+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree886Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Hopefully we will get a proper "End Game"
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I loved him all the way back to when he was on Another World!

I just read a TVGuide article that was talking about him coming back. Said he will be around for a little while, but not long term - that the Spencer/Cassadine feud needed a new spin, so this was their idea. The article talked about how they will keep the feud back and who else might show up. I haven't watched GH regularly, so I'll put the rest in spoilers and others can say whether it is really a spoiler:

Click to see Spoiler:
    They mentioned bringing Victor Cassadine back at some point in the future (I guess played by Thaao Penghlis (isn't he the same guy that played Tony DiMera?). In addition, their was specific talk about Sam's father and who that is. In light of the larger interview, it appears that her father will also be a Cassadine? Is that pretty much accepted at this point?
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I certainly hope Sam's father is not a Cassadine. Her mother, Alexis is the illegitimate daughter of Mikos Cassadine

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yes, a bit over the top even for a soap!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    PWS - you might be confusing Stavros with his father, Mikos. We saw Stravros about ten years ago, I think. IIRC. he and Luke fought and he fell down a well or a mine shaft or something and was presumed dead. It was Robert Kelker-Kelly playing him then too. I squealed when I saw him today. I liked him as Stavros.

I did some digging and actually found a video of Mikkos' death. Behold the cheesetastic set design. I particularly enjoy how everything looks like it was made out of cardboard and spray painted gray! General Hospital 1981 - The Ice Princess Story part 54 - YouTube!

I was on the phone during the first 50 minutes of the show today and had the sound off, so I'm going to have to watch it on Hulu or something. I'll just echo what I said upthread - freaking Brenda
    Thanks, Critical! Yes, I was mixing them up. For some reason even though I've caught several appearances by Helena in my off and on viewing of GH I've generally missed the Cassadine men, other than Nik. Laura was absolutely shaking with fear on the show today...very good acting re someone who had been basically kept as a sex slave for years when faced with her supposedly dead captor. And now he's moving on to Lulu and has her frozen or something? How can they even rescue her without killing her if they don't know the science?
    Glad on some level that Helena will be able to come back from the dead one of these days!

So, does Brenda realize that Michael doesn't know whether or not they had sex? I assume she's thinking he will eventually straighten out Carly and Sonny so she can just torture Carly freely (for a minute there I thought she was going to tell Carly the truth...).
    And AJ---he's like an older frat brother, not a dad! Yay, Michael nailed a supermodel! Yay, it'll hurt Sonny and Carly! I admit, he was saying what the audience was thinking during that whole scene, and it was pretty hysterical, but even when Michael made it clear that upsetting his mom was not fun for him AJ couldn't even pretend to control his glee for Michael's sake.

Update on the OLTL actors:
    Click to see Spoiler:

'OLTL' actors return to 'General Hospital'
    by Lynette Rice
    Well that’s that! Though One Life To Live found new life online, three of its popular stars won’t be sticking around to help it succeed. ABC announced that Kristen Alderson, Michael Easton and Roger Howarth will return to General Hospital beginning May 10.

No word on who they will play or how it will happen. “Exciting storylines full of mystery and intrigue are planned to usher in the return of these actors that will lead to the answer of one of the most asked questions in Port Charles,” said an ABC spokesman.

Prospect Park, which owns OLTL and its characters, futilely tried to close a deal that would involve sharing the actors with ABC. At least Howarth shot a month worth of episodes as Todd Manning for OLTL’s online rollout.
    'OLTL' actors return to 'General Hospital' | Inside TV | EW.com

I think AJ's celebration was an understandable reaction in light of how Sonny and Carly treated him over the years. Should he have waited until his son wasn't there? Yeah, probably, but I still enjoyed his glee over the situation.

My guess is that Michael and Brenda didn't have sex, but Brenda is just letting Carly believe they did as payback for Jax breaking off the engagement....even though that was Brenda's fault and not Carly's.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Too bad AJ didn't put as much glee into trying to be a father to his son back in the day. Aj was a coward and always will be. What kind of man whoops it up when he son has been taken advantage of by a woman. I mean in light of what happen to Michael when he was locked up this is just straight up nasty what Brenda is doing.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I think AJ made his mistakes, but Sonny and Carly (and Jason) really road-blocked him at every turn. I don't excuse his behavior, but they were fairly terrible.
    Need40winks likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I think AJ made his mistakes, but Sonny and Carly (and Jason) really road-blocked him at every turn. I don't excuse his behavior, but they were fairly terrible.
    True but AJ was lazy he could have done something if he wanted to. Aj decided drinking and feeling sorry for himself was the best way to go. Frankly Aj and his bad behavior is responsible for Jason being injured so yeah I can't blame Jason for his treatment of him. I just don't like people who rollover and let people walk all over them without a true fight. AJ wimped out and loss me as a fan at that point. Imagine all the energy he as put into Pickled Lila if he had the same amount of energy about Michael at the time?
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

But AJ got clean and then Carly doused him in liquor to discredit him and Sonny threatened to have him killed. I don't excuse AJ, but he's pretty much been treated like the red-headed stepchild and constantly compared to Jason and found wanting....even by his own parents. With Sonny, Carly and Jason fighting him at every step and the Q's giving AJ NO support (aside from Monica, who really always favored Jason, even though she isn't even his birth mother), I don't think there was any way for him to be the man he needed to be to be a real father to Michael. Heck, everyone in PC has pretty much bashed AJ...even if he deserved it from time to time.

I never liked Billy Warlock as AJ, so I was much less willing to excuse AJ's behavior when BW was playing him. I always liked Sean Kanan as AJ, so I'm enjoying his return. I never would have thought I'd be interested in seeing an AJ/Elizabeth pairing, but I'm actually enjoying it and am surprised that they actually have chemistry. I know there are a lot of people who hate Elizabeth, but I've always liked her.

I like Steve Burton, but (to my mild surprise) I don't miss Jason really at all. The returns of so many of my old favorites has more than filled that void. I feel like they'd sort of done all they could with Jason and since SB said he would leave if they decided to give Jason back his memory, what else could they do with him? I thought Jason remembering his life as Jason Quartermaine would have been really interesting to watch. It's a shame SB didn't see it that way too, because Jason Morgan became pretty boring.
    Need40winks and ilja like this.

I think BW made AJ weak. BW played AJ as someone who was weak and clueless. AJ was a whiner and yes that AJ bugged me the most. I would have loved to see what Sean's AJ would have done when confronted with Jason today. I wish Jason was around for that confrontation alone. I will always miss my Jason,lol
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread