+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree930Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Jax was not and never will be the true love of my girl Carly. Carly loves herself first, then Sonny and Jason. lol I love her though. Jax is someone I just can't stand he rubs me the wrong way.
    I absolutely adored Jax when he was wooing Brenda. Talk about romantic, he wooed me at the same time.
    KatesMom likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Yeah, in some ways, I think the writers have sunk to a new low with the turn that some of these storylines are taking. This whole twist on the Lisa Niles murder case is pretty ridiculous --- but it has been totally out-done by how ridiculous Heather Webber's storyline has become. Too bad they couldn't have made her a tad more realistic --- but no, they have to go back to the middle-ages of soaps when villains miraculously overheard whatever they needed to, to accomplish their dastardly purpose, or miraculously just happened to be standing next to a doctor telling the nurse "if the patient takes too many of these pills she'll die" -- and of course the pills are left on the counter unattended for the villain to steal them, and then pour a lethal dose of pills into a glass of iced tea (we won't even ask how those pills dissolved instantaneously in iced liquid, let alone were not bitter and vile tasting in the tea), and of course the pills worked their magic instantaneously --- instead of taking the usual 30 or so minutes to work. Etc, etc. etc. ad nauseum. . .
    HEy, when you've watched a show in which aborted embryos were implanted and saved you know there's no reality left in soap land. What I do think the writers are getting more right than usual is the emotions...those seem to be ringing true to me....Sonny's response, everyone else's response trying to figure out what happened, etc.
    Of course Jason's emotions have always been "off" since the accident...like his EQ is two bricks shy of a load...but that's his character.

I thought Jax was adorable when he was first on, but since then when I've happened to drop in when he was on he seemed to be getting kind of self rightous...not a very good match for someone like Carly.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Ok, I've been watching on and off for years. I started catching it here and there on SoapNet at night. Question - is the woman who plays Felicia on drugs or something? Something did not seem right with her scenes. Is that supposed to be a part of her character, or is it Kristina Wagner's issues?

are you talking about her weird speech pattern? Thats just Kristina
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Jax was not and never will be the true love of my girl Carly. Carly loves herself first, then Sonny and Jason. lol I love her though. Jax is someone I just can't stand he rubs me the wrong way.
    Ha ha ha!!! Point taken about Carly, MsDiva!!! And you're definitely right about Carly!!! The girl loves herself and can't see much further beyond that. We differ on Jax though, I have always liked him and wish he'd be back on the show. But that's okay --- it's fun when fans differ on who they like and who they don't. I'm always amazed at the 'chemistry' we either have or don't have with other people ---- especially people (like celebrities) that we don't even know!

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Ha ha ha!!! Point taken about Carly, MsDiva!!! And you're definitely right about Carly!!! The girl loves herself and can't see much further beyond that. We differ on Jax though, I have always liked him and wish he'd be back on the show. But that's okay --- it's fun when fans differ on who they like and who they don't. I'm always amazed at the 'chemistry' we either have or don't have with other people ---- especially people (like celebrities) that we don't even know!
    I used to like Jax in the beginning. Then I started to notice how self righteous he is. I noticed how he wanted all the women in his life to change to fit him and not doing any changing on his own. Jax may hate Sonny but he is more like him than he may think. I just happen to get Sonny and like him. Jax lost me when he left Skye who he suppoedly loved so much when Brenda returned.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

She has always spoken differently.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Thanks. No, I remember her from the past and she always spoke a little differently, but when I saw her earilier this week, she just seemed doped up - like she took a big hit right before filming. Kind of slow and slurred. That part seemed new to me - but I wasn't watching when she left the show, so I didn't know if it was part of her character now.

I feel absolutely sick to my stomach. GH is the best it's been in long time, between the influx of OLTL characters and bringing back old favorites and this is what we get? I'm ready to cry

It's Only the Soaps: Good Afternoon America
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    I feel absolutely sick to my stomach. GH is the best it's been in long time, between the influx of OLTL characters and bringing back old favorites and this is what we get? I'm ready to cry

It's Only the Soaps: Good Afternoon America
    Oh good God no! I just started to get back into the show after many years.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Just when we thought it was safe to go back in the water. . .

+ Reply to Thread