Like Tree1042Likes

Thread: General Hospital

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: General Hospital

So according to Soap Opera Digest the latest returnee will be
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Luke's sister, Bobbi.

SOD also had genealogy charts for the Quartermaines and Spencers. Reminded me of assorted byblows such as Bobby Lee Holt. Were they covered in the will? And while I remember he also had a black son, I didn't recall he had a sister, and that sister had a child...have they already chosen sides?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    So according to Soap Opera Digest the latest returnee will be
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Luke's sister, Bobbi.

SOD also had genealogy charts for the Quartermaines and Spencers. Reminded me of assorted byblows such as Bobby Lee Holt. Were they covered in the will? And while I remember he also had a black son, I didn't recall he had a sister, and that sister had a child...have they already chosen sides?
    I think you mean Jimmy Lee Holt I remember him and his faded jeans and matching jacket. Such a rebel.

Bradley Ward was Edward's son with Mary Mae. He died (I think) off-screen and his son Justus came to town. He and his sister and Mary Mae were in town for a while. I'm pretty sure the majority of the Ward family is dead. That seems to be the preferred method of exiting a character on GH.

So, I think I missed the end of the scene with Frisco, Maxie and Britt. The last thing I saw was Frisco telling Britt that he was a "fixer" who took care of bad people and that she looked like a bad person. Was that it or did I miss something?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

At the beginning of the next show, there was more to the conversation, but he basically told her to leave Sabrina alone and I think he told her to keep the secret about the baby and that was about it

I love all of these returning characters, but the big drawback is that there are too many diferent storylines going on at the same time. You see 5 minutes of something and then it's a week before the story picks back up again.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yes, that is the downside, but I can live with it because I know these returnees...might be harder for people who've joined the show later.
    I think Frisco even told Britt to fix things for Sabrina in the end of show bit I saw. I've missed some but I don't think I've seen her do that. On the other hand, Frisco told her to do that at the V Day party and so far it's only the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    At the beginning of the next show, there was more to the conversation, but he basically told her to leave Sabrina alone and I think he told her to keep the secret about the baby and that was about it

I love all of these returning characters, but the big drawback is that there are too many diferent storylines going on at the same time. You see 5 minutes of something and then it's a week before the story picks back up again.
    Thanks

I missed the first few minutes of that next episode (literally maybe a scene or two before the opening credits), so I must have missed that little scene. Weird, since they don't usually conclude something like that. They at least continue it for another segment.

I'm enjoying all the returns, but it makes me worry that this is a farewell tour. I keep telling myself it's for the 50th anniversary and hoping that they're not just trying to let the show go out on a high note.
    ilja likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Thanks

I missed the first few minutes of that next episode (literally maybe a scene or two before the opening credits), so I must have missed that little scene. Weird, since they don't usually conclude something like that. They at least continue it for another segment.

I'm enjoying all the returns, but it makes me worry that this is a farewell tour. I keep telling myself it's for the 50th anniversary and hoping that they're not just trying to let the show go out on a high note.
    I may have agreed a year or so ago, but I think the networks have seen such a poor response to the replacements for all the cancelled soaps that they are reconsidering those decisions.
    elleprn likes this.

I didn't watch GH back when Lucy was on & never watched Port Charles, but I'm just loving Lucy. She's quite the character. Her never-give-up, never-back-down attitude is great.
    I hope her return is long term.
    ilja likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

If anyone has seen the movie Side Effects, did you notice Michael's dead girlfriend Abby? She has a couple of scenes with Jude Law. It's a pretty good movie if you get a chance.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Click to see Spoiler:
    So according to one of the soap mags it really is true that the computer version of OLTL is pulling Starr, McBain, and Todd, for the moment at least. I know they are not doing continuous filming, but rather 6 weeks of AMC and then 6 weeks of OLTL, so maybe they can work out something where the characters are on and off out of town (or in jail, as the case may be!). Or they film GH like crazy in their off 6 weeks and those scenes are sprinkled throughout GH when they are away? But then what are Todd et al. doing of use while they are on OLTL? I'd hate to see recasts and different lives happening... And anyway, GH can't use the characters unless OLTL says they can. They hardly filmed in Feb., so should disappear from our screens shortly. I hope they got to do a decent wrap up and excuse for their departures.

Speaking of which... who was watching Starr and Michael from the bushes while they did an endless recap of their romance? That was just about the weirdest scene I've ever seen, and even those two good actors couldn't pull it off. Who stands at the roadside killsite of the woman's ex and daughter on a freezing winter night for 40 minutes rehashing their romance? On a road with a clear blindspot I might add... any minute I expected a car to cream them.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Are we to believe that Starr's ex and/or daughter have survived in the bushes all this time? Or is this someone who is going to kidnap Starr to explain why she isn't on GH? But then how will she turn up on OLTL unless it is her ex who is the kidnapper? Weird....
    Last edited by Critical; 02-26-2013 at 12:57 AM. Reason: added spoiler tags

So this Clay guy was a musician who had a psychic break when his wife died and believed himself to be a vampire... we see him with fangs biting Sam's neck and "swooping" with appropriate sound effects to look like he has super speed (and appears and disappears without people noticing). Have they tipped it one way or the other that I haven't seen? I don't get to watch every day. I never watched Port Charles.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread