+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree883Likes

Thread: General Hospital

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    They left that as a completely open ended mystery, with the viewing audience not knowing anything except that Robin didn't seem to know why she was there either. She either had amnesia or was kidnapped --- but she wasn't bandaged, so she couldn't have just been recovering from burns.
    Thanks, Imperfect1! Was she in a hospital then? Or just wandering the streets? Or in a room somewhere? Tied up?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by annifran View Post
    I thoroughly enjoy reading all the posts on this thread, especially since OLTL is no longer on air and I've switched to GH because of wanting to follow the OLTL actor cross-overs. Friday's show with the dual birthings was amazing in that neither baby seemed to be born with an umblical cord that needed to be cut and with 5-minute labors for both women simultaneously. Us viewers would make far better writers than those now employed in that position.
    To be fair, John did mention that he was going to "sterilize" a knife or scissors or something to cut the cord....run hot water on it or something, assuming the hot water still works in this storm, unlike the phones. Not that we saw him do it....nor did we see the placentas lying around (for those of you who haven't seen one, like a good sized slab of liver from the supermarket). I have no idea what Todd used...he does seem like the kind of guy to carry a pocket knife though!
    I"m assuming that we are supposed to assume there was a lot of "lost" time in the cutting back and forth....hopefully no impressionable teens out there that think you go from the initial contraction to pushing in less than an hour!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Thanks, Imperfect1! Was she in a hospital then? Or just wandering the streets? Or in a room somewhere? Tied up?
    It looked something like a hospital room to me but it could have been a room anywhere. I seem to recall a bed but it's been a while.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    It looked something like a hospital room to me but it could have been a room anywhere. I seem to recall a bed but it's been a while.
    Thanks again...I'm glad they left the door open...

I cannot believe we have another baby swap story. Eyes are rolling. This needs to get nipped in the bud, I sincerely hope they don't go down this route.

I hope you get your wish, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

They seem to be trotting out all the classic, played-out soap plots. In the last few months we've had someone die and still be secretly alive, separated an birth twins (extra points for the evil twin), split personalities, the trial where the defendant is protecting someone else (and that person doesn't know they did it) and now the baby swap. I love this show, but they're testing my limits.
    ilja likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Well, at least the swap wasn't intentional, but Heather has a beef with Sam, so she'll encourage the misunderstanding and Todd doesn't have much moral fiber, sooooo...
    Count your blessings!

Anyone know how long the baby switch is supposed to play out? Poor Sam, tried so hard to have a baby, finally does only to be separated! Something about the recent storylines, I end up feeling anxious instead of entertained. Tuning in out of habit (and hope) but not finding satisfaction from any of the characters or stories. I feel guilty if I don't watch because I don't want the last soap to be canceled but can hardly justify my time watching when the writing is so poor.

No idea, Minney. I'm not even a fan of Sam and I hate this storyline. She's already lost one baby. This is just too cruel. I can see them dragging it out until November sweeps when she's reunited with the baby.

Re: the discussion upthread, the Victor in the pic that Tea was looking at was Trevor St. John, who played him on OLTL.
    carolinamom12 and ilja like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Well, I guess no baby means Jason will find it easier to reunite, but will Sam resent it?
    And what exactlly were they wrapped in that weren't switched? Identical black blankets?
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread