+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1030Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Maybe Anthony just wears a Kevlar jumpsuit 24/7. He does have a lot of enemies!

I've been watching this show since I was a kid. My babysitter watched it, so it was on after school. I remember right when Laura first came to town, before Luke. I vividly remember Laura and Scotty's honeymoon in Mexico. I had such a crush on him! I remember Diana and Jeff and Alan and Lesley.....I remember arranging my summer around Luke and Laura on the island. They showed L&L on MWF, I think, so we all got out of the pool from 2-3 on those days to watch!

I'm trying not to think too much about this new talk show nonsense. I'm going to try to enjoy the show while it's on. Since SoapNet is gone from my cable line-up, I'm not able to see all the episodes. I know they're on Hulu, but I never get around to watching them there.

So funny. I do home daycare and I wouldn't dream of watching a soap with the kids around (since they aren't mine) but now that you mention it I remember the same thing as a little girl in the early 70s. I think it was Another World that my sitter watched.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    So funny. I do home daycare and I wouldn't dream of watching a soap with the kids around (since they aren't mine) but now that you mention it I remember the same thing as a little girl in the early 70s. I think it was Another World that my sitter watched.
    My mom would watch them and I would be right there with her. I don't know if I paid complete attention to them, but I remember knowing who was who on GH when I was in 3rd grade.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    My mom would watch them and I would be right there with her. I don't know if I paid complete attention to them, but I remember knowing who was who on GH when I was in 3rd grade.
    I think they are probably a lot more violent and sexy than they were when I was little, as well. My now 20 year old used to sing the theme song from Loving when he was 2.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

In all fairness, it was my best friend's mother and not like a daycare situation. She always had AMC on when we went home for lunch too. I was probably in the 4th grade. My mom always watched the hour that was OLTL and GH when she took time to eat lunch when I was little. I think I was always going to be a soap fan!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    In all fairness, it was my best friend's mother and not like a daycare situation. She always had AMC on when we went home for lunch too. I was probably in the 4th grade. My mom always watched the hour that was OLTL and GH when she took time to eat lunch when I was little. I think I was always going to be a soap fan!
    I didn't have a TV when I went to University *gasp* so my granny would write me weekly letters that were updates of GH, AW and Days. Now that she is gone I would be so happy to find out that I had one of those letters somewhere but I know I don't.
    kattatude and libgirl2 like this.

I didn't have a TV when I went to University *gasp* so my granny would write me weekly letters that were updates of GH, AW and Days. Now that she is gone I would be so happy to find out that I had one of those letters somewhere but I know I don't.
    That is so cute! And what a wonderful memory you have of the "soap" bond between you. I think that is one of the things that is so sad, generations of people who watched with family, learned soaps with their moms or siblings etc... its all being wiped out. I doubt our kids will say, "gosh I have such warm memories of sharing the dish with my parent about Jersey Shore"
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I loved the tv Cinderella and it was quite some time before I realized that Alan was the prince. I only figured it out when they did the hospital fundraiser one year and he sang a song from the show. I was flabbergasted.
    Count your blessings!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Minney View Post
    ok, Maxi's prison "make-over"??? silly stuff...
    I thught they'd at least give her a crew cut!! The tipping point for Maxi for signing the form to testify...fear of a tear tattoo! Ok, I know it symbolized how bad her life would be in prison, but still....

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    That is so cute! And what a wonderful memory you have of the "soap" bond between you. I think that is one of the things that is so sad, generations of people who watched with family, learned soaps with their moms or siblings etc... its all being wiped out. I doubt our kids will say, "gosh I have such warm memories of sharing the dish with my parent about Jersey Shore"
    So true. You don't get the same investment with soap families anymore because there isn't the stability that there once was. The shows we get attached to now end up disappearing after a few seasons (if that). How I long for the simpler time- 3 channels and yet always something to watch.

What kind of soap fan are you...you didn't schedule around the soaps?? When I was in college I always had free time right around lunch time. I can remember going into the lounge in the quad to watch AMC...and half the football team was in there watching too That was back in late days of Greg and Jenny. I watched her die on the jet ski in that quad
    ilja likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

+ Reply to Thread