+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree890Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: General Hospital

At first I thought Duke Lavery could be a terrific mate for Anna --- charming, hansomely debonair, and with a bit of a bad-boy edge BUT I am now soooooo disappointed in the evil monster that GH has turned Duke into. Cause that's just what GH needs, another villain (NOT!!!). I can't even look at Duke any more, and am just fast forwarding through his scenes now.

And what's also too bad is GH turning Joe Scully so pathetically evil and killing him off. Sure he's a baddie, but he could've had a great storyline with the possibility of redemtion between his love for his son and his deep affection for Tracy. After all, he did give her his only bottle of antidote.

And really, killing off Bernie???? That was just so sad and unnecessary. . .

PWS, has it been confirmed? If so, please PM me where I can find out for sure...I'm a sucker for spoilers Otherwise, in answer to your question, both audience and PC residents believe: Yes.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Nope, not confirmed... although Monica's behavior today certainly pointed in that direction. At least that's how I interpret "Jason is NOT your father!" and all the old family pictures being shown... and the phone call.

What was Elizabeth crumpling up and tossing into the water at the docks? Is Todd going to give those paternity test results to Sam somehow? If I were him I'd sure get them out of my safe! After all, he could be rearrested at any moment and his place searched. He's living in a hotel...he has even less privacy expectation than he does at a real home.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    He played AJ before, so I can't imagine why they'd hire him to play Jason now. If he's coming back, I'd say it's to play AJ again.
    I must have waaay too much time on my hands, cause I've been thinking about possible storylines.

Like, all the clues that the handsome and sexy Sean Kanan is coming back as AJ (especially after Monica was looking through the Q's photo album showing pics of the original AJ (Sean Kanan) in it --- and while projecting some possible storylines, one really jumped out at me. Not only will there be a struggle for Michael to accept AJ as a real father figure --- but there is a real possibility of a love triangle for Carly. After all, she did have an affair with AJ once (and she loves her bad-guys!), so with her heart being so broken and vulnerable after the loss of Jason --- if AJ has reformed at all, she might possibly be open to a romance with him --- and of course Todd is now actively maneuvering to be next on Carly's list ---- and poor Johnnie I think is going to be out of the picture once it comes out that he not only murdered his father in cold blood, but was the one who (accidentally) killed Starr's baby and fiance.

And I've also been thinking about who the surrogate for Lulu might end up being ---- logically, it would be a woman who's already had children, doesn't mind being pregnant, but one who doesn't necessarily want to have (keep) more children. That could be someone like Lulu's cousin Carly, or even Felicia (who desperately needs a storyline). It wouldn't be one of the young women of the cast who haven't had children yet -- or Starr who just lost a child, or Maxi who has a morbid heart condition. But it could even be Olivia, (her mother-in-law who would probably do pretty much anything for her beloved son Dante), Olivia could be a really interesting choice, except for the whole LSD problem.

Imperfect1, I absolutely agree about all the story line possibilities if (when!) we find out it's AJ who's back. I was thinking the other day that with the current casting, Michael really does look like he could be the son of LW's Carly and SK's AJ! No way he's a recast Jason, first, because they left such a beautiful opening for when SB decides to come back, and second, because there was zero time to explain the face change. Not to mention Jason would be with Sam, not Monica, and would never make the comment about how he thought "they'd never leave." I hope AJ comes back as genuinely trying to reform. It's always been a struggle for him and I'd much rather watch him truly trying to prove himself than still so full of resentment and trying to get back at everyone. They've already ruined Duke (who I'd forgive for kidnapping Robin if there was a really good reason - like it actually saved her life somehow - but never for shooting Jason and callously kicking him into the river). I've pretty well decided it can't be the real Duke. Talk about complete character assassination! I'm OK with the idea someone else posted about him actually being Faison and he just got plastic surgery. That makes much more sense than this! Plus, Faison would be far more likely to have all the international connections (like the Swiss institution), motive, and wealth to carry out all that's happened - including the whole poisoning PC thing. If it really is Duke, they've got a LOT of splainin' to do!!

As for Lulu's baby, I still like the idea of Maxie being the surrogate, it would give the character such a chance to grow and do something totally selfless. Plus, the part about her heart could play into the whole storyline. After all, her condition is only as dangerous as the writers decide, and she obviously doesn't even have scars to show for it But that said, the idea of having Olivia do it makes a lot of sense - and would make for good story too! I don't think the LSD would factor into it too much. Biologically the child would still be Lulu and Dante's, and the LSD itself is all out of her system...unless of course somehow the baby ended up being psychic too
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    the idea of having Olivia do it makes a lot of sense - and would make for good story too! I don't think the LSD would factor into it too much. Biologically the child would still be Lulu and Dante's, and the LSD itself is all out of her system...unless of course somehow the baby ended up being psychic too
    This would be so typically soapy. The child's mother would be his/her grandma, and mother & father would be mother & son. Dad would be his/her brother & Mom would be his/her sister in law. Plus the child would be their own aunt/uncle.
    I love it! Soooooo soapy.
    Last edited by Miss Scarlet; 10-27-2012 at 05:04 PM.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

It's a good thing so many GH older moms were pregnant teens---now they are not too old to carry their own grandchildren!
    Well, we know it will end happily because psychic Olivia saw them happily holding their baby!

Probably going to lose power a lot of next week. Please if something exciting happens on GH post here--with details,not just OMG!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    This would be so typically soapy. The child's mother would be his/her grandma, and mother & father would be mother & son. Dad would be his/her brother & Mom would be his/her sister in law. Plus the child would be their own aunt/uncle.
    I love it! Soooooo soapy.
    Well, from what I understand about gestational carriers in the situation when the surrogate does not use her own eggs, that wouldn't actually be the case. So long as the egg and sperm are Lulu and Dante's, all of the other relationships remain normal. In other words, Olivia wouldn't be the baby's mother/grandmother --- and Dante wouldn't be the baby's father/brother. In real life I've now heard of a number of women who have carried babies for their children, and I have two friends whose sisters have carried babies for their sister. It's a new world, and a wonderful opportunity for people to have children, when they otherwise couldn't have been able to.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I think Miss Scarlet knows that Imperfect---she did mention the biological relation in another part of the post--I think she just meant the soap will play it up, and that it 's also somehow "soapy", the confusion of relationships--like those soaps where a man marries his daughter-in-law's sister so he's simultaneously his son's grandfather and uncle.
    I agree, it's a wonderful advance in medicine (even if the Pope disagrees), opening up the possibility of bio kids to a lot more women/couples.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Oh great... we actually still have power, but of course GH is preempted by reporters standing in water holding their hats... Enough already, we all know there's a storm, run comments under the bottom of GH! We need to be distracted, not told the 50th time to stay inside/evacuate depending on your location.

+ Reply to Thread