+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree941Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

PWS, There was also a book written by one of the characters on As The World Turns. I think it did fairly well in the marketplace.

Critical,

The subject of Maxie's heart never came up. But the whole idea of her being a surrogate wasn't brought up until the end of the show, leaving Lulu slack jawed with no response.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yet another reason Maxie and Spinelli aren't a good match I'd guess... she doesn't want kids, that is, doesn't want to raise them. He always seems interested in them when they are around.

No mention of Maxie's heart today, but Lulu turned her down and Maxie was very hurt. Basically Lulu thought she was just making an impulsive offer, wouldn't be able to stand gaining weight, etc. I'm sure she'll wind up doing it in the end...maybe designing a line of hip maternity clothes as a result. And the whole experience will change her attitude towards kids and make her less self centered.

Gut, was it you who raised the smoking issue first? Anna finally noticed the tobacco smell today, and Robert found one of Faison's signature cigarillos on the docks. Duke/Faison said he picked up the habit in Turkey and was trying to quit.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Yet another reason Maxie and Spinelli aren't a good match I'd guess... she doesn't want kids, that is, doesn't want to raise them. He always seems interested in them when they are around.

No mention of Maxie's heart today, but Lulu turned her down and Maxie was very hurt. Basically Lulu thought she was just making an impulsive offer, wouldn't be able to stand gaining weight, etc. I'm sure she'll wind up doing it in the end...maybe designing a line of hip maternity clothes as a result. And the whole experience will change her attitude towards kids and make her less self centered.

Gut, was it you who raised the smoking issue first? Anna finally noticed the tobacco smell today, and Robert found one of Faison's signature cigarillos on the docks. Duke/Faison said he picked up the habit in Turkey and was trying to quit.
    I hope so much they don't put Spinelli & Maxie back together, although I have a feeling that's where they're going.
    I've always disliked the way she treated him. Like she looked her nose down on him. And sleeping with other guys, . Not something a person who cares for you does, much less loves you. She just treats him like a doormat without any regard for his feelings.

On the other hand, I absolutely love him & Ellie together. They treat each other like equals with respect & they actually enjoy each other. But I have a feeling she's a short timer for sure. Just a temporary roadblock for Maxie.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I was very glad to see Ellie get clued in to Maxie and Spinelli's RECENT past finally. She's hurt, but maybe this will wake Spinelli up.
    Maxie--how dare you go in my room. Ellie--I was looking for the hairbrush you borrowed and didn't give back! Jeepers, who borrows a hairbrush, AT HOME, and then doesn't give it back. More Maxie self centeredness.

So first JR tells Michael that Sonny forces people who stand up to him to go along, and then he walks in on Sonny and a tied up Connie. Where does Sonny get a shrink to go along with this anyway? I can see that mobs need doctors on their payroll, but shrinks?

So does Sonny really want EITHER Kate or Connie back now?

Is Blair's husband to be a double bad guy? Someone who knows recent OLTL and GH history please fill in those of us who missed a year or two! I hope there is not a shoot out at the wedding taking out Blair to free up Todd for a new romance. Maybe Molly's book will wise him up!

Between the time slot change and too many episodes missed over Thanksgiving, I'm choosing to back off for a while, but I'm trying to stay current here. Thanks for posting! The rubber face that fools Anna storyline insults my intelligence and involves too many characters I'm not familiar with = I don't care about. I'm sure I'll return when/if Robin/Jason return. Any Robin sightings lately?
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Between the time slot change and too many episodes missed over Thanksgiving, I'm choosing to back off for a while, but I'm trying to stay current here. Thanks for posting! The rubber face that fools Anna storyline insults my intelligence and involves too many characters I'm not familiar with = I don't care about. I'm sure I'll return when/if Robin/Jason return. Any Robin sightings lately?
    Gut, you took the words right out of my mouth!!! After umpteen years of faithfully watcing GH, I finally had enough too, when Faison pulled off the Duke rubber mask. That was just so insanely ridiculous that, with all of the other crazy storylines --- I just couldn't watch any more. BUT I am still following along here on FORT and I so appreciate all the folks who post what's going on --- and their feelings about it all. I also take a peek at my tv calendar 'description' of the daily GH episodes --- but that's all I can take for right now. I needed a break too, and now that I haven't watched for a couple of weeks, I really notice how tense I used to get everytime something happened on the show that just made me cringe.

