+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1167Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I can't see how they're going to redeem Elizabeth after this. They've always portrayed her as the sweetheart of the show, regardless of the less than sweet things she's done, but this is just beyond. You KNOW the truth will eventually come out and Jason will be furious. Doesn't she know that there's always going to be another DNA test? That baby will get sick and need a kidney or bone marrow or something and then everyone will find out that the baby is not Tea's. UGH. Kind of sick of the switched baby storylines on soaps.

That was one lame bachelorette party. Plus, was Kristina actually drinking? I wasn't looking up, so maybe I misheard. Isn't she like 19 or did they age her again?
    In real life, very likely not another DNA test, also very likely no kidney or bone marrow transplant.
    But this is Soap Land! There's always another DNA test & always a serious medical emergency of some sort, usually within the first year.
    The question is: Do these characters know they live in Soap Land? Apparantly not.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yeah, Milo---all the blondes were going nuts, which seemed a little out of character for some of them, but maybe they were just trying to get into the mood that Kate seemed to want... I saw a cell phone out... when does this end up on YouTube for Sonny to see? Nice contrast to the boys' party.

I agree, seems way over the top if they want to keep Elizabeth around. Unredeemable... I guess she could say, the witchy doctor told me to "go for it", and why does Sam get to get her son back from the dead (and probably Jason) when I don't? Clearly ready for another trip to shrinkland. I want to see what revelations Spinnelli's hot lab tech has....

Really bummed I'm going to miss tomorrow and all next week... keep me up to date here on what Kate springs on Sonny at the wedding and if Elizabeth gets caught!

That kiss between Milo and Connie today was really upsetting. Yikes.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Connie is really upsetting! For anyone who vaguely remembers when I was saying that as much as I did not like the 'Kate' character - I WAS liking the Connie character and found her to be a more enjoyable/entertaining replacement for 'Kate' ---- Well that lasted a few weeks, but now 'Connie' is just as annoying as 'Kate'!!! Only instead of being an uptight prune, she's an over-the-top brassy bully.

And speaking of over-the-top bullies, this new character, Brit the new lady doctor is certainly an over-the-top bully. Too bad too, because she's a very pretty lady who could've had some real potential as a sympathetic character to win (or almost win) Patrick's heart --- and cause a love triangle to ensue when Robin is eventually rescued. Of course that might be the purpose for the Sabrina character -- but even without Sabrina's fake geeky glasses, and with her being so young, I don't see much potential for any romantic interest by Patrick.

Friday's episode was just plain weird... Connie making Olivia think she had an episode, Liz lying through her teeth about Jason coming on to her with Sam sitting 10 feet away, Connie doing her whipped cream dance on the pool table. I don't think Olivia's the only one hopped up on drugs here. The writers need to go somewhere to dry out.
    Count your blessings!

Agreed, Gut. I was embarrassed for everyone involved, especially over that scene with Connie on the pool table. I don't find that actress even remotely sexy, so that scene was every more cringe-worthy. It would have been bad with any actress, but with her it was even worse.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Hmmmm, for once, my getting GH on a one-day delay is a huge ADVANTAGE. Thanks for the heads up guys. Think I'll SKIP yesterday's episode!!!!!!!

The only bit worth seeing was the Ellie/Spinelli reunion, but he invited her to the wedding as his date - just as Maxi walked through the door to "reclaim" him - so we should be seeing them again. I think they're gearing up for a match with those two, which I fully endorse, with her correcting her own "Spinelli speak" and saying she didn't mind coming "since Nova is a rerun" which Spin was immediately relieved about. There were a couple of other outed interests they had in common in that one short scene. What would their couple name be? Spinelliellie?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Friday's episode was just plain weird... Connie making Olivia think she had an episode, Liz lying through her teeth about Jason coming on to her with Sam sitting 10 feet away, Connie doing her whipped cream dance on the pool table. I don't think Olivia's the only one hopped up on drugs here. The writers need to go somewhere to dry out.
    To me, all those examples you site, pale in comparison to Johnny out of the blue asking Carly to escape with him to points unknown for reason untold.

If Spinelli were to impregnate Ellie, she would be Ellie with a Spinelli in the belly.
    Katydyd likes this.

+ Reply to Thread