+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree889Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I'll put this in spoiler tags even though it's a guess, since it's about the spoiler:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Maybe the reason they're introducing the Caleb character is because of the possibility of losing the John McBain character to Prospect Park.
    They're creating a backup plan to keep the actor.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    If PP wants him, they'll get him. They're filming on the East coast and GH is in LA.

I enjoyed seeing Patrick take down Brit, although he was nicer than he should have been. She's horrid.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

What I'm curious about is how Maxie keeps Britt from spilling the beans to Lulu. Clearly she's about to at the end of today's show, AND SHE SHOULD, yet in the preview it seems like she's not going to. As Britt said earlier, Lulu is a patient as well...she can't NOT tell her what happened to her embryo.

I suppose Sabrina will now lie and say no, no, not interested in you, Patrick, just love your daughter... So we can drag this out for the big Nurses' Ball makeover.
    Speaking of which, they must be about out of people with money in that town who are not gangsters. Not sure who is left to tap. And will Lucy be legally free in time to go to the Ball? Or will she make a jail/mental hospital break in order to do it?

Hmm, the only way I see for the doubling of McBain/Caleb and Sam/Livie to help keep the actors on the show but not their characters is if GH gets Caleb/Livie and PP gets McBain/Sam. So if Jason ever comes back he'll wind up on PP. Serve the actor right! ) Not sure I want vampires on my new and improved GH. Maybe Lucy will stake them.
    Last edited by PWS; 02-01-2013 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Well, i think they wanted Lucy back for the Nurses' Ball---all part of this 50th anniversary of GH thing---and they already have John on the show, and they are trying to honor past history and even other defunct ABC soaps, so they can't just ignore everything that happened on the relatively brief run of Port Charles since it involved GH people....

And yeah, Rockytop Chick--sorry if I posted too soon for West Coast viewers--Alison is a goner. Oh, wait, you are in Memphis... guess I don't know if that is Central or Eastern time zone. Anyway, sorry! And thanks for the PC storyline. I have some more questions after today's show, but I'll wait on them!

I guess I'll wait a bit to post on today's show in general... just say, GO, Patrick! Give it to her! and let you try to figure that one out.
    Oh, it had already aired here....it was just still sitting on my DVR. I was disappointd that Alison didn't last longer, not that I knew about it before I saw it

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Arrgh...forgot to set the tape... So I'm assuming Britt did not tell Lulu about the baby (or otherwise the next 9 months of drama wouldn't happen!), but why not?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Arrgh...forgot to set the tape... So I'm assuming Britt did not tell Lulu about the baby (or otherwise the next 9 months of drama wouldn't happen!), but why not?
    She used it to blackmail Maxie to help her get rid of Sabrina.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Wow... she is really setting herself up to lose her job....

We can hope.
    Count your blessings!

Well today was quite a disappointment for me.
    I've been rolling with the story on the whole Lucy & vampire bit. I figured they'd play it off as Lucy being delusional & Caleb being just a bad guy she knew who looked like McBain. In her delusion, she exaggerated him as being a vampire. I was good with that. Maybe even a little fun.

Unfortunately, the end of today's show looks like I was wrong. They're going down the vampire route. Phooey! Just when I was really enjoying General Hospital.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I am not happy about this either. I didn't really care for the whole supernatural direction Port Charles took in the first place.

At the very beginning of the show, it was truly a spinoff of GH and there were characters who had scenes on both shows. It started out to be focued on the lives and families of a new batch of interns at GH. And it was pretty good for a half hour soap.

I wish they had just one with the whole OMG Lucy thinks McBain looks just like Caleb the vampire angle without Kevin denying that 3 years of the other show ever happened and without an actual vampire.

Booooo

Not sure how I feel about Frisco being back

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

With the tremendously huge popularity of vampire stories in movies and tv for the last five or ten years, it's no big surprise that the GH powers-that-be thought the GH viewers would love vampire stories as a part of GH too. And coincidentally, they had a wealth of 'vampire history' in their own backyard with their own 'Port Charles' spin off and the former GH characters. So, it probably was just a matter of time before someone got the 'brilliant' idea of bringing vampires back into the fold, so to speak. Personally, I hated the idea of vampires on Port Charles, and I hate it on GH. But then, I don't agree with most of the storylines that the writers have been shoving down our throats for the past year or so. I was a faithful GH watcher for years and years but finally gave up, in exasperation, when Duke/Faison ripped off his mask --- at that moment I knew I needed a break from the insanity of GH and haven't watched since, but I HAVE been following along here on FORT, patiently waiting for the writers to come back to their senses and give us some GREAT stories again. I was kind of thinking they might be heading in that direction until 2 things happened: first, Jason left (maybe forever, this time), and second, this vampire nonsense. I guess I won't be watching the show again for a long time to come. And that makes me really sad cause I miss all the characters, the way you'd miss some old friends if you couldn't see them when you wanted to. . .

+ Reply to Thread