+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1099Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    With the tremendously huge popularity of vampire stories in movies and tv for the last five or ten years, it's no big surprise that the GH powers-that-be thought the GH viewers would love vampire stories as a part of GH too. And coincidentally, they had a wealth of 'vampire history' in their own backyard with their own 'Port Charles' spin off and the former GH characters. So, it probably was just a matter of time before someone got the 'brilliant' idea of bringing vampires back into the fold, so to speak. Personally, I hated the idea of vampires on Port Charles, and I hate it on GH. But then, I don't agree with most of the storylines that the writers have been shoving down our throats for the past year or so. I was a faithful GH watcher for years and years but finally gave up, in exasperation, when Duke/Faison ripped off his mask --- at that moment I knew I needed a break from the insanity of GH and haven't watched since, but I HAVE been following along here on FORT, patiently waiting for the writers to come back to their senses and give us some GREAT stories again. I was kind of thinking they might be heading in that direction until 2 things happened: first, Jason left (maybe forever, this time), and second, this vampire nonsense. I guess I won't be watching the show again for a long time to come. And that makes me really sad cause I miss all the characters, the way you'd miss some old friends if you couldn't see them when you wanted to. . .
    The bold is exactly the way I felt when I stopped watching Days Of Our Lives regularly. Sometimes the writers or creators or whoever, come up with stories or directions for the characters that are so off-putting that you just have to, as you put it "break from the insanity". I grew up with these people & miss them.

DOOL is on at the same time as GH now & I've gotten attached to GH, so I just watch Days occasionally, when GH isn't on or when I get ticked off at GH. I keep up on FORT & a good Soap board.

If things keep going down the vampire path, Days may have me back again.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I'm watching a rerun of "How I Met Your Mother" and Sabrina is a random hot girl Ted picks up... and I mean HOT! I didn't think losing the glasses would really do that much, but her whole demeanor is different.
    Count your blessings!

well, at least it is a change from mob mob gangster mob. I don't think I have even seen Carly in a few days. but still, don't like it

And I still don't get how, if there really is a Caleb, why Kevin is either denying any of it ever happened or he was brainwashed into forgetting.

The joys of the DVR...though, I really don't like this vampire storyline, I haven't given up the show yet. I'm usually multi-tasking when GH is on, so I tend to tune in when it's a storyline I'm interested in.

When it gets to the point of to many dumb storylines, I will just record it and FF...the wonders of technology
    Katydyd and Imperfect1 like this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    The bold is exactly the way I felt when I stopped watching Days Of Our Lives regularly. Sometimes the writers or creators or whoever, come up with stories or directions for the characters that are so off-putting that you just have to, as you put it "break from the insanity". I grew up with these people & miss them.

DOOL is on at the same time as GH now & I've gotten attached to GH, so I just watch Days occasionally, when GH isn't on or when I get ticked off at GH. I keep up on FORT & a good Soap board.

Interesting that you should say that, Miss Scarlet. This might be the perfect time to go back to DOOL. Coincidentally, I just this minute posted the very same thing in the DOOL thread -- that I am LOVING the DOOL storylines right now, in fact I haven't enjoyed DOOL so much, in years! NO major crime stories, no crazy off-the-wall scenarios, no supernatural BS --- just good old old-fashioned 'people' stories. Even in spite of a couple of the characters' evil plotting, I am really enjoying all of the love and relationship stories, and the lack of the other stuff that I really hate about soap operas.

PS And if you DVR or TIVO one or both GH and DOOL, you can then actually watch both shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I'm watching a rerun of "How I Met Your Mother" and Sabrina is a random hot girl Ted picks up... and I mean HOT! I didn't think losing the glasses would really do that much, but her whole demeanor is different.
    I just looked up the actress's name (Teresa Castillo) to see what she looks like outside GH's Sabrina, & HOLY COW!!! You're right about her being HOT.
    Maybe part of it is the way she plays Sabrina, shy, meek, mousy, but it's amazing what a pair of glasses & ungroomed hair will do. Now I'm looking forward to her makeover.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Count your blessings!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Holy smokes! OK, I foresee Maxie rebelling against Britt just before the Nurses Ball and to make up for all she has done against Sabrina up until then, she pulls out the old makeover skills, and Voila! we get this Sabrina! But of course with still a somewhat shy attitude. Or maybe they get her drunk as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post

I quit watching Days when Marlena was involved in some kind of supernatural storyline and the make-up artist did a worst job than I could do trying to create a monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Interesting that you should say that, Miss Scarlet. This might be the perfect time to go back to DOOL. Coincidentally, I just this minute posted the very same thing in the DOOL thread -- that I am LOVING the DOOL storylines right now, in fact I haven't enjoyed DOOL so much, in years! NO major crime stories, no crazy off-the-wall scenarios, no supernatural BS --- just good old old-fashioned 'people' stories. Even in spite of a couple of the characters' evil plotting, I am really enjoying all of the love and relationship stories, and the lack of the other stuff that I really hate about soap operas.

PS And if you DVR or TIVO one or both GH and DOOL, you can then actually watch both shows.
    Hmmmm, maybe I'll try it out for a change. I don't get to watch GH everyday so I'm a bit behind and had not realized they had taken the vampire storyline seriously. Unfortunately, I don't have a DVR so I have to choose.

+ Reply to Thread