+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree855Likes

Thread: General Hospital

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: General Hospital

Thanks.... I've been watching the coverage all afternoon off and on... So so sad. It just gets worse and worse as more news comes in. No happy endings here.
    Well, I'm off the GH topic... I hope they just run Friday's episode Monday even if that messes with their weekend cliffhanger plans.

Anyone else notice that Robert Scorpio's face is extremely crooked? I wondered if the actor had a stroke in the past.
    Does anyone know?
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I don't think Tristan has had a stroke. His face has always been asymmetrical - I think it's just become more pronounced as he's gotten older.

According to the official site, today's episode will air on Monday
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I don't think Tristan has had a stroke. His face has always been asymmetrical - I think it's just become more pronounced as he's gotten older.

According to the official site, today's episode will air on Monday
    Thank you for the information. I like the character & am glad the actor hasn't had problems.
    As to the second part of your post:
    I always feel guilty wondering about TV shows when a tragedy happens. It just seems so petty & uncaring. I do care & feel for all of those affected & those who will fear for their own children now, but things like regular TV shows keep our lives normal feeling. Normalicy is important in the wake of tragedy.
    PWS likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Very well put, Miss Scarlett--and thanks for the info, Critical. I've had the TV running in the background all night as well, and for an hour or so there was some TV show on involving Christmas songs and assorted famous singers...it made a really restorative hour in the midst of this awfulness.
    I agree Scorpio always had a quirky look, slightly skewed....sort of fits with the accent somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I agree Scorpio always had a quirky look, slightly skewed....sort of fits with the accent somehow.
    yes he has and it makes him more endearing to me.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

So Meredith Viera is Lucy's assistant AND she worked for Renee at her brothel? Excellent. I love those little nods to other show's history.

Now that Lucy's back and they've mentioned David Vickers, I can't stop imagining a showdown between the two of them at the nurses' ball where one or both of them end up in their skivvies!

I'll be really angry if Robert is dead. I need at least a little bit of Scorpio family happiness before Robert heads off on another of his adventures!
    PWS likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

So Meredith Viera is Lucy's assistant AND she worked for Renee at her brothel? Excellent. I love those little nods to other show's history.

Now that Lucy's back and they've mentioned David Vickers, I can't stop imagining a showdown between the two of them at the nurses' ball where one or both of them end up in their skivvies!

I'll be really angry if Robert is dead. I need at least a little bit of Scorpio family happiness before Robert heads off on another of his adventures!

I read an article the other day that claimed that Soap ratings are on the rise, revenge of the soap watchers.
    Miss Scarlet likes this.

I'm finding this What Will Happen With The Nurses' Ball & Will It Happen storyline much more interesting that I thought it would be. I'm enjoying Sabrina & her efforts. I hope that somehow Lucy is able to step up. I would love it if Todd were somehow involved too, to show he does have a heart.

+ Reply to Thread