+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree941Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

I don't agree that Ewen is a Jax... especiallly given today's events. They gave pretty clear reasons as to why he was involved with them. They stole from his father which broke his spirit leading to his death. He was avenging his father's death. Am I missing something?
    Count your blessings!

No, it's probably me. I don't watch very regularly, even now. I just couldn't figure out why they were setting up so many similarities with Ewan and the Jacks brothers. It seemed too much like how they manufacture new siblings for existing characters. Now that Ewan's dead, I guess it doesn't matter. In the beginning, there were rumors that he would be the lost, and much more evil Cassadine. Obviously, that didn't happen either. Sort of like how they dropped the idea of Spinelli being Sonny's son, which I think would have been excellent!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Well, today's episode was an hour I'll never get back. :eyeroll How it could have been... and a Heather twist that defies common sense.
    elleprn likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Well, today's episode was an hour I'll never get back. :eyeroll How it could have been... and a Heather twist that defies common sense.
    Yeah, all that Sam and Jason nonsense was so saccharine and ridiculous. I never liked them together anyway. I've always preferred him with Elizabeth.

Apparently, this was black t-shirt week on the show. In one scene, John, Sam and Jason were all wearing them. Is that the new cool uniform in Port Charles?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm back after a couple of weeks off.... and DUKE is the kingpin behind Robin's kidnapping??? And the poisoning of Port Charles? Hmmm well, be glad to see Ian B. back.
    All those other rumors about returnees, very cool.
    I'm guessing that that very upsetting spoiler
    Click to see Spoiler:
    about Jason leaving fits with the set up we've been getting for Sam and John to get together, and Nat to fly in for the kiss off. I just hope he finds out his son is alive before they kill him off...or have him disappear. Hard to believe he's really going to be gone for good...maybe he'll join Robin in the Swiss hospital or be in a coma from the poison
    . Hard to believe it is true. I just read an interview with the actor about how appreciate s/he is of the GH time.

Aaaaaand, of course, the first day the show is at its new time, I forget to watch. I turned it on maybe a minute before 2 and saw Todd and Johnny on the docks (?) and then Jeopardy started Poop. Yes, they shifted GH to 1 PM because of Jeopardy. In my city, Katie Couric's new show is on the NBC affiliate and at 3 PM. That just means that they moved Anderson Cooper's show on me. Yep, I just looked and, instead of 3-4PM, his show airs at 11 AM.

Off to find a recap of today's GH......

This is so soapy! They're actually defusing a bomb with nail clippers. AND the FBI(?) put John on hold. I can't help but laugh!

ETA: John Ingle looked SO old today
    Last edited by Critical; 09-11-2012 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    This is so soapy! They're actually defusing a bomb with nail clippers. AND the FBI(?) put John on hold. I can't help but laugh!

ETA: John Ingle looked SO old today
    They should bring in Maguyver! He used to play a doctor on GH.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

It would make sense - two of his kids are still on the show! Plus, he could tangle with Heather!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

And BOOM!!! I'm betting it was the fuel cans on the deck and that both Sonny and Jax jumped off.... and MAYBE Jerry did... After all,he got his money so he can have his radiation cure, and come back to haunt us from the "presumed dead" another day.

+ Reply to Thread