+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree886Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Oh that is great news!!!!! Do we have an air date and any idea if this person will actually be staying (oh please!!) or just dropping by?

As far as the AMC and OLTL news (yay again!) I don't think it should make any difference to GH or the actors playing Todd, Starr and McBain. They all signed long term contracts. Prospect Park can't just override that. If so, that would also mean Jacob Young would have to leave B&B (I think that's where he is now), and that just doesn't make sense. PP may have the rights to the characters, but not the actors. If that's the case, I suppose theoretically they could recast and then there would be two Todds in alternate universes....but I can't see them doing that I just hope OLTL gets TSJ and FL to sign on so they can proceed with that story line!! I want Tea to find out that Victor is alive...that would have a big impact on Todd in GH land if they decide to play it...which my bet is they would. I'd like to think that PP will keep the synergy between the shows...it works so well and is such a nice shout out to the fans that watch (or have watched) all 3 shows.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Okay, all of these returns are starting to make me nervous. Please let this not just be TPTB trying to send the show out on a super high note for longtime fans

One more coming back!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    Oh that is great news!!!!! Do we have an air date and any idea if this person will actually be staying (oh please!!) or just dropping by?

As far as the AMC and OLTL news (yay again!) I don't think it should make any difference to GH or the actors playing Todd, Starr and McBain. They all signed long term contracts. Prospect Park can't just override that. If so, that would also mean Jacob Young would have to leave B&B (I think that's where he is now), and that just doesn't make sense. PP may have the rights to the characters, but not the actors. If that's the case, I suppose theoretically they could recast and then there would be two Todds in alternate universes....but I can't see them doing that I just hope OLTL gets TSJ and FL to sign on so they can proceed with that story line!! I want Tea to find out that Victor is alive...that would have a big impact on Todd in GH land if they decide to play it...which my bet is they would. I'd like to think that PP will keep the synergy between the shows...it works so well and is such a nice shout out to the fans that watch (or have watched) all 3 shows.
    Sorry for the double post.

This is the article I read about the PP/ABC licensing issue: Could AMC, OLTL's return harm General Hospital? | General Hospital @ soapcentral.com

It looks like PP allowed ABC to use the OLTL characters, but still holds the license to those characters. Contracts don't mean a thing. The studio/show can fire an actor at any time. The contract is more to ensure that the actor is attached to the show. If past dismissals are any indication, actors can be released from their contract whenever the show wants. IIRC, soaps use a 13-week cycle - they can be let go after any 13 week interval, contract or not.

All that being said, I hope they at least keep Todd on GH. He's the one I care about. Starr can go back to OLTL and be with her mother and I don't care if John leaves. I'd miss Todd.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Okay, all of these returns are starting to make me nervous. Please let this not just be TPTB trying to send the show out on a super high note for longtime fans

One more coming back!
    That spoiler makes sense given that that person's partner in the past is there.

The Jan. 14-20 issue of TV Guide is giving a heads up to former fans of "Port Charles" to be sure and not miss GH on Monday, January 14 for some "wicked fun" and a kick off to a "mystery story." I won't disclose any more here.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    This is the article I read about the PP/ABC licensing issue:

Could AMC, OLTL's return harm General Hospital? | General Hospital @ soapcentral.com

It looks like PP allowed ABC to use the OLTL characters, but still holds the license to those characters. Contracts don't mean a thing. The studio/show can fire an actor at any time. The contract is more to ensure that the actor is attached to the show. If past dismissals are any indication, actors can be released from their contract whenever the show wants. IIRC, soaps use a 13-week cycle - they can be let go after any 13 week interval, contract or not.
    Oh no!! That would be awful Todd and Carly are pretty much my favorite "couple" right now...and I'm trying really hard not to figure out what that says about me that I think two such broken, really wrong people are so very good together I like Starr on GH too. I would think ABC and GH would have enough pull to work something out with PP....at least I would hope so. I mean, ABC could certainly refuse to release any of the OLTL folks from their GH contracts, which would mean PP would have to recast, and I wonder if they'd rather do that and stir up all that controversy before anything is really up and running. And from what I've been reading, GH has what could be a very creative way to keep Michael Easton around anyway.....which is a whole other spoiler that I'm really not sure how I feel about
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

Did Spinelli ever find out Ellie was in the hospital? That she had been on her way to meet him? Did Maxi do Spinelli knowing that Ellie had planned on meeting with him? Does Spinelli remember doing Maxie? Can you get pregnant the same day you have a miscarriage?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Did Spinelli ever find out Ellie was in the hospital? That she had been on her way to meet him? Did Maxi do Spinelli knowing that Ellie had planned on meeting with him? Does Spinelli remember doing Maxie? Can you get pregnant the same day you have a miscarriage?
    Even if you couldn't, its a soap she will get pregnant.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Even if you couldn't, its a soap she will get pregnant.
    Let's see...Yup, Maxi will get pregnant and not tell anyone the baby is Spinelli's - especially now that he's never going to leave poor paralyzed Ellie. Ellie will stay paralyzed...until she eventually realizes that Spinelli does love Maxi and is staying with her because he's a stand-up guy. At which point Ellie will magically regain use of her legs, and do a complete personality about face and fake still being paralyzed all to keep hold of Spinelli. Does that sound about right?
    Miss Scarlet likes this.
    Desiderata

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    Let's see...Yup, Maxi will get pregnant and not tell anyone the baby is Spinelli's - especially now that he's never going to leave poor paralyzed Ellie. Ellie will stay paralyzed...until she eventually realizes that Spinelli does love Maxi and is staying with her because he's a stand-up guy. At which point Ellie will magically regain use of her legs, and do a complete personality about face and fake still being paralyzed all to keep hold of Spinelli. Does that sound about right?
    Yes that does sound about right!
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread