+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree855Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    at Tracy bursting through the French doors armed with an oar! Way to go, Trace!
    I love Tracy. Especially in her scenes with Luke. I like their honest relationship.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    OK, I have to say it. Between these crazy antics of Tracy, Alice, and Monica, and Faison pulling off his 'Duke' mask, and crazy Connie running amok, not to mention crazy Heather Webber --- not to mention all of the other evil, idiotic, or just distasteful storylines that have currently taken over GH, the show has just jumped the shark for me. After years and years of being a devoted GH fan, I've been hanging on with GH through so many storylines that have made me cringe --- but right now, this combination of storylines just wears me out. I give up. So, I'll be following along here at FORT, but I won't be watching for a good long while. . . maybe 6 months or so -- hopefully by then, most of these storylines will have run their course.
    Back before the mafia invaded, GH was full of humor and slapstick and over-the-top silliness. I've missed it. I'll take this iteration of GH over that uber-serious mob crap any day.
    Miss Scarlet likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Back before the mafia invaded, GH was full of humor and slapstick and over-the-top silliness. I've missed it. I'll take this iteration of GH over that uber-serious mob crap any day.
    I don't mind some of the mob stuff, but one of the reasons I stopped watching GH was that there was TOO much of it. I have started watching recently (as a Todd fan) and love what is going on.
    angelic_one2002 likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I missed the first half of the show due to Obama's press conference. What was Samantha drinking? A Long Island iced tea?

I'm going to be very upset with Spinelli if he hurts Ellie, and if he's even tempted by stupid Maxi. I know, the heart wants what the heart wants, but surely after spending time and a night with Ellie he can realize the difference between his crush on Maxie and a real relationship with an equally nice and intelligent human being? Maxie is still childishly selfish. Now that she wants Spinelli to be her boring but safe and reliable Max guy (and I can just see her selling her "revelation" just that way to Spinelli!), she still doesn't seem to care about his feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I don't mind some of the mob stuff, but one of the reasons I stopped watching GH was that there was TOO much of it. I have started watching recently (as a Todd fan) and love what is going on.
    That was my beef with the mob stuff. Under Bob Guza, it just took over the show. I grew up watching this show and it was always about the people of the town, most of whom worked (or had family who worked) at the hospital. All Sonny does is PUT people in the hospital. I really liked Maurice Benard on AMC, but I don't like him as Sonny and, frankly, I don't think he's a very good actor. The muttering/stuttering thing drives me crazy.

As happy as I am to have Kirsten Storms back, I'd prefer that Maxie got herself a new love interest instead of toying with Spinelli. Does ANYONE believe she wouldn't eventually get bored with him again if he did throw over Ellie for Maxie?

I'll bet Robin gets back to town right after Patrick finally sleeps with that bitchy doctor.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

That would be too easy a return for Robin---how about Patrick finally realizes that Samantha is much nicer and hooks up with her---that would be a much more painful choice. I still think Patrick would choose Robin, but I can see something where Robin sees how he has found a new nice mom for Emma and they are happy so she leaves without revealing herself because she's having another health crisis (I hope she's getting all her AIDS meds in Switzerland!). This is assuming that the actress still wants to spend most of her time directing, as she said when she left.

I totally agree, Maxie would get bored with Spinelli once there was no "challenge". She's not as mature as her mom is, finally.

I am loving GH these days, but I just realized how strange it is what I'm willing to suspend disbelief for and just go along with for storyline purposes. Duke and Faison both back from the dead? Absolutely! Faison having a voice and mannerisms coach so he can mimic Duke? Of course! A rubber mask with fake hair that pulls off and goes back on in record time that is so realistic no one can even feel the difference? Sure, why not! But Faison being a smoker, and Duke is not, and nobody notices the cigarette/cigar smoke stink all over him? Now that's completely unbelievable!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Excellent point! Smoker's breath is just awful to a non-smoker, or at the least certainly noticeable! Especially odd since they are making a point of his smoking and that it's not even cigarettes but those cigarillo things that smell even more.
    Last edited by PWS; 11-17-2012 at 09:06 PM.

I thought I was the only one who thought that about the smoking.
    Apparantly in Soapland cigarrettes don't have a smell.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

And the room will reek of it... Unless he only smokes outside? He swiftly scooped his ciggies behind a sofa pillow there...now if he tries to pin Anna to the sofa and she finds them? Will Robert call in time? Will Spinnelli spurn Maxie? Tune in next week...

+ Reply to Thread