+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1150Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

It's got to be a dream sequence. I can't believe they would wrap it up that quickly.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Franco - and Jason withdrew from her over it.
    Now someone tell me I didn't see previews for tomorrow ending the baby switch.
    But Sam also mentioned how much the baby looked like Jason, so there is something fishy there too.

I think the baby will end up being Jason's, because it's a soap opera...LOL

If something does happen to end this storyline, I can always watch it on my ABC app, or maybe just start recording it and FF.

Quote Originally Posted by crzndeb View Post
    But Sam also mentioned how much the baby looked like Jason, so there is something fishy there too.

I think the baby will end up being Jason's, because it's a soap opera...LOL

If something does happen to end this storyline, I can always watch it on my ABC app, or maybe just start recording it and FF.
    I'm thinking the same thing but it won't be found out that it's his until after they break up.

Franco - and Jason withdrew from her over it.
    Now someone tell me I didn't see previews for tomorrow ending the baby switch.
    Thanks, Gutmutter. I really hope it ends up being Jason's baby.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    I'm totally enjoying GH right now! And the whole Kate/Connie/Johnny/Sonny/Carly thing is good stuff! I agree with Imperfect1 - I'm hoping for a "new and improved" version when Kate/Connie integrate. Yes, the actress playing her is too young for what the character really should be, but she's definitely grown on me. I can't see the "old Kate" carrying this story at all. My only real question is.....how long is it going to be before we find out that Heather switched the DNA results and the baby is really Jason's? She obviously had some weird admiration for Franco, and she was at the hospital at the same as Sam was picking up the DNA results, and she just happened to disappear for awhile to go "freshen up".........
    Well, I called that one from the beginning ! Heather did switch the DNA results. Woo Hoo!! So, since that was revealed fairly quickly, hopefully the switch itself won't last too long. I definitely do like the pacing though...things are moving at a decent speed. Of course, first Sam will have to trust that Jason will love the baby even though he's Franco's before they find out he's actually Jason's so everything won't resolve in a week...but can I hope by the end of June???? 'Cause really, that's about all I can take. Poor Sam

ETA: My original post was done on 4/27/12. So, to answer my own question, it took just over a month to discover the DNA switch. Fingers crossed the baby switch resolves just as quickly!!
    Last edited by Katydyd; 06-09-2012 at 09:56 PM.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    Well, I called that one from the beginning ! Heather did switch the DNA results. Woo Hoo!! So, since that was revealed fairly quickly, hopefully the switch itself won't last too long. I definitely do like the pacing though...things are moving at a decent speed. Of course, first Sam will have to trust that Jason will love the baby even though he's Franco's before they find out he's actually Jason's so everything won't resolve in a week...but can I hope by the end of June???? 'Cause really, that's about all I can take. Poor Sam

ETA: My original post was done on 4/27/12. So, to answer my own question, it took just over a month to discover the DNA switch. Fingers crossed the baby switch resolves just as quickly!!
    Well, first I think we're going to have to suffer through the whole business of Sam being furious at Jason for sending the Mafia dogs out after John and beating him up --- causing John to be unable to take Sam and the newborn to the hospital --- leading to her baby's death --- or in this case, the baby switch. By the way, I love Jason, but I do not like the fact that it's allright for HIM to withold information from Sam (i.e. that HE was the one who caused John to not be able to take Sam to the hospital) when he knows she is going to react negatively --- but it's not okay for Sam to withold information from Jason for any reason.

OK, I missed the DNA switch... I guess that's what was on the envelope I couldn't read from across the room? Was there some other confirmation? They have thrown too many anvils to keep this up very long. Does nobody compare notes at this hospital? Come on! One baby is full term and the other is a premie! They both have conditions that don't match the history of the mothers! They were both born at the same time out in the storm in the same area! Heather is skulking around in Maine fisherman gear (where did she get that?). Spinelli has been put on her tail. Todd has almost told Tea 100 times. Sam just needs to get one good look at Tea's baby. If it all unravels and Tea goes home, I'm going to be pissed.
    And Sam should be mad at Jason for having her support guy beaten up regardless of how it affected the baby. That's just not how things are done! Would it be OK for Sam to have Liz beaten up for supporting Jason?
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Heather really did look rather like the Gorton's Fisherman And yes, the lab paperwork Heather was holding at the end of the epi confirmed Jason as the father. I'll be happy if the switch itself is resolved quickly. I'd enjoy watching Jason and Sam make their way back to each other, have them both realize that Jason loves the baby regardless....and then find out the baby is really his There is so much story to play out around the switch - between Tea dealing with her own son's death, Todd's involvement (and how that will affect Starr, among others), Heather's involvement, the whole Jason/John factor and Jason's very obvious guilty conscience - they can resolve the switch itself and still have months to play with the fallout. Honestly, there is more story to mine out of the circumstances of the switch and the players involved, which is hopefully why the writers seem to be setting us up for a quick discovery of the truth that Sam's baby is alive. Then again, maybe it's all a giant tease and we'll have to wait for November sweeps
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

That would really make me angry. The baby would be 5 months old by then, and past bonding time. Tea would be fully involved. I'm sure they can cook some other storyline up in the next 5 months that is sweeps-worthy.
    Count your blessings!

That would really make me angry. The baby would be 5 months old by then, and past bonding time. Tea would be fully involved. I'm sure they can cook some other storyline up in the next 5 months that is sweeps-worthy.
    Exactly! How 'bout the switch is resolved soon, the fallout and subsequent reunion plays out all summer, then Jason is revealed as daddy during November sweeps? That would work for me
    Desiderata

+ Reply to Thread