+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree930Likes

Thread: General Hospital

  1. #2921
    FORT Fogey Miss Scarlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,516

    Re: General Hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I've only been able to watch bits and pieces of the show this week. Does anyone know what's been happening?
    Now that February Sweeps are over it's been pretty uneventful:
    Duke took Anna out to dinner & kissed her. His money was counterfeit.
    Tracy/AJ still fighting over ELQ. Nothing new.
    Laura saw Duke kiss Anna & thinks she's cheating on Luke.
    Kate saw Connie today. I expect some kind of fight for survival coming.
    Carly's still mad at everyone.
    Steve got hauled off to jail by the out of state cops.
    Olivia finally changed out of that way-too-young-for-her wedding dress today.
    Sabrina was denied her graduation because she was set up as cheating (I think we all know who), but she gets to retake her test alone & supervised.
    McBain/Lucy/Rafe were cleared of wrongdoing.
    Todd is going to trial.

    Three days of show could have been handled in 1/2 hour or less. You've basically missed nothing.
    ilja likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

  2. #2922
    FORT Fogey PA Snow Bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,954

    Re: General Hospital

    Totally confused here, why did that guy in the morgue take the ring? Is he the "real" Caleb?
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

  3. #2923
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    45
    Posts
    16,352

    Re: General Hospital

    Caleb wasn't dead. He killed the morgue worker, took back his ring and left the worker's body in his place.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  4. #2924
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    45
    Posts
    16,352

    Re: General Hospital

    Oh, dear GOD, will this ridiculous Pickle Lila relish nonsense ever end!? They even skewered it on Talk Soup with a clip package of Tracy ranting about her relish in like 50 different scenes. It seemed even more ridiculous condensed down than it does on the show, if that's even possible. It's such a waste of Jane Elliott and her huge talent to have her yammering on about a condiment in every episode.

    In casting news, Julie Marie Berman is leaving the show. They're recasting Lulu, which is why I'm not using spoiler tags. No change to the storyline, just to the cast. I think the actress replacing her was on Y&R, but I can't remember her name (and am, frankly, too lazy to google it).

    In other casting news,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Brandon Barash is leaving the show. So far, there's no report that they're recasting, so it looks like Johnny is leaving town. I can't say I'm surprised or, really, disappointed. It seems like they're done with him. He hasn't been as fun to watch since they split him from Carly.....or really, since he and Olivia split. I was surprised they even announced he was leaving. I thought he was already gone.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  5. #2925
    Go Donny! Gutmutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Big Brother house
    Posts
    13,125

    Re: General Hospital

    Oh, I'm sorry to hear about the Lulu actress. I like her, and I like the way she clicks with Dominic.
    As to the spoiler - meh.
    Count your blessings!

  6. #2926
    FORT Fogey ilja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,802

    Re: General Hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Now that February Sweeps are over it's been pretty uneventful:
    Duke took Anna out to dinner & kissed her. His money was counterfeit.
    Tracy/AJ still fighting over ELQ. Nothing new.
    Laura saw Duke kiss Anna & thinks she's cheating on Luke.
    Kate saw Connie today. I expect some kind of fight for survival coming.
    Carly's still mad at everyone.
    Steve got hauled off to jail by the out of state cops.
    Olivia finally changed out of that way-too-young-for-her wedding dress today.
    Sabrina was denied her graduation because she was set up as cheating (I think we all know who), but she gets to retake her test alone & supervised.
    McBain/Lucy/Rafe were cleared of wrongdoing.
    Todd is going to trial.

    Three days of show could have been handled in 1/2 hour or less. You've basically missed nothing.
    What a fabulous recap! If I weren't afraid of the show being cancelled, I'd just skip it and come here and ask you what happened each week.

    As long as I'm back to fix a typo, I wanted to point out that my favorite recap was the part about Olivia and that's even with her being one of my favorite characters. That dress was horrendous.

  7. #2927
    FORT Fogey Rockytop Chick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,476

    Re: General Hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Caleb wasn't dead. He killed the morgue worker, took back his ring and left the worker's body in his place.

    nooooooooooo!!!!! why can't they be done with the whole vampire thing????/
    tapper01 and ilja like this.

  8. #2928
    Yes we Did! - Twice!! Katydyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In the playground in my mind
    Posts
    3,066

    Re: General Hospital

    Two things...I am loving Sabrina and Patrick! GH is playing it perfectly because they're not shoving the story down our throats every day...I'm finding myself frustrated because I want more of them and Patrick's oh-so-slowly dawning realization of what an important part of his life Sabrina has become. As for Connie/Kate...I think GH may have actually found a unique way to twist the DID story. I think Connie might have been telling the truth today....the Kate we were all introduced to years ago is the alter and Connie really is the original personality. It makes sense. Either that or it's some weird thing where the original Connie Falconari really did split and both new personalities need to be integrated to get the whole "real" person back. Both seem to have real, clear memories of the past anyway. And how great were the Todd/Heather scenes the other day? I so hope PP and ABC work out their issues soon! OK, so that was three things
    ilja likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata


    "I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

  9. #2929
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,254

    Re: General Hospital

    Apparently there is some kind of deal worked out with PP, at least in the short term where Todd show hops (I don't think that's really a spoiler...I have not idea what effect that will have on the plot). Maybe he's in jail in Llanview when he's on GH, or something? Hard to figure. But if they can give "Luke" a many month vacation every year and still work it into the plot...Turkish prison, for example, why not Todd?

    I see in the previews that he's on trial, presumably in Llanview, and Heather shows up to testify. Not sure how impressive Heather's testimony will be...certified nut case and all...

  10. #2930
    FORT Fogey ilja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,802

    Re: General Hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    Two things...I am loving Sabrina and Patrick! GH is playing it perfectly because they're not shoving the story down our throats every day...I'm finding myself frustrated because I want more of them and Patrick's oh-so-slowly dawning realization of what an important part of his life Sabrina has become. As for Connie/Kate...I think GH may have actually found a unique way to twist the DID story. I think Connie might have been telling the truth today....the Kate we were all introduced to years ago is the alter and Connie really is the original personality. It makes sense. Either that or it's some weird thing where the original Connie Falconari really did split and both new personalities need to be integrated to get the whole "real" person back. Both seem to have real, clear memories of the past anyway. And how great were the Todd/Heather scenes the other day? I so hope PP and ABC work out their issues soon! OK, so that was three things
    Ewwwwwwe! That's kind of freaky when someone gets in my mind like that especially this early in the morning when I haven't had enough coffee yet.

    I am so loving how slowly they are taking the Patrick and Sabrina story. I also loved, loved, loved the scene between Todd and Heather, two of my favorite bad guys. I loved how Rafe got through Heather's thick skin.

    As for Connie and Kate, I'd just assume we had Connie with no Kate because Kate gets on my last nerve and Connie is so much fun. Well except for that whole killing people thing and stealing what-her-face's teen angst book.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.