+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree937Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    My problem with the ABC soaps is I remember individual stories, but not which ones were going on when. So, my earliest memories from when I started watching on my own involve Heather and Jeff, Nurse Anne and Diana...the whole pregnancy baby selling story, the LSD, killing Diana and writing Anne's name in blood... But I couldn't tell you if that was before, during or after the whole Luke rapes Laura at the disco, dancing in Wyndam's and going on the run from the left handed boy story...which I also watched. They all just sort of blend in together But remembering the old Heather story and some of the others really makes the stuff going on now with Jason and "Steven Lars" so much richer. I love that GH is honoring their history for the long time viewers as well as telling good, compelling (IMO) stories for newer viewers. I will definitely miss this soap the most when it goes
    I'm pretty sure that was right before Luke raped Laura, but not too much before. I watched the show during that whole time. That is why when I heard Steven Lars is on the show I did a double take. I don't remember the story lines in detail and I was quite young, but I did watch them. I remember when Allan Q. tried to blow up Rick and Leslie when they were have an affair. And then his affair with Susan....
    MsDiva2007 and Katydyd like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that was right before Luke raped Laura, but not too much before. I watched the show during that whole time. That is why when I heard Steven Lars is on the show I did a double take. I don't remember the story lines in detail and I was quite young, but I did watch them. I remember when Allan Q. tried to blow up Rick and Leslie when they were have an affair. And then his affair with Susan....
    Holy cow! Stuart Damon is 75!

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Holy cow! Stuart Damon is 75!
    I loved Alan - especially when Emily was on. She brought a whole other side to him. I have a very vague recollection of being quite young...maybe 4 or so....and having to go to some fancy grown-up party, an anniversary party or some such...but they let me go in one of the bedrooms and watch "Cinderella" on TV. I didn't realize or appreciate it at the time, but I got to see Stuart Damon play the prince on the TV special Yikes...I am old Maybe it was a repeat....
    ilja likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    I loved Alan - especially when Emily was on. She brought a whole other side to him. I have a very vague recollection of being quite young...maybe 4 or so....and having to go to some fancy grown-up party, an anniversary party or some such...but they let me go in one of the bedrooms and watch "Cinderella" on TV. I didn't realize or appreciate it at the time, but I got to see Stuart Damon play the prince on the TV special Yikes...I am old Maybe it was a repeat....
    I thought I was the only one who remembered that one. I believe Lesley Ann Warren was Cinderella. The reason is that since then I've remembered her in it every time I see her. I was young too, so I'm surprised I still remember.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I got into soaps gradually as I watch noon news when my kids were babies...so first Ryan's Hope, then AMC, then OLTL, then GH, until I was spending 3.5 hours watching TV.... oh yes, also Edge of Night..yikes, back in the late 70's. So I was relatively late to GH compared to RH and AMC.

Anyway, to today's episode...What the heck??, they are really making Johnny unredeemable....he shot out the tires, convinced Connie to tell Sonny it was her and that she'd set Sonny up, so Sonny wouldn't forgive Kate (yeah, right), shot his grand/father first in a struggle and then to death in cold blood... On the plus side he feels terrible, especially about the death of the child, and is trying to make it up to Starr somehow...
    So I'm guessing Johnny, and his grand/father (who--the actor that is-- I loved back in the day as a sort of scruffy undercover cop--he looks nearly the same now) are being written out. So Tracey is free of that marriage--sort of---will she have to wait 7 years to declare him dead if Johnny hides the body? will she think Luke did it?
    If I didn't think Roger Horvath tends not to commit to long contracts as Todd I'd think the writers are responding to the chemistry between Todd and Carly.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I thought I was the only one who remembered that one. I believe Lesley Ann Warren was Cinderella. The reason is that since then I've remembered her in it every time I see her. I was young too, so I'm surprised I still remember.
    Me too!! I used to love watching it.

Wow PWS !! I haven't had a chance to watch the last two epi's yet, so I was wondering how they were going to resolve the whole "Connie or Johnny" thing. I'm definitely gonna make time to watch M-W's epi's tonight ! I really like the pacing of the show since Valentini took over. There are stories that are not being rushed but played out more slowly...Sam/Jason/John and "the baby", Starr/Micheal....but then there are other arcs that are moving really quickly and keep you tuning in. Used to be there were times when I couldn't get around to watching the show during the week, and have no time on the weekend, so I'd just delete the entire week and read a synopsis of what I missed. But recently, I haven't skipped a single episode because there's stuff going on every day. I will be so disappointed if they cancel now that GH is finally getting back on track!!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, having written what I did, I'm watching now and Johnny goes to move the body and Anthony's eyes pop open and he gasps! Johnny emptied a gun into him practically. Either they were blanks or he is a terrible shot--not worthy to be a crime lord!

Or he's hallucinating....???
    Last edited by PWS; 05-23-2012 at 03:27 PM.

Maybe Anthony just wears a Kevlar jumpsuit 24/7. He does have a lot of enemies!

I've been watching this show since I was a kid. My babysitter watched it, so it was on after school. I remember right when Laura first came to town, before Luke. I vividly remember Laura and Scotty's honeymoon in Mexico. I had such a crush on him! I remember Diana and Jeff and Alan and Lesley.....I remember arranging my summer around Luke and Laura on the island. They showed L&L on MWF, I think, so we all got out of the pool from 2-3 on those days to watch!

I'm trying not to think too much about this new talk show nonsense. I'm going to try to enjoy the show while it's on. Since SoapNet is gone from my cable line-up, I'm not able to see all the episodes. I know they're on Hulu, but I never get around to watching them there.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

ok, Maxi's prison "make-over"??? silly stuff...

+ Reply to Thread