+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree855Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

I only know this from an interview on one of the entertainment shows, but Rick Springfield's real life son ( Liam Springthorpe) was on GH today. He is playing one of the cops that is tracking Lulu's disappearance. He was in her apt. and talked to Luke and Laura.

He does resemble his dad.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Huh, the one with about 2 lines, mostly saying, you have a visitor? I did notice that he was both a bit awkward (as in inexperienced) and cute!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Huh, the one with about 2 lines, mostly saying, you have a visitor? I did notice that he was both a bit awkward (as in inexperienced) and cute!
    So is he awkward in a cute kind of way or cute in an awkward kind of way?

So, nurse Britch is the daughter of the evil nurse. That apple didn't fall far from the tree did it? Go on with your bad self Epiphany! Patrick, extricate your head from your nether regions. Sabrina awaits.

I haven't had a chance to watch much at all... do we know anything about Lulu's disappearance? Like, was she kidnapped, might have run off, or totally in the dark?
    Count your blessings!

Lulu was kidnapped.

General Hospital

Did we see her get kidnapped? What I remember is her on the floor, Dante coming in and then the next scene was him on the floor and Lulu gone. We're assuming she was kidnapped, but do we know for sure?

I was so happy to see Nikolas. I hope he sticks around after the big anniversary. Tyler Christopher got a raw deal when they fired him. The new show runners should make it up to him! Maybe Nik could be the new love interest for Sabrina when Robin inevitably shows up again.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Ooh That woud be cute! I like that!.
    I think it is pretty safe to assume Lulu was kidnapped by the evil doctor, mom to evil doc in training Brit. Britta...that explains her very European name... Of course you never know, but why else is she in town where she might run into Anna... and for all she knows John ... who might recognize her from Switzerland.
    I loved Epiphany showing how you stand up to bullies and they can crumble. Of course if you have less power you need to make sure you are standing on rock when you do it, and she did!

Re the cop/son of Springfield, he was a bit awkward as an actor...coming too far into the room to make his announcements, etc. It did seem as though he were just learning his way arouond a TV set. Maybe he's more used to stage acting. But as to cute, just cute!

I was really hoping we'd soon see the last of Britt, but now that her mother's come to town, it looks like we'll have to endure her for at least a while longer.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

News about the OLTL characters:
    Click to see Spoiler:

'One Life to Live' loses actors to 'General Hospital'
    by Lynette Rice

Disappointing news for Llanview lovers: Two of its popular denizens won’t be around to celebrate One Life to Live’s new home online.

EW has confirmed that Michael Easton and Kristen Alderson — who reprised their roles as John McBain and Starr Manning on ABC’s General Hospital while Prospect Park ironed out details for OLTL’s online version — won’t return to their old soap once it debuts April 29 on The Online Network. Instead, ABC is reportedly figuring out a way to keep them on General Hospital, but in different roles, according to a TV Guide report.

GH is apparently looking to do the same with Roger Howarth, who is currently shooting episodes for OLTL as Todd Manning — but for only two and a half months. That’s all Prospect Park could get from Howarth, who was heavily wooed by GH to stay in Port Charles.

Though Prospect owns the characters of John, Starr and Todd, it temporarily released them to ABC – which in turn kept Easton, Alderson and Howarth employed after it cancelled OLTL in January of 2012. The trio ended up being a popular additions to GH, thereby prompting ABC to release this statement last month: “General Hospital is excited about Easton, Alderson and Howarth staying on the show, and we are exploring ways to allow that to happen.”

Prospect tried to work out a deal to share the characters, to no avail. According to one high-level executive familiar with the negotiations, Prospect only needed Alderson to work one week on OLTL and then she could return to GH. It wanted Easton for up to four weeks before he would be free to return to Port Charles, as well.
    'One Life to Live' loses actors to 'General Hospital' | Inside TV | EW.com

I was so happy to see Nik and then they shoot him. WTF? I'm sure he;ll be fine. No way they'd bring Tyler Christopher back only to kill him.

What are the odds that Britt isn't somehow related to the Cassadines?

ETA: News about the Nurses' Ball, including pics: [PHOTOS] General Hospital Spoilers — Nurses’ Ball 2013 - TVLine
    Last edited by Critical; 03-25-2013 at 08:56 PM.

According to that spoiler above, it seems as though there are no cancellation plans on the horizon for GH.

+ Reply to Thread