+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1032Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Thanks! I didn't even think to check Google Images. Here's the link in case anyone else missed the show today: File:Nujoss.jpg - General Hospital Wiki

Now you can change your av back!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    But seriously, how old did they make Josslyn? I looked around online and no one has mentioned it. They haven't SORAS'ed a kid on this show in a while....maybe since Molly. At least not really dramatically.

This makes me SO happy! I mean, I'm sorry for the people involved in the show, but it makes me feel good that the network is sort of being punished for unjustly canceling OLTL: Good Afternoon America Plummets | TV Media Insights TVMI TV Ratings Network TV Show Reviews
    A 70% dive in ratings from OLTL in the 18-49 female demo is HUGE! I hope they're all kicking themselves and wishing Brian Frons was still around so they could kick him too!
    Maybe they are learning that people like their soaps! Katie Couric has got to be shaking in her boots.
    Critical and Katydyd like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

You know, I don't dislike Katie Couric, but I can't say I'd want to tune into her talk show either. I really only watch Anderson Cooper's show and not every day.

In my fantasy, AMC and OLTL are brought back and given 30 minutes each - that's what they all used to be anyway. Probably won't happen, but I can dream. I want to think all of this bodes well for GH. I think the ratings are pretty good and they just got the Emmy for best show. Of course, OLTL was doing pretty well in the ratings and with the critics when it got canceled, so they could still kill GH.

It makes me sick to think of daytime with no GH. Although I watched every ABC soap, GH has always been my favorite.

I would have preferred Faison to Jerry, but I'm enjoying him nonetheless. I've always liked Sebastian Roche. He's so much better than the first actor who played Jerry - the one who played him when Bobbie and Jerry were dating. SR's Jerry wouldn't want anything to do with Bobbie.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Nobody would. That poor woman.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    You know, I don't dislike Katie Couric, but I can't say I'd want to tune into her talk show either. I really only watch Anderson Cooper's show and not every day.

In my fantasy, AMC and OLTL are brought back and given 30 minutes each - that's what they all used to be anyway. Probably won't happen, but I can dream. I want to think all of this bodes well for GH. I think the ratings are pretty good and they just got the Emmy for best show. Of course, OLTL was doing pretty well in the ratings and with the critics when it got canceled, so they could still kill GH.

It makes me sick to think of daytime with no GH. Although I watched every ABC soap, GH has always been my favorite.

I would have preferred Faison to Jerry, but I'm enjoying him nonetheless. I've always liked Sebastian Roche. He's so much better than the first actor who played Jerry - the one who played him when Bobbie and Jerry were dating. SR's Jerry wouldn't want anything to do with Bobbie.
    I started re-watching GH after many years away because they brought Todd and John over. I am now getting interested in some of the storylines and am enjoying seeing some old faces.... I hope I don't lose it now.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I started re-watching GH after many years away because they brought Todd and John over. I am now getting interested in some of the storylines and am enjoying seeing some old faces.... I hope I don't lose it now.
    I've always watched, but I admit I had lost interest over the last few years. It's amazing what the introduction of a few "new" characters and a new exec producer and writer have done. While there are still characters I don't like on this show, there are many more things that I DO like about it.

I never thought I could like Roger Howarth more than I did on OLTL, but he's even better on GH. You can tell he's having a ball in this new playground!

I so agree with that last statement, Critical! I started watching OLTL toward the end because they brought him back, but then he never had any satisfying redemption (far the opposite!) or reunions for a man held captive 8 years. But now he is having a blast! Every storyline and scene he's in is full of energy. That one scene with Spinelli guarding the door for Sam was comedy gold! I hope he wins awards this year. And even though I know this isn't a popular thought, I would love to see him paired with Carly - even temporarily. They're both so bad, but want to be good. The possibilities are ripe.
    Minney likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I so agree with that last statement, Critical! I started watching OLTL toward the end because they brought him back, but then he never had any satisfying redemption (far the opposite!) or reunions for a man held captive 8 years. But now he is having a blast! Every storyline and scene he's in is full of energy. That one scene with Spinelli guarding the door for Sam was comedy gold! I hope he wins awards this year. And even though I know this isn't a popular thought, I would love to see him paired with Carly - even temporarily. They're both so bad, but want to be good. The possibilities are ripe.
    Considering the spoilers I've seen, I think things are going to become deliciously complicated very soon!

I'd love for Todd and Carly to get together, but I don't know that they'd make a good couple long-term. I can see them having a drunken fling and then immediately regretting it....imagine them getting caught in bed together by Michael and Starr! That would be hilarious! Carly's "friendship" with Jason doesn't seem to consist of much more than her getting herself into trouble and then demanding that Jason get her out of it. I'd love to see her have more of a balanced friendship with someone. I think she and Todd understand each other. They're both good-hearted and sensitive, but then they do and say horrible things.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I think that the whole 'magazine test' scene between Todd and Carly bodes well for your hopes of a fling or romance between them. Todd's wistful comments about him wanting a "7" and Carly being a "7" said it all!!! I kinda like Carly with Johnny --- but Carly and Todd as a couple would be very intriguing, especially plot wise!!! Can't even imagine the trouble those two could get into together --- and/or, because both of them are such major Type A power-control freaking baddies, the possibilities are endless for the explosive relationship they could have with each other! And we wouldn't have to worry about adorable Johnny, cause he is sexy and delicious no matter who he's with, so he'll be fine. I just hope that after murdering Anthony and accidentally killing Cole and Hope, the powers-that-be will still allow him to remain on the show!!!
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 08-12-2012 at 08:33 AM.
    Katydyd likes this.

I would like to see Todd not pine for Blair and move on for at least a little while.
    Minney likes this.

+ Reply to Thread