+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree972Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I hate it when there's about to be a big reveal (Jason telling Sam about the baby) and some big drama interrupts them. This happens WAAAAY too much on this show. Almost every reveal. Happened with McBain telling Tea, too, in the same episode!
    It's Friday too, so that makes it even worse. What's the old saying? On soaps, if someone shoots a gun on Friday, it doesn't hit anyone until Monday.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I betcha that Trey is the one that will be called on to commit Connie. He is afterall her son & blood relative.
    Critical and Katydyd like this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I betcha that Trey is the one that will be called on to commit Connie. He is afterall her son & blood relative.
    Ooo good one!

Something is unnerving me though... YOu know how on soaps when one story wraps you keep coming back for the 4 other stories that haven't wound up yet? It seems to me that they are too close to wrapping up all the major stories. Sam pushed John away, so there is no real barrier to reuniting with Jason when the baby story finishes... heck maybe everyone can bond chasing Heather and the baby through the woods. Tracy betrayed Joe Jr. who's been shot, so he's done. Trey suddenly really loves Kristina thanks to their one marital night of great sex, and K knows it because of what he did with Joe Jr., so their story is a wrap. Sabrina is no threat to a sudden Robyn return...
    In short, it looks like pretty much everything could wrap up by Thanksgiving... I hope they don't know something we don't.
    So many cancellations breeds paranoia.

Finally, what was that look on TOdd's face as he gives Carly a comforting hug? It looked like he's thinking..."Wait, am I getting aroused by a woman other than Blair?"
    Of course Carly's instincts are right... there IS something else going on with Johnny...but not something she's going to be that OK with forgiving.

PS as you can tell, I got in more GH watching on my trip than I expected!

I hope you're wrong about your premonition, although I have to admit that the time change has weakened my bond to the show.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Finally, what was that look on TOdd's face as he gives Carly a comforting hug? It looked like he's thinking..."Wait, am I getting aroused by a woman other than Blair?"
    I was really surprised as this is the same Todd that took how long to even kiss Tea way back when. Or I guess it isn't anymore.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Arrgh...GH preempted by a Columbus Day parade and won't be on until the middle of the night...hope the vcr works.

So now Sam knows the generalities but not the details. Interesting how the Maxie mind works or doesn't work as the case may be. I like Ellie...

Now she does.
    Count your blessings!

I like Ellie too. Especially the way she treats Spinelli like he's something special & she's lucky to be seeing him.
    Maxie never did that. She liked him, but always had him jumping through hoops while she treated him like he was expendable.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

??? at Maxie's sudden recognition that she loves Spinnelli...all steming from one conversation with her mom about excitement (Frisco) vs. stability (Max) (kind of amusing/ironic since "mom" was actually married to "Frisco" for a while). It really does seem as though she only wanted him when she saw he had found someone better for him. And she really is better for him, no matter what they say about opposites attracting.

They are going to have to have Todd do something heroic here, or shoot Heather so only his version of the story (she switched the babies when he wasn't looking? and wasn't blackmailing him?) comes out, or he isn't going to be salvageable. Poor Carly---everyone attracted to her, except (maybe) Jax, is evil.

+ Reply to Thread