+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1046Likes

Thread: General Hospital

  1. #2451
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    46
    Posts
    16,909

    Re: General Hospital

    Is that the band where Steve Burton stands around and plays the tamborine? Brandon Barash is definitely talented and I know Scott Reeves is a musician, but I never understood SB in that band.

    So I wonder who will foil Jerry's evil plan. Will Ewan finally be overwhelmed by his conscience and do something or will Joe Jr. rise up? Obviously, they aren't going to kill off all of PC.

    Whenever they have storylines like this, I remember a story about one of the times when Gloria Monty came back to run the show. She had a meeting with the entire cast and said something to the effect of "My first impulse is to put half of you on a plane and have it crash." The cast was a little large at the time.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  2. #2452
    FORT Fogey Imperfect1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,123

    Re: General Hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Donít know how many of you are familiar with Port Chuck, but here are a couple of performances by the boys from GH. There are lotís more available if you are interested. The choice is quite diverse.


    2011 MDA Telethon Performance - Port Chuck "American Girl" & "Long Train Running" - YouTube


    Port Chuck featuring Brandon Barash - "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" - 9/13/10 - YouTube
    For those of us who've been watching GH for many years, didn't you just LOVE the annual HIV musical fundraiser show that Lucy Coe hosted every year, where almost EVERYONE in the cast got up and performed a number on stage. Those shows were FABULOUS and heart warming and fun. And it was amazing (to me) how much musical talent these actors/actresses had! I wish somebody would bring that tradition back.
    tapper01 likes this.

  3. #2453
    FORT Fogey Imperfect1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,123

    Re: General Hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Is that the band where Steve Burton stands around and plays the tamborine? Brandon Barash is definitely talented and I know Scott Reeves is a musician, but I never understood SB in that band.

    So I wonder who will foil Jerry's evil plan. Will Ewan finally be overwhelmed by his conscience and do something or will Joe Jr. rise up? Obviously, they aren't going to kill off all of PC.
    Well, here's an off the wall thought: Carly just put in an emergency call to Jax. Maybe he'll come back to PC with Lady Jane and the two of them will end up being the ones to talk some sense into Jerry.

  4. #2454
    Best Buddies Gutmutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Nap Time
    Posts
    13,329

    Re: General Hospital

    Or just the fact that they're both in town will keep him from deploying whatever it is.
    Count your blessings!

  5. #2455
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,705

    Re: General Hospital

    Is he fond of his brother, Jax? I never thought there was that much love lost between them, but I missed their recent interactions. This ability to wipe out the whole town must help with contract negotiations---only Alexis and nuJoss are safe!

  6. #2456
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,601

    Re: General Hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Is he fond of his brother, Jax? I never thought there was that much love lost between them, but I missed their recent interactions. This ability to wipe out the whole town must help with contract negotiations---only Alexis and nuJoss are safe!
    And then they can cut down on writers as only Alexis will talk & NuJoss will look longingly off into the distance & wonder what the hell is going on behind that camera.

  7. #2457
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    46
    Posts
    16,909

    Re: General Hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Is he fond of his brother, Jax? I never thought there was that much love lost between them, but I missed their recent interactions.
    I think the relationship is complicated, but Jerry does still love Jax.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  8. #2458
    FORT Fogey Rockytop Chick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,477

    Re: General Hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    For those of us who've been watching GH for many years, didn't you just LOVE the annual HIV musical fundraiser show that Lucy Coe hosted every year, where almost EVERYONE in the cast got up and performed a number on stage. Those shows were FABULOUS and heart warming and fun. And it was amazing (to me) how much musical talent these actors/actresses had! I wish somebody would bring that tradition back.
    I wish they would bring Lucy Coe back! and some other characters too. Sometimes in the wee hours, I have caught some older episodes. One that I saw a bit of sometime last week was from before they aged Michael, right after he got shot. The original Kate and Maxie actors were on. I hate the new Kate! Nikolas was on and was taking some drug so that he could get his Emily halucinations. I think Sonny's brother Rick was still there. I don't like most of the current cast.

  9. #2459
    Best Buddies Gutmutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Nap Time
    Posts
    13,329

    Re: General Hospital

    I forgot to ask this the day it happened, but a Jerry was looking at a report or file in regards to the poison and they lingered on it meaningfully but I was too far away from the tv to read what it said. Did anyone catch it?
    Count your blessings!

  10. #2460
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    46
    Posts
    16,909

    Re: General Hospital

    If you remember which day it was, you could check out the episode on Hulu to see what the paper said.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.