+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 494 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353676126 ... LastLast
Like Tree930Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Goodness, I'm not a bit bored by it yet! LOL! I can't wait for the next show every day. I think things will probably start to heat up tomorrow for sure.

Alan is definitely close to death now. Can't believe they are doing this to such a long standing character. If they can do this this easily to him, what chance to other characters like Luke, Bobbie, Monica and Tracy have? Not to mention Edward and Scott. Hey, question for you all. Whatever happened to Nurse Amy Vining? I believe she's related to Bobbie somehow though I don't remember but I'm racking my brains trying to remember what happened to her character? Don't get me wrong. I love Epiphany's spunk. She cracks me up but I was just curious. Oh, what they're doing to Alan reminds me of what they did with Tony during the Epidemic. Boo to the writers for taking out such long standing beloved characters. People who have watched this show since its start grew up loving these characters and TIIC are getting rid of them instead of getting rid of smaller, less liked or more boring characters like, oh I don't know, bratty Maxie, whiny Sam, selfish, self absorbed Carly and, oh let's not forget the villianess that just won't die Helena!!! And is there really any use for Georgie and Dillon anymore? Or Lulu for that matter. And I am officially tired of Liz's whining. Okay rant over.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2234448;
    Alan is definitely close to death now. Can't believe they are doing this to such a long standing character. If they can do this this easily to him, what chance to other characters like Luke, Bobbie, Monica and Tracy have? Not to mention Edward and Scott. Hey, question for you all. Whatever happened to Nurse Amy Vining? I believe she's related to Bobbie somehow though I don't remember but I'm racking my brains trying to remember what happened to her character?
    Luke and Tracy aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Monica and Bobbie have only been around sparingly anyways, so I don't know that they're at risk at this point. Alan's death furthered a storyline. They won't get rid of Edward (they tried... didn't work) because they cannot get rid of the Quartermaine family.

Amy Vining was related to Laura, not Bobbie. Laura grew up with the Vining family (I don't remember why) before coming back to live with Leslie and Rick. She left this show over 20 years ago and I cannot remember what the storyline was at the time. I think she got married and left, but I very well could be wrong.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I think it's still pretty exciting
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I wonder if Alan will be dying in that room

Leslie Charleston (Monica) might just be the next person on the chopping block. This isn't a spoiler - just speculation based on what's been going on with ABC soaps lately. LC was very vocal about Stuart Damon's firing, as well as the shabby treatment given to Anna Lee (Lila) at the end. If they actually did fire Cady McLain from AMC for slamming the network over firing Julia Barr and Vincent Irizarry, then I'd say LC is the next to go. Her comments were really strong. If I find a link, I'll post it.

I know that she mentioned that Tony Geary said something to the effect of "Every actor over 40 on this show should know where their coat is." So sad.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Very interesting, Critical. I haven't paid attention to the AMC news lately, so I wasn't aware that Cady McLain was actually fired. Yowsh.

Well, the rumors are that she was fired because she spoke out in her blog about the treatment of veteran actors on the show, especially Julia Barr (Brooke) and Vincent Irizarry (David), both of whom were let go recently. I totally agreed with her - they didn't even give JB a send off.

I guess I understand about the network needing to watch the budget, but they could at least be respectful when they let a long-time cast member go. Really though, I think they could get rid of several of those younger cast members and no one would really notice. They could kill off Maxie tomorrow and I wouldn't care and I doubt many others would either.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Oh, I completely agree with her as well. Julia's sendoff, or lack thereof, was completely uncalled for. She'd been on that show for nearly 30 years, hadn't she?

I agree that it's really crappy that Stuart Damon is getting fired after all of these years (how fun that we got to revisit him from long ago during the Luke/Laura wedding flashbacks), but at least he's getting a storyline and a sendoff.

Have you noticed how nice it's been this week without Maxie?

I want to hear more about this shabby treatment given to Anna Lee at the end? I never thought they treated her or her memory badly.

Is that related to why the actor who plays Edward was gone for a while?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;2235514;
    I want to hear more about this shabby treatment given to Anna Lee at the end? I never thought they treated her or her memory badly.

Is that related to why the actor who plays Edward was gone for a while?
    I think it was Wendy Riche who, when she was exec producer, told Anna Lee that she would be on contract as long as she lived or wanted to be on contract. Basically, the idea was that the show would take care of her. Then when new execs came and took over GH, they put Anna Lee on recurring status, which meant that she was getting a lot less money. Apparently, she had lots of medical bills and the money was a huge worry. Her son came out quite publicly and condemned the actions of the network. I thought it was pretty scummy of them to brush aside this woman who had meant so much to the show when she was 80 and in ill health.

I think John Ingle left after they put him on recurring status and Days made him a better offer. They were going to get rid of him completely until the fans rose up and complained. When GH relented and wanted to put him on recurring status, it was too late. I was happy to see him back as Edward, but sad that he didn't get to play those scenes of Edward saying goodbye to Lila.

+ Reply to Thread