I'm still watching. I love all the silliness and over-the-top stuff. It's like the old days. Remember when Luke and Laura stopped Mikkos Cassadine from freezing the world? Excellent.

I'm thrilled to see Skye and AJ back in town and actually squealed over Ned! I've been watching this show for about 35 years, so there's hardly a character they could bring back that would be before my time! ......and that just made me feel really old!

I enjoyed Starr messing with Todd today and had to laugh at Molly writing a novel. Considering her obsession with classic romance novels, I can only imagine what that book would be like. She's precocious, but the idea of her writing a great novel is hilarious.

I'm SO bummed that I missed last Wednesday's episode. There are usually 4 episodes available online at any one time and, because Thursday was a repeat, an OLD episode is one of them. Normally, I don't care, but since it was the second day of Edward's death, I really wanted to see it. Poo.
    Katydyd likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Critical I'm completely with you on this one! I'm about a 35 year vet too....clearly some of us just started watching as wee tots I love all these old characters they're bringing back And it's a soap, I expect over the top! Whether it's Casey from the planet Lumina, Erica Kane scaring off a bear with sheer attitude, or Tina Lord going over the Iguaza Falls and living to deliver a healthy baby...I'm in! If the acting and writing is decent, and the story is interesting enough to hold my attention, I'll go along for the ride. I just want to be entertained by pure escapist fantasy involving characters that I've grown to care about. Like I said upthread, it's the small unrealistic touches that irk me - like the smoking. But hey, that's been addressed, so let's see how much longer Faison can get away with his unbelievable rubber mask
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I mean the mask ends at his neck--if he ever gets her in bed is she not going to notice the seam??? What is he thinking to keep trying to seduce her?

I loved Casey! And then they brought the actor back as a human, but it wasn't the same. Maybe Casey can drop in from Lumina and save Robin, whenever the actress gets enough of her directing thing.

Re Robin sightings...recently only when she phoned home briefly and got Emma on the phone, and Patrick didn't believe Emma. My guess is she comes in for a day of taping once a month or so and they spread the bits out over a month. She rarely interacts with anyone but that woman doctor, a couple of extras for "security", or Faison/Duke, so they could do a lot of scenes with just a couple of other actors called in. They wouldn't need Emma/Patrick there for the phone call scene.

I loved Spinelli and Ellie yesterday, with her asking ALL the right questions about his feelings about Maxie, and Spinelli making it very clear to Ellie how happy she makes him, that he can be himself and not feel like a dork with her (he didn't say, but how nice it must be not to have to translate and dumb down everything for Maxie--not that she's totally stupid, but she's very uneducated except about fashion, etc.). Of course that doesn't mean he doesn't have an itch for Maxie still, but he even dealt with that, saying he'd always care about her, but being with Ellie is totally different, and he's so glad he had moved on from Maxie before he met Ellie. I hope the writers really mean it.
    I think Maxie is going to be the world's highest maintainance surrogate ever...

ALso, was glad that they took some time to explain the Tomas double life thing ... I missed all of his appearances on both shows. One thing I don't get though.. if Blair knows he did those things AS TOMAS to Todd, why is she marrying him?
    Last edited by PWS; 11-30-2012 at 01:03 PM.

Here's my thing with Tomas - how can he possibly be Lorenzo when we know Lorenzo had a twin brother Luis? I mean, I think it would be kinda cool if TPTB somehow kept a tease of the possibility out there, but I'm not sure how they could I mean, obviously Tea would know if she had two brothers! So, is "Tomas" not the real Tomas and therefor not really Tea's brother, but really is Alcazar and he just took Tomas' identity? Or, was " Lorenzo Alcazar" actually Tomas the whole time, and there never was a "Luis"? Maybe Tomas/Lorenzo/Luis are all the same person, and Alexis didn't really kill anyone when she pushed him off the building, or stabbed him or whatever? Or hey - easy solution! Tea really did have twin brothers, but she never knew it because they were separated at birth and her parents kept it secret. Then, somehow Tomas discovered his twin, who had been raised by a crazy rich arms dealer. Tomas decided to turn to a life of crime and teamed up with his brother and took on the identity of Lorenzo Alcazar. When being "Lorenzo" became too much of a liability, he decided to go back to his old life as Tomas. Makes perfect sense in soap land
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

+ Reply to Thread