+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree978Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    What the heck, with John McBain kissing Sam??? OK, she's separated, distraught, and a little drunk, so I don't blame her so much, but morose about his guilt over his sister or not, has he forgotten all about Natalie and his kid???
    Have they even mentioned Natalie or Liam since McBain came to General Hospital? If so I haven't seen it, although I miss a lot of the show. I think that it's something that needs to be addressed since they didn't just bring the actor. They brought the existing character.
    If they have no intention of making Natalie & Liam a part of his life now, they need to break the tie.
    I was never a John McBain fan, but with all they went through to be together as a family, his current actions make him seem like a real scum now.

Even though it shook up a lot of fans, they did a good job of this with Starr. When Cole & Hope died in the crash, it freed her up to have a life without them fully as a part of General Hospital & gave her a storyline to go with too.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Have they even mentioned Natalie or Liam since McBain came to General Hospital? If so I haven't seen it, although I miss a lot of the show. I think that it's something that needs to be addressed since they didn't just bring the actor. They brought the existing character.
    If they have no intention of making Natalie & Liam a part of his life now, they need to break the tie.
    I was never a John McBain fan, but with all they went through to be together as a family, his current actions make him seem like a real scum now.

Even though it shook up a lot of fans, they did a good job of this with Starr. When Cole & Hope died in the crash, it freed her up to have a life without them fully as a part of General Hospital & gave her a storyline to go with too.
    They've mentioned Natalie and Liam on multiple occasions and had John speak with Nat on the phone more than once.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    They've mentioned Natalie and Liam on multiple occasions and had John speak with Nat on the phone more than once.
    Thanks, like I said, I miss a lot. Travelling time to & from home on my lunch break.

Anyhow, then I guess he's a scum.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

As happy as John and Natalie were at the end of OLTL, they're doing what they need to do to keep John on GH. At least one of the phone conversations was tense, with Nat wondering when he was coming home.

While it's normal for Molly to start rebelling, I find this new side of her really annoying. Maybe it's her voice, which has always been a bit too whiny and nasally for me.

I really wish Kirsten Storms would come back. Jen Lilly is not Maxie. It's like this is a completely different character.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Don't you love these cable and satelite providers? We're completely at their mercy! Most of em have an absolute MONOPOLY in their area, so that the viewers have NO CHOICE on which provider they have! And then they can add or drop channels and charge viewers pretty much anything they can get away with.
    UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! Time-Warner Cable has now actually DELETED ABC from their lineup. They claim that Hearst has increased their prices 300% so 'goodbye' Hearst stations that Time-Warner contracts with -- in about 10 major cities. Thank God for General Hospital - Watch Full TV Episodes Online - ABC.com where we can watch our daily episodes of GH (and other ABC shows)!

Holy crap! My parents have Time Warner. My mom is going to be pissed if she missed the Bach'ette on Monday night! I can't believe the greed of these large corporations like Viacom and Hearst. Cable prices are high enough without these people trying to get even more money. Guess our bills are all going to go up Is this how trickle down economics works? It seems to me that the people owning these huge companies don't care one bit about the rest of us.

Okay, I just found this article: Updated: Hearst Television, Time Warner Cable Disconnect over Retrans Dispute - 2012-07-10 11:12:31 | Multichannel News
    Luckily, for my mom, it doesn't affect their market. She's not one to watch anything online, so she probably would just miss the show.

At least it's the summer and not the Fall TV season. I'd still be angry about missing GH and having to watch it online (Comcast pulled SoapNet a few months ago ), but it could be worse. (<------ trying to put a positive spin on the situation!)

Back to GH - I thought the whole nonsense with Lulu, Tracy and Anna not letting Luke free was just silly. Untie the poor s.o.b. Yes, he's a scoundrel, but give him a break!

Really looking forward to seeing Todd crush Heather. I never was a huge fan of her particular brand of crazy. I like that they're honoring the history of the show, but I'd rather they do it in another way. I've always liked Roger Howarth - even when Todd was being especially evil, I always rooted for him on some level (even if it was just for him to reform and not be such a slime) - so I'm enjoying him on GH. I think he fits into the show quite nicely and brings a much more interesting "bad guy" than Sonny. Sonny's just a thug. Todd's clever.

The Michael-Starr relationship is so darned cute. I like both actors and think they're doing a terrific job. Lots of chemistry too! They're my favorite storyline right now.

Thumbs up to all three OLTL transplants. I think John is fitting in nicely as well and he actually seems to be focusing a little more on police work than some of the other members of the PCPD.
    Katydyd likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Just for the record, the artlicle that Critical posted wrongly states, (for some reason), that Hearst is allowing ABC (WISN) to remain on the air in Milwaukee. Don't know why it says that, cause I'm in Milwaukee and ABC sure ISN'T!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Just for the record, the artlicle that Critical posted wrongly states, (for some reason), that Hearst is allowing ABC (WISN) to remain on the air in Milwaukee. Don't know why it says that, cause I'm in Milwaukee and ABC sure ISN'T!!!!!
    Aw, bummer! I'm sorry this nonsense is affecting you.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

I have Directv. What I now don't have (thanks Viacom!) is MTV (and the various MTV channels) , BET, Nick (et al), TVLand, Spike, Comedy Central, LOGO, CMT, Centric, and VH1 (et al). Are you effin' kidding me? Granted, I don't watch all those channels, but I'm missing my Jon Stewart and Colbert and Awkward. My son is missing those shows along with several others. I don't even know if I should be mad at Dish or Viacom. The hole thing is a crock. Both are making tons of money, but we customers are still paying for channels we can't watch!! Imperfect1, you can always come visit me in Madison for your ABC fix I'm still getting that one (thank God!)....for now.

As for GH...I'm liking all the relationships going on now! Including the not yet but wished for Carly/Todd And I agree, Starr/Michael are absolutely adorable! They pair well, and it makes sense that they would be drawn together and understand each other as their family situations are so similar. There is aso plenty of potential for conflict because of their families. As I've said before, I watched KA grow up on OLTL, but I like her character better here, on GH. One thing I'd like to see is NLG get a long deserved real relationship. I'm hoping with Shawn back on the canvas (I read he was doing a movie) they decide to explore those two. That's another pair that would make sense and not seem just thrown together. Obviously the whole Molly/TJ thing will place them into each other's orbit, and we all know Alexis is drawn to those bad boys with an edge.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I thought the whole nonsense with Lulu, Tracy and Anna not letting Luke free was just silly. Untie the poor s.o.b. Yes, he's a scoundrel, but give him a break!

Really looking forward to seeing Todd crush Heather. I never was a huge fan of her particular brand of crazy. I like that they're honoring the history of the show, but I'd rather they do it in another way. I've always liked Roger Howarth - even when Todd was being especially evil, I always rooted for him on some level (even if it was just for him to reform and not be such a slime) - so I'm enjoying him on GH. I think he fits into the show quite nicely and brings a much more interesting "bad guy" than Sonny. Sonny's just a thug. Todd's clever.

The Michael-Starr relationship is so darned cute. I like both actors and think they're doing a terrific job. Lots of chemistry too! They're my favorite storyline right now.

Thumbs up to all three OLTL transplants. I think John is fitting in nicely as well and he actually seems to be focusing a little more on police work than some of the other members of the PCPD.
    You do know that Luke was hallucinating, right? They didn't really show up and refuse to free him. Where are you getting that Todd is crushing on Heather? Granted, now that I'm watching one day delayed via Hulu, I don't get to see the previews, but I haven't seen him show anything but contempt for her.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread