+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree751Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

He's owned property in Tennessee for many years and has wanted to move there with his family for a long time. Apparently, he's very good with his money and has done well investing, so he can afford to not work for a while and be with his wife and young kids. Also, I'm sure he's been offered other projects that he's been unable to take because of hiss GH contract. The soap schedule - especially as a lead actor - is pretty punishing. I can imagine that he just wants a break. Soaps don't pay all that well any more (as far as acting jobs go anyway). He could probably take a movie or two each year and make as much money (or more) than he makes on GH.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    He's owned property in Tennessee for many years and has wanted to move there with his family for a long time. Apparently, he's very good with his money and has done well investing, so he can afford to not work for a while and be with his wife and young kids. Also, I'm sure he's been offered other projects that he's been unable to take because of his GH contract.
    Yes, that's what I've heard Steve Burton say too. And interestingly, one of those projects he'll be working on involves he and JAMES FRANCO (!) teaming up to do some things together. Can't wait to see what they come up with, and I'm so glad they're good buds in real life. I'm always surprised when such convincing tv enemies are actually very friendly in real life.

PS I've also heard several members of the GH cast say that Robin Mattson (who plays Heather Webber) is a terrific woman too, in real life.

I can believe that about Robin. She always seems so full of joy with a twinkle in her eye.
    Count your blessings!

Heather Webber has always been a character I love to hate.lol
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, I was right, Duke pushed Jason in the drink and now he's missing along with his dragon or phoenix. One thing I noticed today that I missed yesterday was that it was Duke who shot Jason, not Joe Jr. who I thought had recovered enough to retrieve his gun.

What's with Lulu not being able to carry a child? Is there going to be some story with Maxie or someone being her uterus provider? I thought that doctor was incredibly slow in saying, but don't worry you can still have your own child even if you can't deliver it yourself.

Well, great way to make the viewers hate a formerly pretty-close-to-awesome romantic leading man! Who is this "nuDuke" and what did they do with old Duke? I mean sure, Duke always had an edge and was never squeaky clean, but this? The whole Robin story was bad enough but I figured there would be some rationale behind it. But cold bloodedly shooting Jason and then kicking him off the pier?? I mean, of course he's alive.....but we're not supposed to know that until Steve Burton decides he's ready to come back to GH! No way is that redeemable. Kind of like when Scully kidnapped Kristina and was going to shoot her - the writing was on the wall then. I'm watching the story, and it's interesting me, because there's a lot to play out here. Add to all the drama and story that will surround Jason's "death," all the character's who will be affected, Duke worming his weaselly self back into Anna's life, and Luke trying to prove he's not who he seems, is Scully and his "dying declaration" that Sonny shot him. Story for months! I'm just really bummed they've ruined Duke for me My only hope is that somehow he's not Duke, he is really Jonathan Paget and that whole story he told was true...except of course for who was who. Fingerprints are hard to fake, but hey, it's a soap!

One thought, and it's only a guess...
    Click to see Spoiler:
    there are teasers out that Monica makes a mysterious phone call after what happens to Jason. Maybe Sean Kanan is coming back as AJ and Monica knew he was alive but kept him hidden away somewhere because she was afraid of what Jason and Sonny might do, but with Jason gone, she'll think it's safe for him to come back. Maybe?
    And finally, PWS, I definitely like your idea about Maxie. I bet that's what they do!
    Last edited by Katydyd; 10-23-2012 at 03:11 PM.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yeah, I can't believe Joe Jr. did that... he doesn't want the person who REALLY killed him to get caught, he's still so hung up on his Sonny stole my life thing? For all he knew Sonny had an alibi... in fact I'm pretty sure Sonny DID have an alibi for the time of the shooting. He was with people when he heard about shots on the pier and got the call from Bernie. Surely Trey will pay some attention to that?

I agree, Duke is unredeemable now...so our only hope is he's not really Duke and faked the fingerprints somehow...maybe swiped the ones in the PC police files and put his in or something...the way Heather swipes paternity test results... Surely any master villian who'd gone to all this trouble to fake being Duke would think of that one. So who else has had a passion for Anna AND is a villian? Faison?

Katydyd--I like your spoiler---can you remind what caused
    Click to see Spoiler:
    AJ to leave town in the first place and what the source of discord was? The last time I saw AJ he was played by someone other than Sean K., so LONG ago!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Well, I was right, Duke pushed Jason in the drink and now he's missing along with his dragon or phoenix. One thing I noticed today that I missed yesterday was that it was Duke who shot Jason, not Joe Jr. who I thought had recovered enough to retrieve his gun.

What's with Lulu not being able to carry a child? Is there going to be some story with Maxie or someone being her uterus provider? I thought that doctor was incredibly slow in saying, but don't worry you can still have your own child even if you can't deliver it yourself.
    Would Maxie even be able to carry a child with her heart issues?

Not happy about the changes to Duke. Yes, he was always a "bad" guy, but he wasn't all that bad. I guess TPTB think they need to create more dramatic tension, but I still don't like it.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Katydyd--I like your spoiler---can you remind what caused
    Click to see Spoiler:
    AJ to leave town in the first place and what the source of discord was? The last time I saw AJ he was played by someone other than Sean K., so LONG ago!
    PWS, I re-read my spoiler and realized I was pretty unclear on one point. So, to anwser your question...

Click to see Spoiler:
    AJ didn't leave town, he was killed while in the hospital with a broken back. Originally, it looked like Michael was going to have been the killer, but it turned out to be Dr. Thomas. The last time AJ came back to GH, he kidnapped Michael and faked his death, planning to take him out of the country. He and Jason eventually had a confrontation in the Q mansion and that was how AJ ended up in the hospital. It turned out AJ had once hired Dr. Thomas to kill Jason, and AJ was blackmailing him...which is why Dr. Thomas killed him. AJ has resented Jason for awhile, with the fact that Jason helped raise his son a major factor. Hmmm. Actually, if my guess is right, I think I got a major point wrong: Monica knows AJ is alive because she hid him away somewhere...but it was to keep Jason safe, not AJ !
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

So, does the audience (at least those who don't read spoilers or Facebook!) believe
    Click to see Spoiler:
    that AJ is dead?

And I am willing to suspend SOME disbelief, but really...Sam goes in the pitch black water with maybe a flashlight or spotlight and finds a little tiny statue in the muck on the bottom?
    And where did she get the wetsuit? And Sonny doesn't stop her? At least when he went in the water it was right after, relatively, Jason went in. If Jason is down there near the dock and was snagged underwater he is dead--no way Sam can help him. Otherwise they already said he or his body should be 4 or 5 miles away.

What was with Ellie being all into the muscles? Is this to show us that she is NOT perfect for Spinelli? I'm sorry, but she's much better for him than a brainless twit like Maxie...who sometimes means well but mostly is incredibly self centered. Sorry Maxie fans...I'm sure she has redeeming qualities, but I've only seen her the past year or so and she's been awful.

She had a heart transplant, right? Is she taking immunosuppresant drugs? That would make her an unlikely candidate to be a surrrogate mom even if her new heart was up to it, I would think. I don't know..do women on those drugs get pregnant safely?
    Last edited by PWS; 10-24-2012 at 01:15 AM.

+ Reply to Thread