+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree930Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Guys, please keep in mind that if it hasn't happened on the show, we consider it a spoiler even if you don't. Please be considerate to the posters here who don't want to know anything ahead of time and use spoiler tags.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Sorry! And thanks for spoilering our comments.
    Someone remind me, was there not some mysterious call Todd got from his son that sort of cut off a few days ago? Maybe that relates to the call Starr got?

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Click to see Spoiler:
    Nancy Lee Grahn (Alexis) tweeted this yesterday: "Mark your calendars for April 9th to watch General Hospital. That will be my favorite day on General Hospital in 18 years." Anyone know what happens on that date? When does the Nurses Ball start?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

No idea what it could be.... But I don't think it would be a spoiler to urge people to watch on April 9th....plus or minus a day or two...in case there are any more Pope type events that throw off the schedule.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

And off they go into the sunset.... Don't much care about John, but hope we see Todd and his daughter again... I wonder if the opening in the PC police dept. will create a job for Frisco to settle down in...or will Mac go back to police work, but not as chief?
    I thought for sure that bear was going to blow up in Lulu's face
    Click to see Spoiler:
    to explain her recast...maybe they will just have her in a coma for a while...
    . But apparently she will just be hospitalized in a coma or something...I supposed she could die, but I doubt Luke's daughter, and Sonny's daughter in law will die. Too much story. But she could be put on life support for a while causing Maxie to wonder what's going to happen to her baby with no mommy to take it when it's born. Just a guess, not a spoiler! I've got no secret knowledge....

Lulu & Star both out of the equation. Who runs the haunted star now?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    And off they go into the sunset.... Don't much care about John, but hope we see Todd and his daughter again... I wonder if the opening in the PC police dept. will create a job for Frisco to settle down in...or will Mac go back to police work, but not as chief?
    I thought for sure that bear was going to blow up in Lulu's face
    Click to see Spoiler:
    to explain her recast...maybe they will just have her in a coma for a while...
    . But apparently she will just be hospitalized in a coma or something...I supposed she could die, but I doubt Luke's daughter, and Sonny's daughter in law will die. Too much story. But she could be put on life support for a while causing Maxie to wonder what's going to happen to her baby with no mommy to take it when it's born. Just a guess, not a spoiler! I've got no secret knowledge....
    Are they gone for good? Did negotiations with Prospect Park go bust?
    I figured they'd leave for just a bit to close things up, but from what they were saying today it all sounded so permanent.
    Todd said something like "I'll probably never be back. Tell your mother (Carly) I'll miss her face." or something like that.
    John's goodbye to Anna also sounded very permanent, maybe even moreso. I wasn't paying a great deal of attention, but it sounded like he got a new job somewhere else.
    Starr's goodbye was the only one that sounded temporary, although I got that future-plane-crash feeling.

If someone knows more please let me know. Of course make sure to use spoiler tags. Not everyone is as nosy as me.

By the way, I think I know what the Alexis actress was talking about to tune in for:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Nurses' Ball. I've read it will be shortly after the beginning of April.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I want Todd to stay on GH with Carly! Back on OL it will be all Blair all over again!
    Miss Scarlet likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Miss S,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    it looks like the OLTL actors will be back in about a month, if the soap sites are correct

Please let's just NOT have Laura marry Scotty, okay? I haven't liked him EVER - although he was more tolerable with Dominique and Lucy - and I remember their first wedding and honeymoon in Mexico all those years ago. If he ends up sticking around after the 50th anniversary, I wonder if they'll bring Serena to Port Charles too.

At this point they've dragged things out so long, I wouldn't be surprised if the Nurses' Ball aired during November Sweeps.

Is that the first truly civil conversation we've ever seen between Sam and Carly? I actually enjoyed it. It was a REAL conversation.

I've missed a few episodes, but we haven't seen Sigmund since Lucy came back. Did they explain where he is? I guess ducks don't live so long. Maybe he died
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yes, Sigmund died...Lucy referenced him when she got so upset when Tracy served her duck a l'orange, way back before the vampire thing.
    I'm hoping Dante calls Laura after he calls 911...that would put the kibosh on the wedding. Luke might even say, Lulu's getting dressed, which would mean they would wait for her.

I agree, all the goodbye's sounded permanent except Starr's but they could be gone just long enough for their significant others to get interested in someone else... I'm sure when they taped that they had no idea what was happening.
    The problem is....this spoiler is not plot related directly, but indirectly concerns legal issues that may affect the plots
    Click to see Spoiler:
    PP owns the characters, NOT the actors. So Roger could come back, but not Todd Manning if they want to use the character. And they could recast Todd for PP, but GH still couldn't use him. And ditto with the other OLTL characters. However, apparently PP is going to film a few weeks of AMC, then a few weeks of OLTL, and show them alternately, and in half hour format.They could use those characters to get off with a bang and then let them go. I've heard that for AMC at least there is going to be a forward time jump, that is, it won't pick up with JR shooting someone, that will have been maybe years in the past...also explaining the suddenly older children.

+ Reply to Thread