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Now Prospet Park is suing ABC. Jeez. This never ends:

Soaps Producer Sues ABC for Allegedly Sabotaging Online Relaunch
    Obviously, the two OLTL characters killed off on GH are Cole and Hope. WOW. How much does that suck? You buy the rights to characters and then ABC kills two of them off!?
    I read the whole actual law suit. There were a few more interesting things there. One was that without PP's permission, or even without the actor taking any part of it, ABC as good as killed off Tomas by making him be someone else & skip town. PP claimes this was all planned & deliberate & ABC had no intention of working with them.

I've been on ABC/GH's side on this all along, seeing PP as being unflexible & trouble making. But after reading what all was done, I see it in a different light.

Remember, this is the same network who brings us all the phoniness & clipped together words on The Bachelor to make things seem another way from what they were, just for drama & ratings, with no regard to the people who's reputations are trashed. Any network that is tight with Fleiss has to be suspect.

I'll be interested to see ABC's response, if any, & how all this comes out.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

But wait. I enjoyed One Life to Live very much, but it was CANCELLED. FINISHED. OFF THE AIR. DEAD. There were no plans to relaunch it on the air or on-line AT THAT TIME. So, from the vantage point of that time period, how could could the GH powers-that-be ever have known that at some time in the future, Prospect Park would be bringing the soap back? Basically, for all intents and purposes EVERY character on OLTL was 'dead.' --- and it was GH that gave some of the OLTL characters new life! That's not sabotaging or hurting Prospect Park or OLTL --- that's GH helping them by bringing them a source of income that they never otherwise would've had, and at the same time, keeping those characters alive and viewable for all of the diehard OLTL fans -- who otherwise would've lost everyone in Llanview.

Filing this lawsuit is sort of like, in the real world, during the Wall Street financial crisis several years ago, when banks and security brokerage firms and insurance companies were failing and collapsing, the US government spent $182 BILLION dollars to financially bail out and save the doomed insurance company AIG --- and then, AIG turns around and tries to sue them for it!!!! Unbelievable!
    Katydyd likes this.

That's why I said I see it in a different light now. I don't necessarily agree with PP's stand, but I now see that there's another side to this story & neither one is completely in the right. We will probably never know exactly what was legally agreed to at the beginning of all this. But that's for the courts to figure out. Exactly who had ownership of what, and what the other side did to compromise this, is what will decide the outcome.

All I know is, I sure wouldn't want to go up against ABC's lawyers. They know how to get around stuff, and are cutthroat.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    But wait. I enjoyed One Life to Live very much, but it was CANCELLED. FINISHED. OFF THE AIR. DEAD. There were no plans to relaunch it on the air or on-line AT THAT TIME. So, from the vantage point of that time period, how could could the GH powers-that-be ever have known that at some time in the future, Prospect Park would be bringing the soap back? Basically, for all intents and purposes EVERY character on OLTL was 'dead.' --- and it was GH that gave some of the OLTL characters new life! That's not sabotaging or hurting Prospect Park or OLTL --- that's GH helping them by bringing them a source of income that they never otherwise would've had, and at the same time, keeping those characters alive and viewable for all of the diehard OLTL fans -- who otherwise would've lost everyone in Llanview.

Filing this lawsuit is sort of like, in the real world, during the Wall Street financial crisis several years ago, when banks and security brokerage firms and insurance companies were failing and collapsing, the US government spent $182 BILLION dollars to financially bail out and save the doomed insurance company AIG --- and then, AIG turns around and tries to sue them for it!!!! Unbelievable!
    Prospect Park owned the rights to ALL of the OLTL (and AMC) characters and, although they weren't able to do the show immediately, they were still planning on it. ABC asked PP's permission to use those characters and then killed two of them. IMO, it is a show is bad faith. I'm not surprised that ABC would be so scummy. Look what they did to OLTL and AMC.

