+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1099Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

I would like to see Todd out Johnny (sorry, not a Johnny fan!), act like he just discovered that Heather made the baby switch (who's going to believe her if she blames it on him?) and that would give him access to Carly. I haven't read any spoilers. I'm just saying that's how I would write it.
    Count your blessings!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I like that way out of the baby switch for him! Otherwise he's kind of stuck. And he could combine it with "just" discovering that Heather switched the DNA test results. I can see Heather trying to say yeah, I did one of those things, but not the other...

So, does the list of symptoms for whatever is wrong with Josslyn include "stare into space like a mannequin"? That kid has almost zero personality on camera. I didn't see her in the first scenes where I guess Carly was reading to her or something before she was sick. Did she have any personality then? It reminded me of the Amanda they had on AMC years ago. That kid was like a sack of potatoes. She reacted to NOTHING. I remember the kid who played Timmy having to move her around the set. She had the personality of a turnip. This Joss looks like a creepy doll or something.

They've done so well in the past on GH casting little kids. This one is just glaringly bad. The little girl who played BJ years ago was so great. I remember Tony Geary having a scene with her where she was chattering away. He loves improv and you could tell he was having a ball with her. It made the scene so much more fun to watch than if she'd just sat there quietly and colored or whatever it was she was supposed to be doing.

I can't imagine a scenario where Todd won't best Heather. I'm looking forward to seeing it too!
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    So, does the list of symptoms for whatever is wrong with Josslyn include "stare into space like a mannequin"? That kid has almost zero personality on camera. I didn't see her in the first scenes where I guess Carly was reading to her or something before she was sick. Did she have any personality then? It reminded me of the Amanda they had on AMC years ago. That kid was like a sack of potatoes. She reacted to NOTHING. I remember the kid who played Timmy having to move her around the set. She had the personality of a turnip. This Joss looks like a creepy doll or something.

They've done so well in the past on GH casting little kids. This one is just glaringly bad. The little girl who played BJ years ago was so great. I remember Tony Geary having a scene with her where she was chattering away. He loves improv and you could tell he was having a ball with her. It made the scene so much more fun to watch than if she'd just sat there quietly and colored or whatever it was she was supposed to be doing.

I can't imagine a scenario where Todd won't best Heather. I'm looking forward to seeing it too!
    Critical, you beat me to the punch about the little girl (can't really call her an actress), playing Josslyn. Is this the best they could do? Really? I have to think she is a relative of somebody on the GH staff. I think she has had a total of 4 words..Hi Michael and Hi Starr

And I noticed that here in the Seattle area, Katie Couric's new show is not going to be on ABC, it's going to be on NBC. I read that in a few markets, it won't show on ABC. Not sure what the ABC lineup will be.

GH is usually on at 2pm here, but they are showing the commercials for it moving to 1pm...I guess I will have to wait and see.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by crzndeb View Post
    Critical, you beat me to the punch about the little girl (can't really call her an actress), playing Josslyn. Is this the best they could do? Really? I have to think she is a relative of somebody on the GH staff. I think she has had a total of 4 words..Hi Michael and Hi Starr

And I noticed that here in the Seattle area, Katie Couric's new show is not going to be on ABC, it's going to be on NBC. I read that in a few markets, it won't show on ABC. Not sure what the ABC lineup will be.

GH is usually on at 2pm here, but they are showing the commercials for it moving to 1pm...I guess I will have to wait and see.
    nuJoss wasn't much better today, but at least she didn't stare into space the entire time. I don't understand why they cast that kid either. I'm sure she's a sweet little girl, but she has no presence and clearly doesn't want to be there. If we hadn't seen other kids her age who were really good, then I'd say that's just he way it is, but we HAVE seen better little actors and on THIS show. Look at Robin, Michael, BJ, Maxie....so many little kids who were really good. This girl is like a prop.

I know it's hard to work with kids - especially on soaps where you don't have the time to do a bunch of takes - but this one looks like she's been doped up or something. It's actually kind of distracting.

So are they trying to make Molly unlikeable or is this what the writers think ALL teenagers are like?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Thank you so much Critical and crzndeb for your comments about nuJoss. Jeez! I was afraid to say anything cause I thought everyone would be really upset about my criticizing a little kid, but I thought the same thing. Almost literally like a sack of potatoes! She is soooooo unappealing! Do they think that her long blond hair automatically makes her a little star?

I'm sure she's a really sweet little girl, but she's just not cut out to be an actress, at least not at this age. Some little ones are really great on set at that age, but she's not one of them. It's funny, because when you think of the very young kids on GH who have been good actors, none of them are what you would consider conventionally attractive. I mean, Kimberly McCullough was adorable, but she also looked like a little elf. Same with the redhead who played Michael AND the little one who played BJ. They weren't UNattractive, but they didn't look like little porcelain dolls either. I'd much rather they cast for personality than looks, although I'm pretty sure they can find a little girl that has talent, and looks enough like Carly and Jax to be believable.

As soon as I saw nuJoss the other day, I really did flash back to that kid who played Amanda on AMC so many years ago. My mom and I still laugh about her. They'd sit her down somewhere on the set during a scene and she'd stay there until someone moved her. If they put down toys for her to play with, she totally ignored them and just sat there like a lump. It got to the point that I never knew what happened in any scene with the Dillons because I was just watching her!

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Thank you so much Critical and crzndeb for your comments about nuJoss. Jeez! I was afraid to say anything cause I thought everyone would be really upset about my criticizing a little kid, but I thought the same thing. Almost literally like a sack of potatoes! She is soooooo unappealing! Do they think that her long blond hair automatically makes her a little star?
    I've only recently tuned back into GH these past couple of days after nuJoss was "drugged" and the first thing I noticed was the fact that she was moving her fingers while supposedly knocked out near death. Today she is squeezing her little eyes shut so tight and grimacing her forehead while lying unconscience in the hospital bed... they can do better.

The new opening of GH took me by surprise! It has been awhile!

Quote Originally Posted by Minney View Post
    I've only recently tuned back into GH these past couple of days after nuJoss was "drugged" and the first thing I noticed was the fact that she was moving her fingers while supposedly knocked out near death. Today she is squeezing her little eyes shut so tight and grimacing her forehead while lying unconscience in the hospital bed... they can do better.

The new opening of GH took me by surprise! It has been awhile!
    I'm just watching it now and I had to laugh over her squeezing her eyes shut and fidgeting like crazy. That's the most animated she's been this whole time and she's supposed to be unconscious! I'd love to have been listening in on the folks in the booth while that was going on! Wonder how long it will be before they recast her.

They changed the opening around the beginning of July. I wondered whether it was shortened to make room for more show..... or more commercials.

So this is the first time Johnny has almost confessed to killing Cole and Hope. I'd say he's right on schedule for a November sweeps confession!

I normally like Liz, but at times like this, I do want to smack her. She really is the most clueless idiot when it comes to men.

Don’t know how many of you are familiar with Port Chuck, but here are a couple of performances by the boys from GH. There are lot’s more available if you are interested. The choice is quite diverse.

2011 MDA Telethon Performance - Port Chuck "American Girl" & "Long Train Running" - YouTube

Port Chuck featuring Brandon Barash - "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" - 9/13/10 - YouTube

+ Reply to Thread