+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1046Likes

Thread: General Hospital

  1. #2611
    Yes we Did! - Twice!! Katydyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In the playground in my mind
    Posts
    3,153

    Re: General Hospital

    PWS, I've been thinking the same thing!! They did a wonderful job finding that baby. What a happy little boy (or girl )
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata


    "I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

  2. #2612
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,707

    Re: General Hospital

    I can't believe Jason may die without learning that the baby is his... What kind of closure is that? Of course it is great that he can love a child that isn't his, which he's done before, and even the child of his wife's rapist, but we've established that already now, so how about having Heather fess up? Of course even if this shot is supposed to be fatal I bet Duke or Joe Jr. kicks his body into the drink, so it is never found....so he can always come back.
    If they are killing him off to pair Sam with her former vampire lover again (McBain) that seems like a really bad idea to me. I was hoping TPTB had given up on that. I know they had chemistry supposedly a decade or so ago but I sure don't see it now.

  3. #2613
    FORT Fogey Miss Scarlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,702

    Re: General Hospital

    I also don't want Sam paired up with McBain, but it sure looks like that's where TPTB are going.

    I was surprised to see how attractive Duke was in the flashbacks. Anna barely shows any ageing, except for the hairstyle, but Duke has gone downhill bad. I don't think he's the least bit attractive now, & looks way older.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

  4. #2614
    Former Princess Jinafire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,005

    Re: General Hospital

    I was under the impression that Sean Kanan was hired to replace Steve Burton as Jason? im thinking this will put him in the hospital and make a transition over to Sean as Jason? Just a guess though!

  5. #2615
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,707

    Re: General Hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I also don't want Sam paired up with McBain, but it sure looks like that's where TPTB are going.

    I was surprised to see how attractive Duke was in the flashbacks. Anna barely shows any ageing, except for the hairstyle, but Duke has gone downhill bad. I don't think he's the least bit attractive now, & looks way older.
    I agree--Anna looks older but not in a bad way ... a little something around her mouth and some faint lines...but Duke..not so much. Wow...those 80's hair styles!! And yet at the time they didn't seem at all over the top!

    Duke looks like he's gone downhill morally as well...and that as well as his refusal to take a DNA test make me wonder if he's not really Duke. Remember, back before we knew it was "Duke", when we were speculating as to who the bad guy could be, we came up with another name, which now escapes me...a really evil/crazy guy with long kind of greasy hair ...argh, so frustrating..something like Caesar Faison? Anyway, if you know who I mean, does anyone recall if he had a thing for Anna? If so it could be him.

  6. #2616
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,707

    Re: General Hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess View Post
    I was under the impression that Sean Kanan was hired to replace Steve Burton as Jason? im thinking this will put him in the hospital and make a transition over to Sean as Jason? Just a guess though!
    Or he'll float out to sea, get amnesia for a while due to blood loss, just long enough for the widow Sam to get involved with McBain, and then come back as Sean after some plastic surgery? Of course he was shot in the stomach not the face... but Sam won't know that...and then, ala the Duke scenario, and the Todd scenario on OLTL, someday the "real" Jason can come back

  7. #2617
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    46
    Posts
    16,918

    Re: General Hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess View Post
    I was under the impression that Sean Kanan was hired to replace Steve Burton as Jason? im thinking this will put him in the hospital and make a transition over to Sean as Jason? Just a guess though!
    He played AJ before, so I can't imagine why they'd hire him to play Jason now. If he's coming back, I'd say it's to play AJ again.

    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I can't believe Jason may die without learning that the baby is his... What kind of closure is that? Of course it is great that he can love a child that isn't his, which he's done before, and even the child of his wife's rapist, but we've established that already now, so how about having Heather fess up? Of course even if this shot is supposed to be fatal I bet Duke or Joe Jr. kicks his body into the drink, so it is never found....so he can always come back.
    If they are killing him off to pair Sam with her former vampire lover again (McBain) that seems like a really bad idea to me. I was
    hoping TPTB had given up on that. I know they had chemistry supposedly a decade or so ago but I sure don't see it now.
    If they kill him off it's not to pair Sam up with McBain, it's because Steve Burton wants off the show. I'm sure TPTB would much rather that SB stay on the show.

    I think Ian Buchanan looks pretty good! No, he hasn't aged as well as Finola Hughes, but who has?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  8. #2618
    FORT Fogey Imperfect1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,123

    Re: General Hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess View Post
    I was under the impression that Sean Kanan was hired to replace Steve Burton as Jason? im thinking this will put him in the hospital and make a transition over to Sean as Jason? Just a guess though!
    I love Steve Burton and am just sick that he is leaving the show, BUT wow, it would be amazing if it really did turn out to be Sean Kanan who replaces Steve Burton because he is GORGEOUS! I just looked up his recent photos on Google, and amazingly, he kind of looks like Steve Burton too! But you're right Critical, Sean Kanan played AJ a number of years ago, so it would be unlikely that GH would hire him to play Jason ---- although other soaps have done that very thing, and in fact even on GH, remember when Natalia Livingston played Emily for years, and then came back a couple of years later to play Rebecca Shaw. And now that I think of it, Sarah Brown played a blond Carly, and then came back several years later to play a black haired Claudia Zacchara.

  9. #2619
    FORT Fogey MsDiva2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Del Mar, California
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,663

    Re: General Hospital

    I am sorry to see. Jason go too. I have always loved Jason too bad he has horrible taste in all th women he is with,lol
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

  10. #2620
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,707

    Re: General Hospital

    Can someone remind me WHY Steve Burton wants to leave the show? If he wants to do other things couldn't he negotiate for some "outs" to do that? To be in his position on a soap is an almost lifetime job for an actor...very rare. Unless he knows something about the upcoming demise of GH that we don't.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.