There's more info in this article from HuffPo:

'One Life To Live' And 'All My Children' Online Revival Sparks Lawsuit Between Prospect Park And ABC

Posted: 04/18/2013 9:00 pm EDT | Updated: 04/18/2013 9:00 pm EDT

As "One Life to Live" and "All My Children" prepare to make their online debut, production company Prospect Park has filed a lawsuit against ABC, alleging that the network has been sabotaging their attempts to relaunch the long-running soaps online and failed to comply with the terms of their licensing agreement.

According to Deadline, Prospect Park is suing ABC for damages of at least $25 million, since "ABC did not deliver what it promised, Prospect did not get what it paid for, and Prospect is now entitled to recover millions of dollars in damages for ABC’s egregious conduct."

In a statement given to The Huffington Post, Prospect Park founders Jeff Kwatinetz and Rich Frank said, "Prospect Park has been and continues to be committed to creating and delivering exceptional episodes of 'All My Children' and 'One Life to Live.' We have overcome each and every obstacle in an effort to make this dream become a reality. Over and over again our effort to bring these shows to audiences has faced challenges, and yet we along with the actors, the writers, producers and the directors as well as our fans have confronted and then overcome these challenges, and we have every confidence that we will prevail again. We look forward to our April 29 launch now more than ever."

Tensions between the two companies have been mounting for months. In a copy of the suit obtained by The Hollywood Reporter, Prospect contends that they allowed ABC to "borrow seven 'OLTL' characters to appear on a limited basis in ABC's competing soap series, 'General Hospital' ... as a gesture of good will to ABC and ... the actors playing these roles, who would otherwise be unemployed while Prospect was ramping up for production."

Although the suit says that ABC allegedly agreed to consult Prospect Park on "General Hospital" storylines and confirmed that Prospect would have "express 'approval' rights over ABC's use of 'OLTL' characters," ABC reportedly failed to consult the production company on said storylines. "In the ultimate act of bad faith, ABC inexplicably killed off two 'OLTL' characters on loan to 'General Hospital' by having their car forced off a cliff. ABC effectively killed another major 'OLTL' character, who was not even licensed to ABC, by revealing that this long-standing 'OLTL' character is in fact another character on 'General Hospital,'" the suit argues.

The suit also alleges that an ABC executive "has openly declared his desire to see Prospect fail," and that the network has not transferred ownership of the websites onelifetolive.com and allmychildren.com to Prospect, which were also reportedly part of the rights that Prospect paid for.

Still, the production company apparently plans to go ahead with the relaunch on April 29. "These shows will go forward, and Prospect will address its rights in Court," the suit says.

A request for comment from ABC was not immediately returned.
    'One Life To Live' And 'All My Children' Online Revival Sparks Lawsuit Between Prospect Park And ABC
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I just turned on the TV and GH isn't on. Did it get pre-empted anywhere else? They aired The Chew here at noon and now they're airing another episode of it at 1, instead of GH. Was there a ton is news coverage this morning about the bombing suspects? Why would that affect GH if they aired TC at its normal time? I googled around and didn't find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I just turned on the TV and GH isn't on. Did it get pre-empted anywhere else? They aired The Chew here at noon and now they're airing another episode of it at 1, instead of GH. Was there a ton is news coverage this morning about the bombing suspects? Why would that affect GH if they aired TC at its normal time? I googled around and didn't find anything.
    Same thing here. I turned to NBC to watch Days, & it also wasn't on. Jeff Probst was. So I turned back to ABC & muted the sound, just in case GH showed up. It never did.
    I was wondering the same thing, if there was some across the board pre-emption because of the MIT shootings & the manhunt for the Boston bomber guy. I have to admit, the search for the bomber guy definitely has me checking the internet frequently & is much more in the forefront of my mind than GH.
    Last edited by Miss Scarlet; 04-19-2013 at 04:59 PM.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

On the East Coast GH was not on and Boston coverage was on instead. But I think Katie C showed at 3 as usual. At least in the NY area.

+ Reply to Thread