+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree870Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    You do know that Luke was hallucinating, right? They didn't really show up and refuse to free him. Where are you getting that Todd is crushing on Heather? Granted, now that I'm watching one day delayed via Hulu, I don't get to see the previews, but I haven't seen him show anything but contempt for her.
    I must have missed the part where it was a hallucination. I don't always watch the entire episode. I get so irritated with some of the storylines that I end up tuning it out.

No, I said that Todd will crush Heather, not that he's crushing ON her. Big difference!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Whew! Glad we cleared that up! I just love Todd. I started watching OLTL again when they brought Roger H. back at the end. I think he's even better on GH than he was there. He has a really funny, snarky sense of humor and his facial reactions are priceless. I hope he grabs ahold of his conscience soon - you know he wants to - and reunites Sam with her baby and sets the record straight on the paternity results.
    Count your blessings!

Akkkkk! I just read a rumor about John/Natalie/Liam

Click to see Spoiler:
    TPTB plan to kill Natalie & Liam off in a plane crash. When I said they did a good job closing loose ends for Starr, I didn't mean for them to do it again!

Well, it's better than leaving things hanging.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Good grief...can't they just
    Click to see Spoiler:
    have her get fed up and leave him? That's messing with my OLTL memories! Nat's been on that forever. I hope if that happens that John feels really really guilty. I know they want to recreate whatever spark he and "Sam" had when he was a vampire (which I didn't see), but this is ridiculous. Sam is going to get her baby back, and it will turn out to be Jason's and they will be reunited.... and then John will be really alone.Hook him up with someone age appropriate. He looks way to old for Sam anyway.

At some point when the GH character wheel has spun a few times, I'd like to see McBain with Alexis. I think they'd be hot together.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Good grief...can't they just
    Click to see Spoiler:
    have her get fed up and leave him? That's messing with my OLTL memories! Nat's been on that forever. I hope if that happens that John feels really really guilty. I know they want to recreate whatever spark he and "Sam" had when he was a vampire (which I didn't see), but this is ridiculous. Sam is going to get her baby back, and it will turn out to be Jason's and they will be reunited.... and then John will be really alone.Hook him up with someone age appropriate. He looks way to old for Sam anyway.
    I agree!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree, but shades of Tad Martim (AMC), "dating' the daughter and the mom.

During today's show, I realized that I don't really like Blair and I really don't like her with Todd. I've enjoyed Todd so much more on this show (and I liked him om OLTL) and I think that's due to the absence of the dynamic between Todd and Blair. Those two characters have been playing that same game for so many years and it's just played out. I think it's much more interesting to see Roger Howarth interact with new actors, with the exception of Kristen Alderson (who I like more on GH than I ever did on OLTL). I have always loved Todd's relationship with Starr, so that's not a problem for me.

There are any number of women in PC that Todd could date. I hope they start really testing chemistry between him and all of those potential leading ladies.

I hadn't even noticed that Jason Cook was gone until Maxie talked about Matt being gone. I guess that's not a good sign, since I think he's been gone for a while and I just now noticed. I think they originally brought him on because of his history on Days with Kirsten Storms. With KS off the show for so long and for the foreseeable future AND considering his mediocre chemistry with Jen Lilley, I can understand why they let him go.

That love scene with Kate and Sonny today made my skin crawl. In contrast, and in spite of him being shady, I still enjoy Johnny and Carly together. I just think Brandon Barash is so adorable, I'll forgive Johnny almost anything. It almost goes without saying, but Starr and Michael were adorable this week. That's a great pairing!

Stupid Olivia. I love how she knows Heather is a total psycho and yet she only walks like 10 feet away to talk to Dante. Say it walking, nitwit! She could have been in the lobby and out the front door by the time she hung up from that call. She deserved to get knocked out with whatever was in that syringe. Idiot. Steven is just as irritating. How can he not see that his mother has gone off the reservation again?.....heck, she never got ON the reservation!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I agree with everything you said! Maybe Maxi could get a job in Paris until the real Maxi is ready to come back.
    Heather has been the most entertaining villain in a long time, but surely her time is almost up now, unless she's going to run off and hide with Olivia. Next week looks to be exciting. My mom's going to be visiting, so I'll have to sneak my GH in the early morning hours or do a marathon catch-up when she's gone.
    Count your blessings!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    During today's show, I realized that I don't really like Blair and I really don't like her with Todd. I've enjoyed Todd so much more on this show (and I liked him om OLTL) and I think that's due to the absence of the dynamic between Todd and Blair. Those two characters have been playing that same game for so many years and it's just played out. I think it's much more interesting to see Roger Howarth interact with new actors, with the exception of Kristen Alderson (who I like more on GH than I ever did on OLTL). I have always loved Todd's relationship with Starr, so that's not a problem for me.

