+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree890Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    My guess is that Brenda is at Sonny's door.

Jacklyn Zeman has had way more than Botox - we've been talking about it upthread

I got a bit misty when Rachel Ames showed up. I always loved Audrey and Steve
    I am going to guess Brenda as well!!!

Audrey looked awesome!!!

I wonder if Rick Springfield will make an appearance! Calling Dr. Noah Drake!!!! I even loved his GH name!!!! LOL
    KAREN

I will confess to watching waaaaay too many hours of SN this weekend I dvr'd them all, and have the ones I didn't watch yet still waiting! Oddly, the only one of the early ones I didn't watch was L&L's wedding, only because I feel like I've seen it so many times. It was fun watching all the old stories, and seeing the oldies but goodies...Jeff Webber, Rose Kelly, Jake Meyer, Tania Jones, Joe Kelly, Susan Moore.....I'd love to see Jeff come back for the 50th, he's not dead is he? It would make sense since Liz is still here. The other thing that I really appreciated was feeling the history again. I mean, we all know how close Robin is to both Sonny and Brenda, but it was nice to see so many scenes that really remind us why. Same with the Stone/Robin scenes. I was a puddle at the end of that episode!! Biggest "OMG how the times have changed moment!": Nurse Jessie Brewer (who was quite attractive back in the day!) and "Peggy" (Steve Hardy's then girlfriend) sitting down in the hospital cafeteria having a cup of coffee and discussing their men and Nurse Jessie pulls out a cigarette and starts smoking. Yeah. And the conversation they were having....it was definitely 1963
    momrek06, Imperfect1 and ilja like this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Did they show the one where BJ died and Felicia found out that Maxie got her heart? Just remembering that moment where Felicia collapsed to the floor can get me misty. Anyone who says Kristina Wagner can't act has never seen her work during that storyline. She was amazing. Tony listening to BJ's heart beating in Maxie's chest?
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Did they show the one where BJ died and Felicia found out that Maxie got her heart? Just remembering that moment where Felicia collapsed to the floor can get me misty. Anyone who says Kristina Wagner can't act has never seen her work during that storyline. She was amazing. Tony listening to BJ's heart beating in Maxie's chest?
    In all of my many years of watching soaps -- since way back in the 1960s -- and over the years I've watched quite a few of them: Another World, The Doctors, One Life to Live, Port Charles, Days of Our Lives, and of course, GH, THAT SCENE when BJ died was one of the two scenes that totally, totally broke my heart. The other scene also involved a baby's death -- it was way back in the 1960's on Days of Our Lives, when teen age Julie's ex-best friend, Susan Martin (Denise Alexander) came into her baby's hospital room not knowing that her baby had died.

Wow. Can't even think of those two scenes, even now, without getting teary.

Maybe when Luke & Laura lift that bag off the head of the mystery guest they are staring into the face of Shaun Cassidy.

My guess is that Brenda is at Sonny's door.
    Vanessa Marcil was sitting with Laura Wright and Nancy Lee Grahn in the audience of DWTS last night so you very well could be right!

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Maybe when Luke & Laura lift that bag off the head of the mystery guest they are staring into the face of Shaun Cassidy.
    OMG!! I totally forgot he used to be on the show! I have a very vague recollection of some action/adventure scene involving a train (then again, that could just be an old Shaun Cassidy fantasy.... ). Wasn't he around with Frisco/Felicia? Or maybe Terry Brock? That was one thing I realized while watching all the old shows - I remebered the storys individually, but my time line was off so I didn't realize that certain story lines were going on at the same time, or what happened when in relation to other things....if that makes sense
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Well that was a tear jerker of a show today.
    Need40winks likes this.

I had also forgotten that Elizabeth was Audrey's granddaughter and just now read on Wiki that they had both been raped.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I remember when Elizabeth was, but not Audrey.
    Yes, tearjerker...in a good way. Obviously this show was meant to air on April 1, the actual anniversary, but because of the Papal preemption it got pushed back a day.

Loved the flashing back and forth between Sonny/Brenda, Jax/Carly.... I so predicted the responses of Sonny and Carly! I can see Carly refusing to sign the papers now! Poor Carly...you really should have found out if he'd moved on before you poured your heart out! Jax and Sonny do seem to have the same taste in women, but Jax always seems to get them 2nd. And not to be mean to a child but "Emma" is so much a better actress than "Jossalynn".

I wonder if we are going to see Tony or Georgie next.... Anyway, loved the way they had the "dead" actors visit (the ones who aren't really dead like the senior Quartermaines), so that even more oldtimers can get in on the 50th. Apparently there's a whole week of this coming...I guess through next Monday now with more people turning up for the Nurses' Ball. I wonder if any of those new interns will actually make it on to the show. The one who seemed to go the wrong way? Or was he just clueless and inexperienced as an actor?

I'm waiting for Bobbie's gay son to arrive to meet Felix! Come on, Bobbie, drop a hint that he'll be here for the ball!

+ Reply to Thread