+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1101Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Audrey's been on the show fairly recently. She was definitely still a regular cast member when Elizabeth was raped and she was around when Elizabeth's boys were smaller because Liz lived with her. Of course, I've been watching since probably 1976, so anything from the 90's forward seems recent to me!

Just seeing the picture of John Beradino today had me in tears. One of my favorite episodes every year was when Steve read The Christmas Story to the children in the pediatric ward. There are older videos, but this one is the best quality. Little BJ sitting on Steve's lap? General Hospital Christmas 1990 - YouTube I remember watching the first Christmas after John Beradino died and it was Alan Q taking his place in the peds ward. I bawled my eyes out.

There are TONS of old videos of the show on You Tube. I could spend hours.....

I wonder if Ethan will be back for good. I grew to really like him and hated how they just unceremoniously ran him out of town.

Apparently, we continue aging after we die....and the men grow facial hair. Who knew?

ETA: If anyone's interested in some of the old GH You Tube vids, user AddieCate007 has a TON of them uploaded and they're pretty good quality. Some of the ones I found from other users looked like they filmed a TV playing a bad VHS tape with a REALLY old camera. You can barely tell who's who!
    Last edited by Critical; 04-02-2013 at 07:29 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Anyway, loved the way they had the "dead" actors visit (the ones who aren't really dead like the senior Quartermaines), so that even more oldtimers can get in on the 50th. Apparently there's a whole week of this coming...I guess through next Monday now with more people turning up for the Nurses' Ball.
    I'm always glad when they bring Ghost Alan back, & this time both Tracy & Monica seeing him was even better. Plus bringing Ghost Monica's Daughter & Ghost Rick back with him really added to the fun.

I was afraid that I wouldn't know who the returnees were, but so far so good. The only one I didn't know was Monica's daughter, & they did an excellent job of making it crystal clear who she was. Audrey still looks great & the picture of Steve Hardy brought a tear to my eyes.

I hope this whole week is like today's show. The show is really going all out for their 50th.
    ilja likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Today was great! LOVED seeing Ethan, and I too, hope he's back to stay. Loved seeing Alan and Emily too --- but Rick, OMG, sadly, he's barely recognizable now, and I had the biggest crush on him, back in the day!

Loved seeing the other former cast members too, but for me, the icing on the cake was the revelation that Jax is engaged to Brenda. That is absolutely perfect!!! When Jax told Carly he was engaged to Brenda, the look on her face was PRICELESS!!! I have waited YEARS to have that moment of satisfaction, and it was delicious!!! -- After all the miserable, bullying, conniving, lousy, self-serving things she has done over the years, and after all the grief she has caused, she deserved to lose Jax to Brenda! I'm just sorry we couldn't have witnessed Jax and Brenda's love story in getting back together again. That would've made for a great story. At the very least, I hope that we get to see them together, as a couple, this week while they're on the show together.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I thought Alan was looking unusually healthy--the last couple of times not so much. I guess he had plenty of warning this time...he looked fit and tanned. Rick, I agree, a little hard to recognize, and Emily... I remember her as the first Emily, the one who went on to be a star...blanking on her name, so didn't recognize this one.

They really are using this to rehash the old stories....Monica's affairs wtih Rick and Ned, Elizabeth going through the whole Lucky/Emily/Nicholas thing. Loved that ghost Emily said she had to get going and visit Nicholas...was waiting for that scene! Maybe tomorrow! I'd love to see Casey visit from Lumina--drop in in the raw from Lumina, if he still looks like he did when Robin discovered him!

I have watched GH off and on since 1974. I used to Love Audrey, Steve and Nurse Jesse. It was good to see Audrey today and Alan Q. As far as Jax he can have Brenda and they can both disappear back to whatever hole they rolled out from under. Carly and Sonny are both better off without their conceited behinds. I would rather see Sonny with that nutter butter he is with now than Brenda.

I miss the old school GH I am not hooked on it any longer like I used to be. In college we had a Luke and Laura wedding Party to celebrate them getting married back in the day lol
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Ok, I will admit that I started watching GH with my mother 50 years ago when it started. There were definitely times where there were long breaks that I missed it, and of course story lines that are probably hidden somewhere in my brain, never to return.

It is great fun seeing some of the old faves, and I would love to see the return of Jeff Weber (Richard Dean Anderson)...he was one of my personal crushes, along with Rick Springfield.

I saw on one website that they have recast Lulu, and some of you may recognize her from previous soaps. I didn't. I won't list anything here, but she can be found by googling.
    Need40winks and ilja like this.

I started watching with my mom 50 years ago, when I was 2. I do not remember ever not having GH in my life. I love it. I cried the whole hour yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by crzndeb View Post

I saw on one website that they have recast Lulu, and some of you may recognize her from previous soaps. I didn't.
    Yes, I am a huge Y&R fan. The new LULU is currently on Y&R as ABBY NEWMAN - Emme (Marcy) Raylan. Marcy was dropped from Y&R due to budget cuts and has recently returned to Y&R for a short time.
    Not sure when she will be seen on GH.

Ex-Young and Restless Star Marcy Rylan CONFIRMED as General Hospital's Lulu! | Daytime Confidential
    KAREN

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Katie Couric is having an all GH show tomorrow (TH). Part of the anniversary. Good that ABC is doing some cross show support for GH. We should all watch so Katie gets a bump that can be attributed to GH fans, above and beyond her normal audience.

FORT Fan

I accidentally had my tv tuned to the General Hospital show and as I was about to change it MAKS came on! Wow! So good to see him. What a weird thing to be there at just that moment to see him on a program I never ever watch!
    ilja likes this.

+ Reply to Thread