There are any number of women in PC that Todd could date. I hope they start really testing chemistry between him and all of those potential leading ladies.

I hadn't even noticed that Jason Cook was gone until Maxie talked about Matt being gone. I guess that's not a good sign, since I think he's been gone for a while and I just now noticed. I think they originally brought him on because of his history on Days with Kirsten Storms. With KS off the show for so long and for the foreseeable future AND considering his mediocre chemistry with Jen Lilley, I can understand why they let him go.

That love scene with Kate and Sonny today made my skin crawl. In contrast, and in spite of him being shady, I still enjoy Johnny and Carly together. I just think Brandon Barash is so adorable, I'll forgive Johnny almost anything. It almost goes without saying, but Starr and Michael were adorable this week. That's a great pairing!

Stupid Olivia. I love how she knows Heather is a total psycho and yet she only walks like 10 feet away to talk to Dante. Say it walking, nitwit! She could have been in the lobby and out the front door by the time she hung up from that call. She deserved to get knocked out with whatever was in that syringe. Idiot. Steven is just as irritating. How can he not see that his mother has gone off the reservation again?.....heck, she never got ON the reservation!
    Had to comment on Critical's comments --- I used to watch OLTL years ago and enjoyed Todd and Blair in the early days, but I agree that they're not good together any more --- but I was still very moved yesterday by Todd's obvious love for her. I would've liked to have seen her say 'yes' --- but seeing as she didn't --- I agree that Todd could have some great chemistry with one or more of the other Port Charles women.

I HAVE been missing Matt (Jason Cook - who I think is totally adorable and delicious), and although I agree with you Critical, that he has no chemistry with Jen Lilley, I think the writers should have given up on Matt and Maxie and explored pairing Matt with any number of the young PC women with whom he would very likely have had great chemistry. (And while on the subject of letting the WRONG characters go, I wish they had not let Ethan go. He had great potential for any number of storylines. And Brooklyn! She was such a cute little hot tamale with a FABULOUS singing voice who really should be co-starring along with Starr on the Haunted Star! And I could see her paired up with any number of the GH guys.)

Totally agree about Sonny and Kate, but for me, it's Sonny that makes my skin crawl, not Kate. Surprisingly, I have come to like the nuKate very much, especially since the appearance of Connie, and now the more integrated Kate/Connie personality. It's Sonny who makes my skin crawl, and as much as I like Maurice Benard as a person, I don't care for him physically, no matter which woman he's with, even Brenda.

And I totally agree about Johnny (Brandon Barash)! What a hottie! He could flirt with a cardboard cut-out and totally make my heart flutter! I'm just so sorry that he is inevitably going to get caught for murdering Anthony -- and I doubt that there will be any defense that will be able to get him off --- so I am worried that he'll either be off the show or in Pentenville forever --- although, with Matt in Pentenville also, (and with Jason and/or Sonny always on the brink of being sent to jail), maybe there could be a whole side plot of Pentenville stories. . .

I am soooo relieved that the Heather saga seems to finally be coming to an end, and that people are finally on to her. (Just as an aside, I have always hated the Heather character, even years ago when she was a GH regular --- but the other day I started reading Robin Matteson's Twitter tweets and she really seems to be charming and quite lovely. Who knew? )

And yeah, I too was cringing with Olivia standing right in front of Heather, spilling the beans! (How dumb is that?) And Heather behind her, preparing yet ANOTHER syringe full of lethal LSD --- Does Heather just carry syringes and LSD around with her, just in case there's someone she has to murder on short notice????? Jeez, the writers should be strung up for their insistence on writing these ridiculous unrealistic melodramatic plot-lines that are straight out of the 1950s!!!!

+ Reply to Thread