+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree735Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

I just hope it doesn't turn out to be Helena holding Robin...that would be such a cop out. The first person that sprang to mind way back when we first saw Robin after her "death" was Faison. He's the only one I can think of with that much of a vendetta against Anna and Robert And at the risk of beating a dead horse deader (?) can I just say again how much I am loving Todd on GH? I have little hope left that GH will get much of a reprieve, but I sure wish ABC would take a good hard look at the show and realize how really good it is right now.
    Critical likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

You can go ahead and gush about Todd all you want Katydyd! I love him too! I loved him on OLTL, but (dare I say) I think he's even better on GH. He's chewing scenery! I think Roger Howarth's likely feeling energized by the change in scenery and all the new scene partners he's got.

I think that Robin is likely being held where Heather was a patient. That would explain how she knows about Robin. I don't think she had any part in it.

I'd LOVE it if Faison was involved in Robin's kidnapping! Now HE was a great villain! With Anna back in town, that would make much more sense. I agree that Helena being behind it would be a cop out. Why would she care about Robin? Now that the only Cassadine in town is Alexis, I think Helena isn't really relevant right now. I'd love to see Nikolas come back, although I'm not really sure what they'd do with him. I just like Tyler Christopher.

When I was watching Anna and Luke's scenes today, I caught myself thinking that Finola Hughes is looking a bit haggard. Then I gave myself a little mental smack. I felt sort of guilty for falling prey to that youth-centric b.s. for a few minutes. Plus, she was supposed to look haggard in those scenes. Kudos to her for aging naturally and looking like a 53 year old woman (and a gorgeous one at that!) instead of a plasticized Barbie doll.
    Katydyd and Imperfect1 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    I just hope it doesn't turn out to be Helena holding Robin...that would be such a cop out. The first person that sprang to mind way back when we first saw Robin after her "death" was Faison. He's the only one I can think of with that much of a vendetta against Anna and Robert And at the risk of beating a dead horse deader (?) can I just say again how much I am loving Todd on GH? I have little hope left that GH will get much of a reprieve, but I sure wish ABC would take a good hard look at the show and realize how really good it is right now.
    I've been watching GH for years and years and I can't believe I don't know who Faison is. But here's the question: now that we've seen the villain "doctor" who is responsible for kidnapping and holding Robin, is that Faison? If not, anyone know who it is?

Ooooooo! Nice reveal of Dr. Keenan as the big bad! Loved it! I always knew he wasn't a good guy, especially after the rumor that circulated when he was cast about
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Ewan being a Cassadine that would make Mikkos, Starvos and Helena look like pussycats!
    it was still a good reveal. If it couldn't be Faison, I'm glad they didn't make it Helena, who was the fallback villain for so many years.

I'm sorry for Carly that Johnny is probably about to be taken down by Todd, but I'm still going to enjoy seeing Todd go after him!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Click to see Spoiler:
    Not sure but, I wonder if Ewan is Faison son.

Article about the state of the show and some spoilers too: General Hospital 50th Anniversary Update -- 2012 - TVLine

When is the the time change, and to what slot?
    I haven't seen anything on the network about it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

It had to do with the cancellation of one of those talk shows that replaced our beloved ABC soaps. They want a good lead in for the Katie Couric show I think, so will probably be moving GH earlier in the day by an hour. But since it is on at different times everywhere you need to watch your local listings. I think it is set to happen in Sept. This was discussed on this thread earlier, but am sorry, don't know when in the last few months.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I've been watching GH for years and years and I can't believe I don't know who Faison is. But here's the question: now that we've seen the villain "doctor" who is responsible for kidnapping and holding Robin, is that Faison? If not, anyone know who it is?
    It was Dr. Keenan....Elizabeth's possible beau of the moment....who's about to start Patrick on treatment, presumably at Ferncliff where Robin's comatose body is...will he see her during drug withdrawal and think he is nuts?
    Somehow I thought Heather was already in PC when Robin died, but you are right, it was afterwards, so she could have seen Robin arrive at Ferncliff. I wonder who the burned body was? Strange that no DNA or dental ID was done on the corpse, but I guess they all thought they knew who it was.

Certainly Keenan could be Faison's son, but if so we didn't hear anything about him during a period when he was obsessed with Anna and kidnapping her, Robin, and RObert. So either he was being raised by another (possibly Faison didn't know he existed) or he'd have to be quite a bit younger than Robin. If you Google Faison General Hospital you get a good biography of Faison and all the times he's been on GH. The next to last time was when a boat blew up with Anna, Robert and Faison on it, and Anna and Robert were presumed dead for many years (which is why Mac was bringing up his brother Robert's child). What I did not know before reading this, was that Faison's obsession with Anna dates from when his mom was Anna's nanny. The last time Faison was back he brainwashed Lucky at the behest of Helena. And once again he's supposedly dead.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    It had to do with the cancellation of one of those talk shows that replaced our beloved ABC soaps. They want a good lead in for the Katie Couric show I think, so will probably be moving GH earlier in the day by an hour. But since it is on at different times everywhere you need to watch your local listings. I think it is set to happen in Sept. This was discussed on this thread earlier, but am sorry, don't know when in the last few months.
    I don't know if it's true everywhere, but here, The Revolution is already gone. Now it's The Chew the new Good Morning America franchise show - which is, frankly, horrible - and Katie's Show that GH will be competing with. I'd hope that the GMA show is gone and Katie gets that slot. Like I said, the GMA show is awful. I've watched several segments this week and it's cringe-inducing. I thought I liked Laura Spencer, but apparently, I don't. Her co-host is the worst. It feels like a cable access show where they don't care how idiotic they act because no one's watching anyway.

Yes, Faison is supposed to be dead, but this is a soap. NO ONE is every really dead on a soap....even if they die on screen.

+ Reply to Thread