+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1099Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

I wasn't around for the Brenda/Sonny bit, but was totally unimpressed with her this go-round. She just seemed b*tchy from the beginning, & not likeable at all.
    One thing that made me laugh is that they referred to her as a "supermodel". Since when are supermodels short? They all seem like they're 6' to me. Same with Erica on AMC & Gabrielle on Desperate Housewives. All 3 are quite short & would never make it in high fashion modelling. I guess on TV they can take these liberties if a woman is attractive, but come on! Never-Would-Happen.

As to Stavros, he was also before my viewing time. The only thing I knew about him was that he was somehow Nikolas's father. So I googled the character & read up on him. Quite the story. Apparently he's been "killed" numerous times, the last time he fell down some kind of deep pit, I think pushed by Luke, maniacally laughing all the way.
    He seems like a good replacement villian for Helena.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    OK, all, I think we are being snookered here--I bet he was falling down drunk and Brenda just gave him a place to sleep it off. As soon as Carly came in she said, It's not what it looks like, and then she said to Michael, we didn't do anything to be ashamed of.... and similar ambiguous comments. I'm not clear if Michael knows what (didn't?) happen though---he's acting like he blacked out a bit. On the other hand he's saying Mom, she didn't hurt me....
    Otherwise, even though he is no biological relation to Sonny it's just too irredeamable. I doubt Marcil will ever be on the show again for long stretches, but they like having her be able to pop in and out to disrupt things. If she's alienated everyone then she's no use.
    I was hoping that we'd get some explanation of the phone call from Starr, but not yet....

Stavros is back? Someone remind me...was he last seen in a deep freeze or something?
    Yeah, I got that same vibe. I hope it's true. I don't really want to despise Brenda that much.

I hate Brenda and always have. I can see it now once Sonny finds out she will cry golden tears and she will be called all the things he used to call Carly when mad at her. Brenda is too much of a wimp so she will slither off to the hole she slithered out of and wait for the next time Jax comes a calling. Ping and then Pong as usual. I so wish Carly had that bat she held off the five families with that time,lol!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I didn't used to hate Brenda. It's just that she hasn't matured AT ALL since she started on this show as a teenager. Carly can be frustrating, but at least she's turned into some semblance of a grown-up.
    2boysmom and ilja like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I didn't used to hate Brenda. It's just that she hasn't matured AT ALL since she started on this show as a teenager. Carly can be frustrating, but at least she's turned into some semblance of a grown-up.
    exactly old Carly would have taken a bat to her lol
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Please God, never let me meet a grown up like Carly! She is despicable, everything is all about Carly. I don't think anything happened between Brenda & Michael, I think she is just using it to get under Carly's skin. And it's working.
    justCoz and Imperfect1 like this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

PWS - you might be confusing Stavros with his father, Mikos. We saw Stravros about ten years ago, I think. IIRC. he and Luke fought and he fell down a well or a mine shaft or something and was presumed dead. It was Robert Kelker-Kelly playing him then too. I squealed when I saw him today. I liked him as Stavros.
    I too was/am a HUGE Robert Kelker-Kelly fan! I loved him when he came to Days of Our Lives as a temporary 'replacement' for Bo, and then again as a 'replacement' Stavros on GH. It would be so terrific to have him back on GH on a permanent on/off relationship. If we have to have a Cassadine baddie pop in from time to time on GH, THIS is the Cassadine I want!

Speaking of Days of Our Lives and GH having actors going back and forth between them - there's been lots of them. In addition to RKK, for example the actors who played Ned Ashton, Edward Quartermaine, and Katherine Bell (a while back), just to name a few others. And now, to add to the list, it looks like Jen Lilly (recent GH replacement Maxi) has been cast on Days.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    In addition to RKK, for example the actors who played Ned Ashton, Edward Quartermaine, and Katherine Bell (a while back), just to name a few others. And now, to add to the list, it looks like Jen Lilly (recent GH replacement Maxi) has been cast on Days.
    Don't forget Patch and Kayla
    ilja likes this.

It was Robert Kelker-Kelly playing him then too. I squealed when I saw him today. I liked him as Stavros.
    That was Robert Kelker-Kelly?! Wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I too was/am a HUGE Robert Kelker-Kelly fan! I loved him when he came to Days of Our Lives as a temporary 'replacement' for Bo, and then again as a 'replacement' Stavros on GH. It would be so terrific to have him back on GH on a permanent on/off relationship. If we have to have a Cassadine baddie pop in from time to time on GH, THIS is the Cassadine I want!

Speaking of Days of Our Lives and GH having actors going back and forth between them - there's been lots of them. In addition to RKK, for example the actors who played Ned Ashton, Edward Quartermaine, and Katherine Bell (a while back), just to name a few others. And now, to add to the list, it looks like Jen Lilly (recent GH replacement Maxi) has been cast on Days.
    I loved him all the way back to when he was on Another World!

I just read a TVGuide article that was talking about him coming back. Said he will be around for a little while, but not long term - that the Spencer/Cassadine feud needed a new spin, so this was their idea. The article talked about how they will keep the feud back and who else might show up. I haven't watched GH regularly, so I'll put the rest in spoilers and others can say whether it is really a spoiler:

Click to see Spoiler:
    They mentioned bringing Victor Cassadine back at some point in the future (I guess played by Thaao Penghlis (isn't he the same guy that played Tony DiMera?). In addition, their was specific talk about Sam's father and who that is. In light of the larger interview, it appears that her father will also be a Cassadine? Is that pretty much accepted at this point?

+ Reply to Thread