+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 485 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree890Likes

Thread: General Hospital

I love that Jason is finally breaking away from Sonny and thinking for himself. I've always hated that pairing, especially since Jason Quartermaine always thought for himself and Jason Morgan has been such a mindless automaton. These past few episodes reminded me of how great Jason and Elizabeth were together too. It almost makes me wish they'd get a second chance, even though I don't want Lucky to get dumped.

The show has been so good lately and part of that is apparently due to the fact that Pratt has been busy writing another show and Guza is doing most of the plotline stuff alone. I hope Pratt never comes back! The show is finally becoming more balanced - the way it used to be....and not even that big a fan of Bob Guza. I can even stomach Sonny when he's not on every five minutes and in every storyline. We're finally getting lots of scenes in the hospital (imagine that!) and it's not because Sonny got shot again!

Loved Robin's line to Patrick after his surgery about how the liver repair went okay, but the vasectomy went great.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I was thinking the same thing Critical, about Jason and Elizabeth. I can't even remember why they broke up. I wish they would have kept Reese. Emily is so boring and matching her with Sonny is a joke. He needs someone hot. Emily is so wishy washy except when she gets mad.

According to The View, Anna Devane will finally be returning. Don't know when yet, though.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Gal View Post
    I was thinking the same thing Critical, about Jason and Elizabeth. I can't even remember why they broke up. I wish they would have kept Reese. Emily is so boring and matching her with Sonny is a joke. He needs someone hot. Emily is so wishy washy except when she gets mad.
    I think I remember that Elizabeth couldn't handle Jason's job anymore. It's been so long, I can't really remember for sure.

I wasn't a fan of Reese - she was just "meh" for me. Honestly, I'd be happy if they just got rid of Sonny. Not going to happen, I know, but I can dream.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Best line of the day today came from Alan. In response to Lulu's call for the Q's to muster up some enthusiasm about Luke and Tracy renewing their wedding vows: "I'd throw tomatoes, but my back hurts."

This whole Quartermaine-Spencer family mess is hilarious! Pairing Tracy and Luke was a genius idea.

ETA: That was a nice little moment with Tracy touching Lila's picture. I teared up a bit there.

Oh and Luke's off on another adventure! I can't believe how much better this show has gotten in such a short amount of time. I used to f-fwd almost all of it and now I'm watching every scene. This is how the show used to be. I hope it lasts!
    Last edited by Critical; 04-13-2006 at 09:02 PM.

John Ingle's Back!!

Finally....the RIGHT Edward is back. So much better than Jed Allan.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I wasn't a fan of Reese - she was just "meh" for me. Honestly, I'd be happy if they just got rid of Sonny. Not going to happen, I know, but I can dream.
    Thank you! I have hated the "mob" take over of General Hospital from its inception. It's why I don't watch it that much anymore. Anytime Sonny, Jason, Sam, or anyone/thing else mob related comes on I switch the channel! The show is called GENERAL HOSPITAL! Take us back to the hospital and keep us there! Show us more from the Quartermaines, Spencers, Webers, Scorpios, etc. The old families are still around and are much more entertaining to watch. I miss my old GH. It looks like they are bringing some of it back, but it's a case of too little too late IMO.

I squealed and clapped yesterday when I saw John Ingle walk through the door! I loved David Lewis' Edward, but John Ingle is wonderful too. Jed Allen was never Edward for me and I'm still sad that he played the scenes after Lila died instead of John, who had worked with her for so long. I'm sure he was disappointed as well about not getting to say goodbye to her as Edward.

I'm loving this whole rift between Sonny and Jason and would LOVE for it to be permanent. Of course, it won't be, but I can dream. Watching Sonny screaming about Jason to Emily yesterday just made me hate him more. Is this girl stupid? What does she see in him? I'd be overjoyed if Jason got his memory back, broke up with Sam and (somehow) got back with Elizabeth. Steve Burton has said that he'd leave the show if Jason recovered his memory, but I'd love to see him play that storyline. Him dealing with having morals and realizing everything he's done would be great viewing. He's been so much better in recent weeks - not the dead-faced automaton/killing machine he's been playing for the last few years.

I'm liking Carly more and more, especially because she "picked" Jason and because it looks like - from the previews anyway - that she's going to tell Nikolas that John is his son. Rumors are that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Ingo is leaving the role of Jax, so I don't care if they run that character into the ground
    . I've been a fan of Laura Wright since she was on The City, so maybe I'm biased, but I think she's doing a great job as Carly. She's really making the role her own.

I still can't believe how much I'm loving this show lately! All of this stuff in the hospital is great. Remember when it was a big deal to get scenes that weren't in the hospital? Can't wait for the Patrick and Robin stuff in the previews! I love these two together so I hope he doesn't break her heart.

I actually found myself feeling sorry for Tracy when Luke took off on her. Jane Elliott is still one of the best actresses on daytime. I may not like Tracy all the time, but I love watching her!

Critical.... Can I give you a big "yeah, what she said!"??

I, too, screamed when John Ingle came back on the screen! I'm too excited... Jed Allen could just never do the "cranky" the way that JI can. And sure enough, there he was within two lines giving a better Edward than JA did in his entire tour.

And I still hate the Sonny/Emily pairing. Nothing these two do together will ever be believable. Or rather, I can believe that Emily would be infatuated with Sonny, but I absolutely cannot believe that a character like Sonny would ever be remotely attracted to Emily... let alone profess his undying love for her and easily lose his entire business for her. And then he makes one comment about wanting to get back at Jason for taking his business and Emily replies with "so you're saying you don't love me and this was all a ruse to get back at Jason?" ????? Where in the hell did THAT come from?

Laura Wright is honestly my favorite Carly. She has already surpassed Sarah Brown in my eyes. And while I grew to like Tamara Braun's Carly... I never got lost in her character and could always see that this was TB acting as Carly. With Laura Wright... she just IS Carly.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I have missed a lot with General Hospital, and I have a question about Reese. I saw scenes where Carly got hit by a car and Reese was about to confess a secret to her about who she really was. Were they related or something?

+ Reply to Thread