+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree740Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Sorry, but it could still happen. Several actors were signed to long term contracts in the months before AMC was canceled. Heck, Susan Lucci went on her book tour and was assured by network execs that the show was safe....and then it was canceled when she got home from her tour.

I stay in "hope for the best, but expect the worst" mode at all times now.

This is sort of a spoiler, but I'm not tagging it because a) we've known this was coming for a LONG time and b) I wouldn't want anyone who avoided spoilers to miss it ....

According to the article I posted the link to above, the Nurses' Ball starts on Monday, April 1st. I'm sure, much like with holidays on GH, it will last for WEEKS!

ETA: Oh dear, Jackie Zeman's been hitting the collagen hard, hasn't she? Those lips could be used as a flotation device. She used to be so cute. I can't believe she did that to her face.
    Last edited by Critical; 03-26-2013 at 04:11 PM.
    ilja likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

It's way more than collagen! Everything has been tightened to the extreme. She looks like a burn victim. She is having great difficulty turning her head, due to the neck tightening. Why do people do this to themselves!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    ETA: Oh dear, Jackie Zeman's been hitting the collagen hard, hasn't she? Those lips could be used as a flotation device. She used to be so cute. I can't believe she did that to her face.
    I agree. I couldn't stop staring at her face & the odd way it moved, when it did move. I couldn't help wondering what she would look like if she had allowed herself to age gracefully, or at least keep the alterations to minimum. I've said it before: That fat upper lip thing has got to stop. It looks awful & moves like a duck bill.

I need a little help with GH history.
    Laura today referred to Nikolas as her "first born". That threw me for a loop. I was under the impression that she came to Port Charles as a young teen, married Scotty, got raped by Luke, had Lucky from the rape, & THEN dissappeared & was with the Cassadines, & Nikolas happened during that time. Somewhere along the line Luke & her got married & also had Lulu. She then lost touch with reality & ended up in the mental institution for many years.

How is Nikolas her first born? She would have had to have had him at about 12-13, before she came to Port Charles in order for him to have been secret & her first born.

Someone straighten me out. My knowledge must be badly skewed.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

Obviously she's been doing Restylane or some other filler, but I just was talking about her lips, which look so mis-shapen.

Her neck is looking pretty chicken-y if she had a lift done there. There's a total disconnect between her face, which is fat and smooth from all the injections, and her neck, which looks much older.

Nikolas is Laura's first born. She gave birth to him when she was missing from PC for those years....that was when Luke was with Holly. Lucky isn't a product of rape. They had him years later.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Nikolas is Laura's first born. She gave birth to him when she was missing from PC for those years....that was when Luke was with Holly. Lucky isn't a product of rape. They had him years later.
    That's what threw me off. I'm glad Lucky didn't come from the rape.

Thank you.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I was reading a history of GH in SOD yesterday, sort of a year by year highlights....Luke was I think the last in a series of redeemed rapists (assuming you don't count OLTL's Todd)... or at least rapists who later married their victims. There was one early character named Phil who seems to have raped at least 3 women... and nothing happened. Times have changed....starting with Elisabeth's rape, Lucky comforting her, and then having to learn that his dad raped his mom....

I agree about Bobbi--wow... I'd seen pictures, with negative comments, before, but live it is really sad. Can they do nothing to fix those lips? They had pictures of the young Bobbi in the story, and she was so pretty---even as a more middle aged woman she was attractive, back when her daughter Carly was seducing her husband Tony... but after she left the show... wow. Desperation I guess.

Someone who watched the years I missed...who was the father of Bobbi's son Lucas? The mother of Nicholas' son Spencer? Sounds like Lucas is gay and grown up enough to be a fix up for poor Felix who is finally facing reality with Milo. I loved Milo saying he didn't like it when people saw him just as a piece of meat. How old is Spencer, in theory. Thanks!

So it sounds like Britt was sent to GH just to seduce Dr. Drake? Why?? How would that have fit into Faison's plan? Or was Faison part of some larger Cassadine plan? Did we see Faison conversing with Helena? I seem to have some vague memory like that. And what are they going to do to wreck Samantha's pairing with Dr. Drake? Kill her? Bring back Robin, but in some way that leaves Drake open for Britt? A video of her shown at the Ball? Wouldn't that just leave Patrick unable to move forward?

I actually think Sabrina would be a good fit for Milo if he weren't one of Sonny's bodyguards. Maybe if he found a new legal way to make a living... as a fitness instructor? But then Emma would be disappointed... well, a good lesson to learn...
    By the way, I have to say, Emma is so well done--that little actress is amazing. Today she had a slightly "off" line, I think when she was telling Felix he would find someone else to love (yeah, like that's what a kid her age would say!), and it was jarring because the actress is normally SO natural. She reminds me of the young Robin--who was also played very naturally as a 7 or 8 year old when she first came on the show (other than the bizarrely frilly clothes they had her in, but that wasn't her choice I'm sure). The actress who plays Emma is another one I 'd like to see age in place. FYI, according to the SOD show they once planned to rapidly age Robin but got talked out of it by cast members.

The rape in the disco happened when Laura was still married to Scott. Luke and Laura had several summers of adventures - The Ice Princess, running from Frank Smith, etc. and then she was kidnapped. She came back, they left town..... then Tony Geary came back and played Bill Eckert for a while when the show was trying to be all blue collar. When Luke and Laura came back to town, Lucky was maybe 9-11 years old (so hard to tell because he was pretty little for his age, I think). They left town again when Lulu was little and when they returned, it was Julie Marie Bermann playing her. I remember being shocked at how much she resembled a young Genie Francis.

"Magic Milo" Milo's pretty, but he's as dumb as a box of hair. I loved Epiphany giving Patrick a lecture. "So, you had this epiph.....realization." Excellent.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I know, I loved how they both kept avoiding the E word, starting with Patrick!

Milo might not be as dumb as he seems; Sabrina could get him to finish his GED and maybe get some kind of trainer's certificate. OK, she's probably too bright for him, with her perfect scores on the nursing exam and all, but it's nice to see her with someone who appreciates her and isn't all full of angst, except about whether he's stepping on another relationship. What a gentleman! And at least he's nearer her age.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    That's what threw me off. I'm glad Lucky didn't come from the rape.

Thank you.
    If it was a "legitimate" rape Lucky would have never been born. Laura & her magic lady parts could have just shut that whole thing down!

now I am trying really hard to remember who Lucas's dad was? was it Tony?

and was Spencer's mother Courtney, Sonny's sister?

+ Reply to Thread