+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree870Likes

Thread: General Hospital

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: General Hospital

Thanks, Katydyd! I'd forgotten all about Ethan---maybe because he left for good right around the time I rejoined the show as it were.
    Re Anna and Luke's chem, I never seem to hit the day they do something romantic or sexual, just the days Heather gets in the way, etc., so can't comment.
    Well, I've got one more trip this fall, then I'll hopefully be able to keep up on my own!

Was there a new show on Friday? It's not on Hulu.
    Count your blessings!

Friday's episode is available on the ABC site now. Not sure why Hulu doesn't have it yet.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Thanks. I'll go there. I need some down time.
    Count your blessings!

Am I crazy/misremembering... or did Jason go ballistic after Robin's death because Sam kept it a secret from him? Because not telling her that their baby is still alive.... no words.
    Count your blessings!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Am I crazy/misremembering... or did Jason go ballistic after Robin's death because Sam kept it a secret from him? Because not telling her that their baby is still alive.... no words.
    It's the old Jason "double-standard" logic: No matter who the other person is (Robin, Sam, his family, anyone) - if THEY keep a secret, no matter how well intentioned the reason is, they are excommunicated from Jason-world. But if HE keeps a secret --- well that's ok, because there's good reason for it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Part of his brain damage??

Well, she's going to be PISSED! I know I would be.
    Count your blessings!

Usually "soap secrets" only make sense in that they amp up the drama. I mean, most of them are just like, really? Why in the world world wouldn't you say something? But the weird thing is, this is the one secret I can actually understand Jason keeping from Sam. She's been through so much and already lost two children, so to get her hopes up and then possibly not be able to find the baby....she would be beyond devastated to go through the pain all over again. Not that you ever get over a loss like that, but at this point she has closure at least. If he said the baby was alive and then they couldn't find him, she would never be able to move on. So yes, I completely get his reasoning here. Jason is looking and if (ok, when) he finds the baby, even if Sam never speaks to him again, she has her child and I think that's enough for Jason. I'm not sure I agree with the decision, but there's a point to it. Sam not telling Jason about Robin because she was worried about him...well, it's a reason, but not a very good one IMO. In that instance, Robin was so close to Jason, and he missed an opportunity to say good-bye at her memorial that he'll never get back. And it's not like waiting to tell him was going to make the news any easier, or Robin would be any less dead. Oh, wait....
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, I understood Sam's reasoning at first...when he was still really fragile physically, but by the end she was just being obsessive about waiting for Patrick's OK...like Patrick doesn't have better things to do. They could have taken him to the ceremony in a wheel chair if need be.
    Even if Jason couldn't ever find the baby he needs to tell Sam---would you not be FURIOUS if someone kept the knowledge that your son was alive and out there somewhere from you? Yes, you would never stop looking, but that is your right as a parent, not the right of someone who doesn't even believe he's related to the child. I could see not telling her when he just had some suspicions that the dead child wasn't hers, but now we are moving past that point.
    Nice getting Tea to say the line that a child belongs with his parents....

What have I missed? Do "we" know what's in those papers Connie was having Johnny sign today???

+ Reply to Thread