+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree748Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Having lived through & experienced many of the "enticements" of the 70's, I'd just like to say that I have never met anyone or known anyone that ever knew anyone else that OD'D on LSD. Nor have I ever talked to anyone that ever experienced the oft reported on flashbacks. So, this whole syringe full of killer LSD is just to weird. Now, granted if overdone it could indeed fry a persons brain, (Syd Barratt anyone), as it must have done to Heather, but those folks just didn't seem to make a comeback to sanity as Heather seems to have done.

Oh, I don't think Heather has made a comeback to sanity!
    So Starr sang one song for the opening and that was it? Hardly worth Blair making the trip to the Todd tarpit.
    Steve is unbelievably jerky to Olivia over the Heather issue. If she manages to come back from the Heather attack, she'd better not take him back... or will he insist that Olivia probably tripped and fell into the syringe?
    Count your blessings!

Looks like it's official, Kirsten Storms is coming back! Jen Lilley announced that she was leaving the role. I'll say it again, I think Jen is a fine young actress, and I wish good things for her, but I am very happy to have Kirsten back.

Anyways what happened to Lucky? did he leave after Siobahn died?
    Minney and Critical like this.

‘General Hospital’: Kirsten Storms is back – The TV Guy – Orlando Sentinel

SO happy she's coming back! Maybe they'll bring Jason Cook back now. In soapland they can always find some weird reason to release someone from prison!

IIRC, Lucky did leave after Siobhan died (although not right after), but I don't remember the exact timing. I wasn't watching the show very faithfully back then.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

She missed a lot of crucial "Maxie" scenes....those won't be able to be in flashback in the future. Always so cool when they can do that with long time players.

Been away again,so today was the first time I'd watched in a couple of weeks, just read here and newspaper summaries. Can someone tell me...the Jason/Liz kiss...who initiated? Was it passionate? The Sam/John one was very tentative (and drunk) I thought.

I really felt bad for Todd today...when he said to Blair, You love ME, but you're marrying someone else, how is that a good choice? And he couldn't even tell her that things would be different as he had ALREADY done something that would upset the apple cart when it came out. With all of that declaration of how he felt about Blair though, unless he does a revenge kind of thing with another woman it will be a while before he can move on, say with Carly. I guess by the time the Johnny secret comes out enough time might have passed that he could comfort her. Of course if his own secret is still secret that would be just setting Carly up with yet another untrustworthy man.
    With all those cops at the fire surely someone will stop Heather before she can finish Anna off....
    It was fun seeing Connie again. I liked her reasoning---that she can be Johnny's outlet.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    She missed a lot of crucial "Maxie" scenes....those won't be able to be in flashback in the future. Always so cool when they can do that with long time players.

Been away again,so today was the first time I'd watched in a couple of weeks, just read here and newspaper summaries. Can someone tell me...the Jason/Liz kiss...who initiated? Was it passionate? The Sam/John one was very tentative (and drunk) I thought.

I really felt bad for Todd today...when he said to Blair, You love ME, but you're marrying someone else, how is that a good choice? And he couldn't even tell her that things would be different as he had ALREADY done something that would upset the apple cart when it came out. With all of that declaration of how he felt about Blair though, unless he does a revenge kind of thing with another woman it will be a while before he can move on, say with Carly. I guess by the time the Johnny secret comes out enough time might have passed that he could comfort her. Of course if his own secret is still secret that would be just setting Carly up with yet another untrustworthy man.
    With all those cops at the fire surely someone will stop Heather before she can finish Anna off....
    It was fun seeing Connie again. I liked her reasoning---that she can be Johnny's outlet.
    Some shows actually just reshoot those scenes specifically for critical flashbacks. They might do that with Kirsten. Jen Lilley's last air date is August 10th, so we should see Kirsten soon after!

So was that really Connie or was is Kate pretending to be Connie so she could get a confession out of Johnny?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I think if it was Kate pretending to be Connie we would have seen a shot of her rejoicing that she'd succeeded....but too soon to tell. Or maybe Connie was taping it for some reason. I liked the rationale Connie gave...it seemed to make sense for it to be her...wanting to be sure Johnny wouldn't 'fess up. So I'm thinking it was really Connie. Kate doesn't really know what Connie is like, accent and all, so it would be hard for her to pretend to be Connie. In contrast it is easy for Connie to pretend to be Kate as she sees what goes on when Kate is in charge.

I cannot get over how quickly GH is moving now, vs. in the past. Heather is already in jail, and she only fired the shot yesterday. In the old days that would have taken a week to happen.

After Kate had that dream and remembered some of Connie's memories, I wondered if she cooked up that scheme. I guess we'll see. It just seemed like she'd integrated....although we know that integration never sticks in soapland!

I have to say, I won't miss Blair at all. I liked her fine on OLTL, but she doesn't fit on GH. I've been pleasantly surprised at how well Starr and Todd have blended into the cast. John is okay too, although he was never a favorite of mine.

I thought Starr's dress was gorgeous, although I didn't get the bib thing on the front. It didn't seem necessary.I can't believe how grown up she's become. I've been watching her since she was a little girl!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I cannot get over how quickly GH is moving now, vs. in the past. Heather is already in jail, and she only fired the shot yesterday. In the old days that would have taken a week to happen.
    I hope we're not rejoicing too soon about Heather finally getting caught. She seems to think that one phone call to Todd is going to save her, and while, in real life that would be impossible, this is SoapOperaLand, so anything is possible.

But the REAL question is, is Robin back on the show??????? Heather told Anna that Robin is alive, and the previews look like Robin has escaped from her kidnappers, and is back!

Uh oh, I just thought of something. Maybe this is how Heather gets her charges dropped --- she blackmails Anna into only revealing the information about Robin only if Anna drops the charges. . .

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I have no idea how Heather could know about Robin's fate, but then I can't imagine who would be holding Robin and giving her electro shock treatments. I'm guessing the shock treatments will give her amnesia so she forgets her husband and child for now, but could always come back on the show later. I'm sure they want to be able to leave that door open. Either she'll escape or they'll turn her loose when she's forgotten.
    I do b believe Heather will try to blackmail Anna though, but I expect in the end Anna will be uncertain as to whether or not Robin is alive.... conflicting evidence.

Or maybe the directing thing didn't pan out and the actress is ready to come back, but if so it doesn't seem like she gave it much of a try. Or maybe t hat was all a phony story to allow them to do a Robin's death story without the fans totally revolting...

+ Reply to Thread