+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree889Likes

Thread: General Hospital

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: General Hospital

Yeah...those who did see Port Charles could really do the rest of us a favor. I taped yesterday, but got home in time to turn on the last 10 minutes or so, and there are two complete strangers on my TV (Allison and Rafe). My first thought was I'd set the TV to the wrong channel! Then I recognize the PC dock scenery...what the heck?
    So was Allison another slayer?
    If they make Lucy a complete nutcase how did she found her cosmetics company, which apparently did well for a while if our lunatic in chief used her products.
    Oh man, I was so pleased with how GH has been going, good plots and all, and happy to see Lucy return. I watched PC for a very brief period in part because I liked the Lucy character, but quit when it went all vampiry. I admit in part because I never found John very sexy or attractive so his great power escaped me.

To change the topic... I hope Sabrina and Felix have cashed that check from Tracy....she could be close to broke soon, or the company could if it was a company donation.

I'm wondering if some of what we are seeing has to do with Prospect Park's "owning" the characters of Todd, Starr, and McBain. They can't make the actors work on PP but they can I think make the characters leave GH. Or else they would be living double lives, online vs. on TV.

I wish I knew where they were taking this. to help out the non Port Charles watchers, Livvie was Kevin's daughter, Alison was her best friend, but Livvie was seduced by Caleb the Vampire. And I think he turned her into one, but I cannot remember. But there is Kevin yesterday saying he doesn't have a daughter named Livvie and so I thought this was just a kooky Lucy Coe thing. But now Alison is there. Alison was in love with Rafe and I think he was something like an angel or something supernatural, but good, not evil. So Caleb and Rafe were enemies. And now Alison is calling McBain "caleb" so either they are going to have 2 characters with delusions about vampires or they are bringing that whole storyline back. I hate this!!

I sooooo do not like all this vampire stuff. I don't know these characters (except Kevin and Lucy from long ago).
    When did Sonny start coloring his hair with black shoe polish? It looks ridiculous. I had been admiring how natural his going gray was.
    Count your blessings!

Hopefully Patrick has finally caught on to Brit! Loved the scene today where he overheard Brit talking to Sabrina.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I was reading one of the soap mags today and they were discussing how they were handling the PC vs. GH realities. There was just a HINT in there, almost inadvertent, that the way it is going to go is
    Click to see Spoiler:
    that there IS a Caleb and he looks like John McBain. That is, that the actor will have to play both characters. I assume some of the other actors may be doubling as well, we'll see--if I interpreted the story correctly.

Wow, Alison didn't get much screen time....

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I was reading one of the soap mags today and they were discussing how they were handling the PC vs. GH realities. There was just a HINT in there, almost inadvertent, that the way it is going to go is
    Click to see Spoiler:
    that there IS a Caleb and he looks like John McBain. That is, that the actor will have to play both characters. I assume some of the other actors may be doubling as well, we'll see--if I interpreted the story correctly.

Wow, Alison didn't get much screen time....

I think I could wrap my head around that, but I wouldn't like it. the piece I still don't undestand is
    Click to see Spoiler:
    if there is a Caleb, then there must be a Livvie. and Kevin is saying there is no Livvie and he has no daughter named Livvie

I am watching today's episode now and hoping the last part of your post doesn't mean they killed off Alison allredy

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    I think I could wrap my head around that, but I wouldn't like it. the piece I still don't undestand is
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I was reading one of the soap mags today and they were discussing how they were handling the PC vs. GH realities. There was just a HINT in there, almost inadvertent, that the way it is going to go is that there IS a Caleb and he looks like John McBain. That is, that the actor will have to play both characters. I assume some of the other actors may be doubling as well, we'll see--if I interpreted the story correctly.

Click to see Spoiler:
    To me it would seem that it's pretty easy to solve the Livvie problem. if Michael Easton, who was Caleb on PC, can play a double role [John/Caleb] on GH, than Kelly Monaco who WAS Livvie on PC, can also play a double role [Sam/Livvie] on GH. By the way, isn't it interestingly coincidental that both Michael Easton and Kelly Monaco were both on PC as Caleb and Livvie, and now they're both on GH where those same PC characters (along with the characters of Lucy, Kevin, et al) are being reprieved.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, i think they wanted Lucy back for the Nurses' Ball---all part of this 50th anniversary of GH thing---and they already have John on the show, and they are trying to honor past history and even other defunct ABC soaps, so they can't just ignore everything that happened on the relatively brief run of Port Charles since it involved GH people....

And yeah, Rockytop Chick--sorry if I posted too soon for West Coast viewers--Alison is a goner. Oh, wait, you are in Memphis... guess I don't know if that is Central or Eastern time zone. Anyway, sorry! And thanks for the PC storyline. I have some more questions after today's show, but I'll wait on them!

I guess I'll wait a bit to post on today's show in general... just say, GO, Patrick! Give it to her! and let you try to figure that one out.

I saw the second half of the show and enjoyed most of what I saw. The new boy fingering McBane must mean his blood sucking double is in town. I never saw Port Charles, so have no idea what all that is about, but did enjoy Patrick's take down and Maxie squirming. I'm glad Michael is getting know his real dad.
    Count your blessings!

I'll put this in spoiler tags even though it's a guess, since it's about the spoiler:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Maybe the reason they're introducing the Caleb character is because of the possibility of losing the John McBain character to Prospect Park.
    They're creating a backup plan to keep the actor.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread