+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree930Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Holy OMG!!! DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!! I cannot believe they kept that secret......not even a hint! But does this mean Duke is somehow in cahoots with Jerry? Holy Schmozes Critical, I'm right there with you - it is unbelievable how fanfrickintastic GH is these days!! Man to everyone who has ever been a fan of this show, if you're not watching now....COME BACK!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I found an interview with Frank Valentini about Ian Buchanan's return that was published this afternoon: Exclusive: General Hospital Chief Valentini Explains Today's Shocking Return of Duke Lavery - seattlepi.com

According to the article
    Click to see Spoiler:
    it was not the real Duke that we saw killed way back when (of course) and it will be about five more weeks before we see him again on the show. Boo!

I have to say, Ian's had a little work done, so it took me a second to realize it was actually him. His face looks a little taught and filled out....so, likely Botox AND fillers. Still, I can't wait to hear that lovely Scottish brogue of his again! Although I loved Anna and Robert together, I loved her with Duke more.

I'll be curious to see how this all plays out and how they connect Jerry and Duke and Ewan and explain WHY this is all happening.

I can't remember the last time I was this excited about this show! It's feeling like the old GH that I loved so much! The new regime is doing a great job of blending the old and new characters together.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Speaking of blending old and new characters together, can I just say that the chemistry between Todd and Carly is off the charts! I thought I'd never want Todd with anyone but Blair, but after today, I'm like - Blair who? And Laura Wright's Carly has better chemistry with Todd than with anyone they've paired her with so far...IMO. And that's saying something! I can't wait for these two to finally get together....but I hope they build it up like in the "good old days" and actually do make us wait !!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

Wow. This is pretty major
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Breaking news: Steve Burton leaving 'General Hospital' after 21 years - Riverside Soap Opera | Examiner.com

There have been rumors about Steve Burton wanting out for years, but it never happened. I can't say I'm unhappy. I think Jason's been painted into a corner and they're just giving him the same storyline over and over again. Because he said he'd leave if they gave him back his memory, I don't see where else they could have gone with him.

The only question is how he will exit. Will he leave town or will he be killed off?

I've also read rumors that Lynn Herring (aka Lucy Coe) is coming back, along with some other old characters. I've also seen rumors that two OLTL characters will come to town, but one will be just to wrap up a storyline. My guess is that it's either Natalie, who will really end things with John and make him free to pursue Sam OR it will be Victor, which will prove Todd's innocence.

I'm really enjoying Laura Wright and Roger Howarth together too, Katydyd! I think the characters have pasts that allow them to understand each other in ways that their previous partners haven't.

In other news, Kirsten Storms' first air date is (I think) next Wednesday! It feels like Maxie's been gone this whole time. Jen Lilley was just never Maxie for me. There were so many scenes in this past year that I wish KS had been there to play. I definitely think they would have kept Matt around if KS had been there. Maybe he can come back now....
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Wow. This is pretty major
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Breaking news: Steve Burton leaving 'General Hospital' after 21 years - Riverside Soap Opera | Examiner.com

There have been rumors about Steve Burton wanting out for years, but it never happened. I can't say I'm unhappy. I think Jason's been painted into a corner and they're just giving him the same storyline over and over again. Because he said he'd leave if they gave him back his memory, I don't see where else they could have gone with him.

The only question is how he will exit. Will he leave town or will he be killed off?

I've also read rumors that Lynn Herring (aka Lucy Coe) is coming back, along with some other old characters. I've also seen rumors that two OLTL characters will come to town, but one will be just to wrap up a storyline. My guess is that it's either Natalie, who will really end things with John and make him free to pursue Sam OR it will be Victor, which will prove Todd's innocence.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    WOW!!!!! I didn't know this. Total heartbreak!!!! (But I LOVE the irony of Steve Burton and James Franco working together in real life. As much as I hated Franco as a villain on GH, those two REALLY had (have) real life chemistry together. Good for them. I hope we see their first project soon!)

Can somebody PLEASE explain to me why nobody can come up with the info that Trey is Joe's son? He lived and ran a business raising Trey in a way that he never suspected anything was unusual. They had Spinelli research him... he didn't come up with the fact that he had a son. I'm willing to suspend disbelief to a certain point, but this is ridiculous!
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    According to the article
    Click to see Spoiler:
    it was not the real Duke that we saw killed way back when (of course) and it will be about five more weeks before we see him again on the show. Boo!
    I used to watch DOOL and GH, so I still catch them here and there on SoapNet at night. Ian Buchanan has been on DOOL for a bit now, and the last time I watched it, I swear they called him "Duke". Wonder if it is the same character? Anyways, I posted to basically say that's my guess on why it will take a bit to transition him in . . . because they have to transition him out of DOOL?

I think you're right KatesMom. Not necessarily about him being the same character, but about giving him time to transition out of DOOL. As for the other spoiler, I can't even comment. I'm still in mourning
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Desiderata

Johnny's haircut looks idiotic! Who in their right mind convinced him that that would look good?
    Did they get a new actor for Molly's boyfriend?
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Johnny's haircut looks idiotic! Who in their right mind convinced him that that would look good?
    Did they get a new actor for Molly's boyfriend?
    I seem to remember a rumor that there was a casting call a while back for someone who sounded suspiciously like that character. I didn't see the episode, so I don't know for sure.

+ Reply to Thread