+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1000Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Jerry??? Crap I still have three days to catch up on yet...I guess I better get busy! Jerry and Robin have crossed paths....she was in the MetroCourt during the hostage thing, but I can't think of any reason he'd want this kind of revenge Does he maybe have a past we don't know about with Patrick and he's the one Jerry wants to hurt? I don't think Jerry had anything to do with Robert or Anna....but maybe they'll concoct some sort of off screen connection. Or, maybe Robin is just the first step in his master revenge plan to devastate and destroy all of Port Chuck I agree Critical, Faison would have made much more sense. I just just hope the return of Jerry doesn't mean Jax is close behind. I'm so not a fan....
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Totally agree, Critical and katydyd (except for the Jax part, cause I'm definitely a Jax fan). Although I'd rather have Jerry back than Helena, it makes no sense whatsover to have had Jerry go to so much trouble to set Ewan up for months to kidnap Robin --- unless they're revising history and the NUhistory will be revealed. At least Jerry explained how they did the Robin/burnt corpse switch --- although there was a little bit of revisionist history there too, because if I remember correctly, Robin was at the "mail chute" giving Patrick the medicine for Jason at the moment of the blast. There would not have been time for one or more persons to sneak into the lab behind her and whisk her out and explode the lab. But for me, the more important question is this: Were the recent 'Robin at Ferncliff' scenes filmed months ago, before Kimberly McCullough left the show --- or is she coming back?

Update: Just found the answer to my own question. According to Wikipedia, "On July 16, 2012, Soap Opera Digest announced that McCullough would return to the series for a series of guest spots She started her series of guest starring spots on July 19, 2012." See Footnotes 7 + 8:
    7 "Kimberly McCullough Back To GH!" and
    8 "Robin Returns To GH!Robin Returns To GH!"
    Check out Wikipedia "Robin Scorpio" Footnotes 7 + 8, if the above links don't work.
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 08-04-2012 at 05:27 AM.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

And for those of you who missed the big Jerry reveal...Maxie didn't blow up the lab, Jerry or his minions did, so she has no need to continue to feel guilty. Her bag catching on the spigot handle was just luck for the bad guys.
    Apparently Jerry has some hold on Ewen....he's unhappy at being told to stay away from Elizabeth and feels guilty about what he's done to Robin and Patrick (not to mention their kid whom he never mentions...who's being taken care of by Maxie I guess, while Patrick's in the hospital?).
    So Ewen's being set up to be redeemable if he has chemistry with someone. Speaking of which, are we supposed to think Elizabeth is really hot for Jason, but he's just feeling a friend vibe for her?
    And Trey is being set up to be redeemable as well. One spark of intelligence I see from Kristina--her having trouble believing Trey gave up his whole film career and all his dad's money for her, and that his dad won't be that upset.... Wonder how he will explain that dear old dad is never around to meet her.
    Well, I'm off TV all next week and most of the next--traveling again. Keep me up to date if there are any more revelations!

Wow - I dvr'd a few of the GH "Gold Medal Moments" and I'm sitting here watching the "best dramatic" pick. I was thinking it would be "Clink/Boom" yet again...which I love, but still enough is enough...but no, it was Lucky's "death" in the fire. I am positively bawling!! Genie Francis absolutely broke my heart. And Tony Geary, with the JJ flashbacks - OMG. And Becky...she was so, so good even at that age. And boy were they ever young! I had forgotten just how young they all were at that time...Lucky, Jason, Elizabeth, Nicolas - even Sonny!....and oh, to see Bobby before she destroyed her face just brought home how really sad that is. I wish they would bring out more of these classic episodes that they don't show all the time. Robin and Patrick's wedding was fabulous, but the best in all the GH vault? I guess it was fan picks, but still, I'd like to see more of the stuff from the 80's and 90's. That's classic!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

Ok seriously, when I said maybe Robin was just the first step in Jerry's "master revenge plan to devastate and destroy all of Port Chuck" I was kidding! But then today he says Robin is just the first step and he has "big plans" for Port Charles And it seems as though this time he really is dying. Well, he has a cough anyway, and he did say "one way or another" Ewan soon wouldn't have to deal with him. In soap land, clearly that's a death sentence So what's the deal?
    Desiderata

Hahahaha! Josslyn sure grew up in a hurry! I realize there's a new plot line where Jerry wants her kidnapped, so they may need a more mature little girl to handle it, but that was quick!
    Count your blessings!

Oh shoot, I missed that part. I was flipping back and forth between GH and the Olympics. So is she in Molly's class at school?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Just about! This is the first time I have witnessed first hand a major time warp like that. Again, I understand why they might need an older child for the story line they're setting up, but Michael went to Pentonville pretty recently for protecting her at her birth. I guess if they all act like it's normal, we are supposed to play along.
    Count your blessings!

But seriously, how old did they make Josslyn? I looked around online and no one has mentioned it. They haven't SORAS'ed a kid on this show in a while....maybe since Molly. At least not really dramatically.

This makes me SO happy! I mean, I'm sorry for the people involved in the show, but it makes me feel good that the network is sort of being punished for unjustly canceling OLTL: Good Afternoon America Plummets | TV Media Insights – TVMI – TV Ratings – Network TV Show Reviews
    A 70% dive in ratings from OLTL in the 18-49 female demo is HUGE! I hope they're all kicking themselves and wishing Brian Frons was still around so they could kick him too!
    Katydyd likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I never did learn how to post photos, but I'm a whiz at avatars. So here is what nuJoss looks like. I found it under nuJoss in Google images.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread