+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1097Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Honestly, I couldn't even even imagine being in that situation - thank goodness!!! If I knew that something that huge had been kept from me, I'm sure I'd be beyond furious. But there's a tiny part of me (the chicken sh*t part that I can't say I'm proud of) that wonders if I'd be able to handle the devastation twice if I couldn't find him....and of course I'd spend the rest of my life searching. Which is why I think there's a certain comfort and peace in knowing. I wouldn't dare speak for anyone who's ever been through a tragedy like the death of a child, or having a child go missing, only what I might feel. The endless wondering, searching for my child in every face, every time the phone rings or there comes a knock at the door my heart quickening with a "maybe this time"....I don't know if I could survive that. So on one level, maybe not knowing the possibility existed would save me a lifetime of a whole different kind of heartache. But like I said, if I found out someone kept the knowledge from me, I don't know how I'd forgive them Thank heavens I don't live in a Port Chuck and have to make those kinds of decisions on a weekly basis
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Love that, weekly basis! So true!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

What are the odds that Elizabeth has sabotaged the DNA test for Sam's baby? I wonder if she just did a swab of her own cheek...and one day someone will notice it was for a female. When will the inhabitants of soapland learn that the only way you can trust the results of a DNA test is if you run them yourself!

Dr. Drake and student nurse? Surely that's not going to be the next romance? The other doctor is being set up as too nasty and not child oriented, but the other option has too big an age difference I'd think. I can see Sabrina as a stalker, but today she was definitely being shown as nice.

Does anyone know what was on those papers Connie had Johnny sign? A confession to be filed away in case something happens to Connie?

I'm sad that Elizabeth took that route. Sad, sad, sad. The only thing to brighten my mood will be an episode surrounding new Jos. We have gone much to long without her staring off longingly into space without expression. Emma could give her some acting lessons eh?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

The actress who plays Emma really did do a good job of being a brat missing her daddy, didn't she? Looked totaly authentic to me from what I recall of childrearing at that age! Not MY kids of course! But my firends' kids, definitely!

OK, we didn't know what Connie had Johnny sign, and now I"m dying to know what she has planned for him if Todd thought it was such genius! Please let Heather stay in hiding so she can go through with it! Sad that my sympathies are now with Connie over Kate! I wonder if Connie was present before the "rape" and if Joe Jr. was telling the truth---maybe Kate had an even earlier trauma.

As a parent and as a child psychologist, they really need to get Sam's baby back to her before he gets much older. Forget the parent's agony, it will be very hard on him to switch parents soon. I hope Spinnelli perseveres....and knows enough about the Elizabeth/Sam/Jason menage to suspect those results.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    OK, we didn't know what Connie had Johnny sign, and now I"m dying to know what she has planned for him if Todd thought it was such genius! Please let Heather stay in hiding so she can go through with it! Sad that my sympathies are now with Connie over Kate! I wonder if Connie was present before the "rape" and if Joe Jr. was telling the truth---maybe Kate had an even earlier trauma.
    Great idea PWS! That would make much better sense then the current story! I mean, I know it's a soap, but the rape of a teenager and subsequent childbirth hardly seems traumatic enough to bring on DID. In no way am I implying rape is not a horrible, traumatic experience. But first of all, DID usually manifests at a much younger age, when children have very few coping skills. And from everything I've heard, it's usually after repeated traumatic events. Besides, we already have Todd and Luke as viable "leading men" who've raped a teenage girl. You add Joe Jr, and that's what, somewhere around 20% of the Port Chuck male dating pool? Yikes!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Thanks! It was something that occurred to me when Kate had that flashback to the dangling medal on Joe Jr.'s chest during the rape...as if she had just "woken up" to discover what was happening...like when she "woke up" in Johnny's bed and had no idea how she got there. So to Kate it would seem like a rape.

Good point on the PC redeemed rapists squad. Really they need to do a better job of judging the charisma of the actors they hire to be rapists before painting them into a corner!

I can't see how they're going to redeem Elizabeth after this. They've always portrayed her as the sweetheart of the show, regardless of the less than sweet things she's done, but this is just beyond. You KNOW the truth will eventually come out and Jason will be furious. Doesn't she know that there's always going to be another DNA test? That baby will get sick and need a kidney or bone marrow or something and then everyone will find out that the baby is not Tea's. UGH. Kind of sick of the switched baby storylines on soaps.

That was one lame bachelorette party. Plus, was Kristina actually drinking? I wasn't looking up, so maybe I misheard. Isn't she like 19 or did they age her again?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm on a one day delay which is irritating me no end, but the Liz paternity switch may be the straw that breaks my GH habit for good. I'm PISSED they handled things this way. Waaaaaaaay out of character for a woman who just lost her son recently.
    As for Kristina - college freshmen are generally 18 turning 19, so yeah - shouldn't be drinking.
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 09-27-2012 at 06:02 PM.
    Count your blessings!

Milo!!! You are the MAN! Who knew?

+ Reply to Thread