+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 534 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080130530 ... LastLast
Like Tree1144Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by kattatude;2248896;
    So Elizabeth has told Jason that the baby is his. He, of course, wants to do the right thing. I still think that in the end the baby will wind up being Lucky's. It's the soap way.

I get soooo aggravated with Rick. I guess he and Skye are in cahoots now with the whole Lorenzo briefcase deal.

Sonny and Carly - where is this going to go now?
    I just want to punch that little caniving Skye and pull all her fake red hair out! She really ticked me off today. We all know that she deliberately gave Rick the wrong code so that whatever was inside would be destroyed and her precious Alcazar would be safe and off the hook. grrrrr. Sonny and Carly are going to sleep together. I almost felt really bad for poor Spinelli today when they wouldn't let him look for Lulu.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Lulu's got so many men in love with her, what's a girl to do? lol! Spinelli, Dillon, Milo, is there anyone else? I can't stand Skye either, that whole scene ticked me off. I wasn't watching when Sonny and Carly were married before but I like them together. I will hate if Liz and Jason get together, I can't stand her.

I agree, karna. ACK if Liz and Jason get together. I don't like her character at the moment, and I've never liked the two of them together. No thanks.

I think they're also bringing on a character named Logan for Lulu. I had thought that was the new guy for Maxie, but SOD and others say Lulu.

Ric and Skye were definitely in on that wrong code business together. Ric apparently feared that what was in the briefcase would either harm him, or he was trying to get back in Alcazar's good graces (most likely the latter.)
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I haven't been liking Skye for quite some time now. In fact, I've never liked her, either on GH or AMC. I'm getting so sick of Rick's machinations. Now tell me, as I don't really know...does the DA/acting DA (whatever Rick is) have the authority to go in to a situation like the hostage takeover and start calling all the shots? Or is that only in soap opera land? I'd think it would fall to the police/FBI, not the DA.

Oh well, it's probably like the local mafia in Port Charles...I don't know exactly what Sonny does...lol. And Jason as the hit man who never kills anyone. Think about it. LOL! Of what exactly does Sonny's dastardly business consist?

Quote Originally Posted by kattatude
    Now tell me, as I don't really know...does the DA/acting DA (whatever Rick is) have the authority to go in to a situation like the hostage takeover and start calling all the shots? Or is that only in soap opera land? I'd think it would fall to the police/FBI, not the DA.
    I believe you're right. I don't think the Acting D/A has the authority to do such things. Of course I would have to ask my friend who works for a law firm. She will probably know. I believe the only ones who have the authority to call the shots are the Police Chief, the commissioner (sp?), the FBI and the Captain. Simple officers like Lucky or that other cop (the latin one that was with him on the drug bust at that guy's house) have to do whatever they're told. They can't call shots because they're under the above mentioned higher-ups
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Premium Member
    Of course the DA has no authority in that kind of situation. A DA is a lawyer, not a law enforcement officer. IRL you wouldn't find a DA anywhere near a hostage situation, and the mayor wouldn't be down there barking out orders. You also would not find any family members or friends milling around among the police or the SWAT team either. Typical soap world.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 02-21-2007 at 01:22 PM.

Okay, so I was right to suspend belief for the last couple weeks!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kattatude;2250221;
    Okay, so I was right to suspend belief for the last couple weeks!
    I think it's safe to say yes. I have to do that a lot and keep reminding myself that it's just mindless entertainment.

What's up with all y'all expecting REALITY from television shows???

I watch tv as a form of escapism, not realism.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2250229;
    What's up with all y'all expecting REALITY from television shows???

I watch tv as a form of escapism, not realism.
    I know. If I were not in the medical profession and my husband were not in law enforcement, it would be a lot easier to not pick apart those crazy details. It's supposed to be an escape, and that's why I'm addicted.

+ Reply to Thread