+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1138Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Helena's been on the show pretty recently (or at least it feels that way), as have several of the other Cassadines. When did you start watching GH, Miss S?

I still remember the risque painting of Helena that Luke got ahold of and hung on the wall in his club. That was a pretty sexy painting!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

She was on recently if you were watching when Ethan left the show (right around the time Robin "died")---he was having a fling with "the woman in white" who turned out to be Helena's daughter---the daughter was supposed to seduce Ethan but then fell in love with him... so Helena killed her right in front of Luke and Ethan and I think Holly, or she might have come in later. I know Helena is quite the sex pot even at her age (loved that dress she had on!), but no one could figure out how she biologically could have had such a young daughter!
    And yes, Critical, I do indeed recall that "nearly nude" painting of the younger Helena on a chaise longue, in Luke's bar...va va va voom! There's always been some sex stuff going on between Luke and Helena....

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I just have to say something about Ellie's forehead...she gets the HUGE wrinkles, almost like a rubber mask rolling up... so distracting as the rest of her face is just flawless. I don't meant she shouldn't show emotion, but it's just odd. I don't know if it is the make up they are using on her or what.

And speaking of Ellie...ok, they are obviously trying to get Spinelli back with Maxie and his baby and make that the happy ending, and yet, as even AJ has noticed they are perfect for each other. So they create this huge issue over her not wanting a baby. They don't even discuss a compromise, like adoption? And yes, Ellie is maybe a little rigid and Aspie but this whole thing just seems over the top to me. And having seen how well Ellie and Spinelli fit is Maxie ever going to feel like "enough" for him now? Maybe they were surprised at the positive response to Ellie...

I had forgotten that Elizabeth Taylor appeared on GH until my recent foray into GH YouTube videos. Didn't she play Helena while she was there?

She did. IIRC, it was only for Luke and Laura's wedding and she was only on for a few days. Helena was then played really briefly by another actress, whose face I can't even remember, frankly. Constance Towers took over the role when Helena became more of a fixture on the show.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

And she does a wonderful job of her...I swear, she never ages! If that's plastic surgery it works...she looks old, but not decrepit, if you know what I mean.
    ilja likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    And she does a wonderful job of her...I swear, she never ages! If that's plastic surgery it works...she looks old, but not decrepit, if you know what I mean.
    LOL! Helena was one of the first true 'cougars' on TV, and even though Helena is one of the TV villains that I "love to hate" -- in so many of the older episodes, I think Constance Towers' flirting and bantering with Luke was so much fun - she even bordered on being a bit naughty at times. And when she wasn't flirting with Luke, remember all of her handsome young stud lovers/employees that she would sashay around with.
    ilja likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Good point---a true cougar!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    When did you start watching GH, Miss S?
    My soap viewing history:
    I watched DOOL most of my life. I started as a small child when my Mother was watching it. I didn't understand much but it stuck with me. Very sparse now, in the last 10 years or more.

I watched GH regularly back in the 80's, during the heyday. Luke, Laura, Bobbie, Scotty, Amy, the Webber guys, Monica, some of Robert Scorpio & Anna & Robin. Watched off & on during the Holly & Demi Moore's character days.

Then life got in the way & I stopped all soaps (except off & on DOOL when I happened to be home).

Around the early 2000's I started on OLTL because it was on at my lunch break. Watched 'till it ended.

Came back to GH when it moved into OLTL's timeslot & have been watching since. BIG gap in my history knowledge.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Tony G. is on The View today, talking about his favorite GH scenes and who else will dropping in for the 50th.

+ Reply to Thread