+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree930Likes

Thread: General Hospital

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: General Hospital

Love it! Are they actually going to bring Tomas/Lorenzo/Luis on? Maybe he'll just head for the border thanks to Skye's little warning. That'll save them some money. They really seem to be merging OLTL and GH... Any second Bo will come in to consult on the police legality side.

While all this is great for long time viewers of both shows, I do feel a bit for newer viewers of GH! At least they are giving the young 'uns a lot to do with the pregnancy line and Maxie's love life.

I always vastly preferred OLTL & only watched GH occasionally, enough to roughly know the characters & storylines. The OLTL'ers are what brought me to watching GH regularly.
    I love Todd & think he adds a lot to GH. Starr fits in well with the young members too. McBain not so much.
    But now that I've become much more familiar with the original GH'ers, I don't want OLTL to move in & take over any more stories. Blair especially. Todd is way better off without her.

Bo, Clint, Blair, even my beloved Vicki, need to just stay away & live their Llanview lives offscreen. That's what I always picture them doing.

GH is doing fine without them.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Agreed, MS. I've enjoyed the few OLTL cast members who've been made regulars (although I've never been much of a John McBain fan), but I'd prefer it is Kassie DePaiva stayed away. I'm happy with Todd and Starr. I'd love to see David Vickers come to town, but I think Tuc Watkins probably has other things going on. I don't know that there's really a place on GH for David, I just miss him.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yeah, I agree, love him, but he was always more with Vicky and Dorian than Blair and Todd.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I always vastly preferred OLTL & only watched GH occasionally, enough to roughly know the characters & storylines. The OLTL'ers are what brought me to watching GH regularly.
    I love Todd & think he adds a lot to GH. Starr fits in well with the young members too. McBain not so much.
    But now that I've become much more familiar with the original GH'ers, I don't want OLTL to move in & take over any more stories. Blair especially. Todd is way better off without her.

Bo, Clint, Blair, even my beloved Vicki, need to just stay away & live their Llanview lives offscreen. That's what I always picture them doing.

GH is doing fine without them.
    I agree Tood is better off without Blair, but I kind of like the idea of a Blair/Carly/Todd triangle. I do really like Todd with Carly, though. When, oh when is Anna ever going to figure out Faison? I wish Scorpio would just tell her!
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I realize Robert knows Anna would think he was nuts to suggest that Duke is Faison, but at least the thought might help keep her out of Faison's bed....

Wow, you know, I didn't ever mind Blair on OLTL, but I REALLY do not like her on GH. She needs to go away immediately. Todd's way too sexy and funny for a bore like Blair. I much prefer him with Carly. Their chemistry makes their banter so fun to watch.

I love that Anna is the chief of police and a former spy and she can't suss out a friggin' fake rubber mask.

At what point is Maxie going to get cold feet (cold uterus?) over this surrogate thing?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

The preview for tomorrow shows Maxie and Lulu both being all hormonal from their shots... Way faster than this would happen in real life, but hey, at least the topic is being discussed.

I was reading a SOD article interviewing "Blair" about what's going on. The actress said, each time they show Todd and Blair together it chips away at the Todd/Blair relationship/mystique and destroys it a bit. She was sad about that but realized it was necessary for Todd to move forward on GH. I didn't get what she meant until this week's shows...when they were together earlier on GH, when Todd proposed, I thought it was touching and you could see both the chemistry and the reason why Blair wasn't willing to go there again. Now Blair is being dumb and witchy...making it easier for Todd to move away from her. Or as Starr said to Todd about Molly's book to realize that some relationships are just not good for you no matter how much you love the person.

Love that no one asked that CIA guy for his credentials... seemed like someone Tomas et al. could have hired to cover for him while he headed for the hills thanks to Skye's getting on the phone.
    Katydyd likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Love that no one asked that CIA guy for his credentials... seemed like someone Tomas et al. could have hired to cover for him while he headed for the hills thanks to Skye's getting on the phone.
    Kind of like the rubber mask. Otherwise intellegent people on soaps are dumb as a rock to further the storyline.
    It reminds me of the Llanview Hospital situation, with baby switches, kidnappings, multiple record switches, murders, & all sorts of unauthorized people (including teens) wandering around willy-nilly going through records & creating all sorts of havoc.

Reality just goes out the window with the writers.
    libgirl2 and Imperfect1 like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I was yelling at Anna yesterday!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread