+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree962Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Thanks, Critical.
    YEah, I remember John was assigned a case and left town for that after he and Sam decided not to get involved. Is Langston Starr's agent?
    SOD had an update on the situation with the people doing the online AMC and OLTL....still a mess as far as I can see. ABC has given up on dealing with them, which leaves the characters in limbo. If they bring back the actors as different characters that will be just weird. Also, frankly it is the actor PLUS the character that I like, for example, for Todd. The same actor playing someone different is no guarentee I'll like the new character.

By the way, BIG SPOILER, presumably in response to that phone call
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Michael falls into bed with BRENDA! according to SOD. Wait until Sonny finds out! Bad on SO many levels!
    . Must watch TV coming up, very shortly! Did NOT see that one coming!
    Ewwwwwe, that sounds so gross.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Now that would be cougarish behavior beyond the pale for me.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    BIG SPOILER, presumably in response to that phone call
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Michael falls into bed with BRENDA! according to SOD. Wait until Sonny finds out! Bad on SO many levels!
    . Must watch TV coming up, very shortly! Did NOT see that one coming!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I kinda enjoy seeing May/December relationships! That's very similar to what's going on on Days of Our Lives right now, except the "couple" is slightly older than Michael and Brenda. 30-something year old Rafe is having a very sexy tryst with his ex-wife's mother, Kate! And Kate is probably at least 20+ years older than Rafe, and she has a grandson in his 20s! By the way, back to Michael sleeping with Brenda -- remember when Brenda came back to Port Charles a couple of years ago, and there was this big mystery about her past and her connection to DANTE, and the question of whether she and DANTE (who is ALSO Sonny's son) had been lovers several years before. (In fact the question of whether Dante could've been the father of Brenda's son even came up.) So Brenda and Dante having an affair would've been pretty much the same as Brenda having an affair with Michael, cause Dante was very young (at the time of the alleged affair) too.

I saw Jack Wagner in concert...twice
    libgirl2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by karna68 View Post
    I saw Jack Wagner in concert...twice
    So you were the one.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I kinda enjoy seeing May/December relationships! That's very similar to what's going on on Days of Our Lives right now, except the "couple" is slightly older than Michael and Brenda. 30-something year old Rafe is having a very sexy tryst with his ex-wife's mother, Kate! And Kate is probably at least 20+ years older than Rafe, and she has a grandson in his 20s! By the way, back to Michael sleeping with Brenda -- remember when Brenda came back to Port Charles a couple of years ago, and there was this big mystery about her past and her connection to DANTE, and the question of whether she and DANTE (who is ALSO Sonny's son) had been lovers several years before. (In fact the question of whether Dante could've been the father of Brenda's son even came up.) So Brenda and Dante having an affair would've been pretty much the same as Brenda having an affair with Michael, cause Dante was very young (at the time of the alleged affair) too.
    Good point...so that was considered...but in the end it had never happened, right? Now, in effect, it has....and never say never, but I'd say that finishes that character and opens the door for
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Kate/Connie to become Sonny's "true" love. Previously it would have been hard for any long time viewer to have forgotten the Sonny/Brenda connection. Now Sonny will be turned off by Brenda. Boy, Brenda is being written as very self destructive, no?

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    So you were the one.
    Guilty, lol!

Lol that is low class even for Brenda. smh
    angelic_one2002 likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

It just hit me.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The phone call he just got would make him vulnerable to a wicked vengence seeking ole witch. Yeah, I don't like her right now and I'm one of those that used to think she was the only one for Sonny.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

OK, all, I think we are being snookered here--I bet he was falling down drunk and Brenda just gave him a place to sleep it off. As soon as Carly came in she said, It's not what it looks like, and then she said to Michael, we didn't do anything to be ashamed of.... and similar ambiguous comments. I'm not clear if Michael knows what (didn't?) happen though---he's acting like he blacked out a bit. On the other hand he's saying Mom, she didn't hurt me....
    Otherwise, even though he is no biological relation to Sonny it's just too irredeamable. I doubt Marcil will ever be on the show again for long stretches, but they like having her be able to pop in and out to disrupt things. If she's alienated everyone then she's no use.
    I was hoping that we'd get some explanation of the phone call from Starr, but not yet....

Stavros is back? Someone remind me...was he last seen in a deep freeze or something?

PWS - you might be confusing Stavros with his father, Mikos. We saw Stravros about ten years ago, I think. IIRC. he and Luke fought and he fell down a well or a mine shaft or something and was presumed dead. It was Robert Kelker-Kelly playing him then too. I squealed when I saw him today. I liked him as Stavros.

I did some digging and actually found a video of Mikkos' death. Behold the cheesetastic set design. I particularly enjoy how everything looks like it was made out of cardboard and spray painted gray! General Hospital 1981 - The Ice Princess Story part 54 - YouTube!

I was on the phone during the first 50 minutes of the show today and had the sound off, so I'm going to have to watch it on Hulu or something. I'll just echo what I said upthread - freaking Brenda
    Last edited by Critical; 04-10-2013 at 08:10 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread