+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree870Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Poor Carly---everyone attracted to her, except (maybe) Jax, is evil.
    Nope, I think you have that backwards...everyone Carly is attracted to is evil! She wanted Tony for awhile, and he was definitely attracted to her...but then he wasn't enough and she went for bad boys Jason and AJ. Shawn was attracted to her....but she chose Johnny instead. She tried with Jax (and I agree - he's a "maybe" not evil!)...but still cheated with Sonny. Clearly she just has a thing for bad boys, bad boys! Whatcha' gonna do?

And yes, I hope they do something that let's Todd off the hook. Not completely of course.....though he he does a pretty good job of self-loathing and punishing himself. But I am so loving him on GH! He's funny as all heck without being cartoonish, he is so sweet and protective with Starr, he does very bad things -but usually with good reason (in his twisted logic anyway ), and his chemistry with Carly is hot, hot, hot IMO, he is the best addition to GH in ages!!
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

, yes, maybe that directionality is a better description of the dynamic!

I'm hoping Heather gets shot. Then Todd can say that he never saw a 2nd baby, that he gave Tea's baby to Heather for CPR and Heather went inside with it, did (allegedly) CPR with it, and returned a healthy baby to him and he left. Then LATER she told him what happened and he couldn''t bring himself to take the baby from Tea, plus Heather said she would say he knew all along...so he gave into her. Of course he's still going to have to explain keeping quiet about Johnny's behavior.

I actually didn't see the baby switch scenes...DID Todd see both babies? And an unconscious Sam? Whose idea was the switch, his or hers? Anyone remember?

Also, I swear when they did a quick close up of the results of the paper with the results it said Paternity tests, not Maternity tests... so maybe in the fine print it says something about who the dad is as well?
    Last edited by PWS; 10-11-2012 at 04:25 PM.

It was Heather's idea and she told Todd that the baby was unwanted - a pregnancy from rape and tearing their marriage apart. He was still really conflicted, but she was convincing. He almost told Sam any number of times. He really wanted to. I also love Todd on this show. I'm not sure he's being written consistant with his personality on the other show, but I don't care because he's so funny and sweet now.
    Count your blessings!

I started watching OLTL right when Roger H left. He came back at the very end & was pretty messed up from his captivity bit, so I never really got to see him much as Todd.
    I absolutely love him on GH for all the reasons mentioned above. He fits in with the show really well & I like the way he doesn't back down to the ones everyone else backs down to. Starr is fitting in well too. Never liked McBain. Dislike him even more now. I don't like him at all with Sam, probably because of my overall dislike for the actor & the character.

This whole baby switch storyline has me interested. Heather is nuts enough that she'll either have to be killed or locked up at the end of the story. Too bad, her craziness is kind of fun to watch.
    I also hope they figure out a way to get Todd off the hook. He's a great loose cannon for Port Charles.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I watched Todd in his very early days on OLTL, starting from when he was basically just "rapist #2" in a group of 3. He was such an interesting actor that he got a name and eventually a backstory that kind of redeemed him (awful family). He felt terrible about the rape and that's why he's never had the scar removed from his face even though he clearly could afford to now. The actor felt very strongly about the rape story and resisted some of the things they tried to do with the character that he felt would glamorize him in some way. He was on and off the show over the years, having great difficulty relating to the women in his life and doing some fairly awful things along the way in an effort to hold onto them. At one point he seemed to come back "after a car accident" with a new and much more traditionally handsome face...this was the evil brother he thinks he killed who took his place while he was being held prisoner...not in a Turkish prison though! At the very end of OLTL we saw that the brother was now being held captive and isn't dead. I missed a lot of the middle of his career and his sub's career at OLTL due to things like work that interfered (), but he's gradually become a little more human and functional. Like Sonny he'll do anything for family (especially Starr--he's never had the same relationship with his son), and that's part of what is going on with Tea, his ex wife. In the past Blair has been presented as his one true love.
    I agree, he's being much more likeable on this show, probably because they know the viewers don't all know the backstory so he's being more outspoken about his conflicts, whereas before you'd have to just deduce them.
    It's interesting, he doesn't have a "handsome" face by any means, but his intensity makes him very attrative.
    kattatude likes this.

I agree with everything you said. I'll take his kind of attractive over leading man/pretty boy attractive any day.
    I've discovered that our school televisions have the channel for GH and the kids leave right when it's starting, so I've been watching the first 20 min. or so as I sweep and organize the classroom and then rush home and watch the end there. I just have to hope nothing too exciting happens in the middle 10 min. Heather and baby Victor have been backed into the corner of a roof? Is that where they left it? How is she going to get out of this one? I hope they don't kill her outright. Does anyone remember her being "Janet from another planet" on a different soap, or am I thinking of someone else? (This would have been about 25 years ago). I want to see Sam get her baby back, Tea can throw her hysterics back in Lanview. I don't enjoy her. Of course that means she'll probably stick around Port Chuck just to bother me (and hang aroung not-Victor).
    Another teacher stopped in my room to say goodbye yesterday and couldn't believe I was watching GH. She hadn't watched in over a decade, but wanted to be caught up. Just saying the storylines out loud is embarassing.
    Count your blessings!

The first I became aware of Roger was while he was on As The World Turns & I thought he was a bad actor, didn't like him or his character. I enjoy him on GH though.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yes, Janet from another planet, with Trevor.. was that AMC? She's good with crazy.

Heather has a strong survival instinct, so would be kind of out of character for her to jump off the roof with the baby... I suppose she could drop the baby off...if I can't have him no one can (plus sticking it to Sam--Jason was right that seeing her will only aggravate the crazy)... The most satisfactory ending, she jumps with baby, but holds the baby protectively so he's not seriously hurt but she dies after a few "I only wanted to be a good mother" type lines. Maybe she even tells Jason he's the dad? Naaah.
    Of course it is a soap, so we can't have too final a death! I can't believe the rest of PC isn't worried about the lack of a Jerry Jax body!
    And speaking of back from the dead...I've missed a few episodes while traveling...assuming that's really Duke, and it certainly seems to be someone from Anna's past who looks like Duke...why on earth would Duke kidnap Robin that way? It doesn't seem like he's anyone's minion, so why not just show up in PC?
    Last edited by PWS; 10-12-2012 at 12:18 PM.

Maybe so he can be the one to "find" her and return her to Anna, earning her devotion forever? I don't know... I wasn't watching when Duke was on before. I haven't read spoilers, just speculation.
    Count your blessings!

I just loved the line between Luke & Tracy today. "Nobody ever dies in this town."
    So true, so true.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread