+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree930Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Well, we knew it was coming, but I'm still a mess. Goodbye, Edward Quartermaine
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

That was kind of a sad episode, but it was handled well.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree, well handled since he couldn't be there for his death scene...glad they didn't have someone else "fill in" for those last scenes. Really teared up at the end... nice bit with the baby holding his finger. And last word...Lila... Sniff.

Okay, I wept at the end of today's episode.... I just knew who's hand he was going to take. What an emotional fairwell.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

That was indeed a sad ending.

What a great sendoff for Edward/John. I missed yesterday's show, so I'm glad for today's. It was wonderful seeing him go off with Lila at the end.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I haven't been able to watch GH in several years, but I caught the end of today's episode. I grew up with the original Edward, whom I loved to despise, but fell instantly in love with John Ingle as Edward Quartermaine. He was such an endearing character, and John Ingle was so charismatic. I loved his interactions with the other characters, especially with Robin and Lila. His send off was so well done, and although the two bodies in the end were stand-ins, it was such a beautiful visual! RIP John Ingle
    Katydyd and tapper01 like this.

Was Tracy really left high & dry? Or is there something special about that jar? Inquiring minds are left to twist in the wind. But you had to know that whole thing with Maxie was headed our way. I wonder if Molly is going to name her book " Dude, that is so gross"! Ha!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I wonder if they will "publish" a book by "Molly" the way they did with "Castle's" books? You can actually buy Nikki Heat books.

So, patting back, I think I was the first to call Maxie as the surrogate. Talk about putting a strain on your friendship... imagine trying to control what Maxie does and tell her that she has to stay mellow! That drama queen staying calm? Yeah... And a bit odd after Maxie just made that remark about avoiding the stretch marks...don't think she's going to like that or some other physical change aspects. Plus do the surrogates also have to undergo hormone therapy to synch up with the ovulating mom? Maxie undergoing even more mood swings? Spinelli is well out of that firing range!

I vaguely remember the pickle-lila relish story...I know they had a company going for that for a while, but I forget who ran it and what happened to it. Is this meant as a reminder to Tracy to pick up on that? Or that she failed at running that company? Or just as a reminder of Lila? Anyone recall? It was from a time when I didn't watch much.

Pickle Lila was run by Lila and Felicia, IIRC.

So, apparently, no one is concerned about Maxie's heart and her ability to carry a baby. I mean, maybe she's all fine to be pregnant, but did no one even bring up the subject? I missed today's episode, so maybe they did.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread