+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree740Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: General Hospital

I'm enjoying 'Connie' too, much more than I thought I would. 'Kate' has never had any humanity --- she's always been way too uptight with a stick up her a**. Perhaps when Connie and Kate are integrated together as one, we'll get a much more natural personality, with a real range of personality and highs and lows.

By the way, LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Carly having to witness Johnny in bed with Kate/Connie. Delicious! And now, Carly having sex with Sonny --- mehhhh, so boring. Been there done that, how many times??????

In regard to Sam and John --- sadly, I think the writing has been on the wall since John's first appearance in PC. I really like Sam (and Kelly Monaco) and feel very sorry for her, but the writers are apparently not going to let this storyline end happily for Sam and Jason. This is so typical old fashioned "soap-opera-ish" --- but apparently the powers-that-be just can't resist the temptation to go there.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, at least Sonny came to his senses and they didn't have sex (yet, anyway). This going to end more happily for Sonny than for Carly once the truth comes out. Johnny behaved just as badly as he said he did, using a woman he knew was mentally unstable and not thinking much about Carly. Yes, Connie blackmailed him into it, but he could just have staged it, not done it.

Ok, today Luke is making jokes about how John looks like a vampire...yet another reference to a past soap...they can't really bring that onto GH, so I think they are overdoing it. Somehow this is supposed to explain the Sam/John "connection". Once or twice is funny, but now it seems to be becoming a real plot piece.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Well, at least Sonny came to his senses and they didn't have sex (yet, anyway). This going to end more happily for Sonny than for Carly once the truth comes out. Johnny behaved just as badly as he said he did, using a woman he knew was mentally unstable and not thinking much about Carly. Yes, Connie blackmailed him into it, but he could just have staged it, not done it.

Ok, today Luke is making jokes about how John looks like a vampire...yet another reference to a past soap...they can't really bring that onto GH, so I think they are overdoing it. Somehow this is supposed to explain the Sam/John "connection". Once or twice is funny, but now it seems to be becoming a real plot piece.
    Totally agree about Sonny/Johnny/Carly. Yes, Johnny and Carly were developing real feelings for each other, but as we all know, sometimes relationships just don't work out --- even when there are real feelings involved. And let's not feel too sorry for Carly the ego-maniacal slut, who was not only ready/willing to jump into the sack to have revenge-sex with Sonny, but she is STILL MARRIED to her supposedly real true love, Jax. Get off your high-horse Carly, admit what your own faults are, and stop being so judgmental against everyone who doesn't agree with you.

And speaking of judgmental high-horses --- let's talk about Jason for a moment. Now, I LOVE Jason (and Steve Burton), but let's get real here. Jason murder's people for a living, does all sorts of other despicable criminal acts, and yet he is so self-righteous and unyielding that he is ready to throw away a woman he truly loves, who truly and fully loves and accepts him and everything he does and stands for -- because she dared to try to spare him excruciating pain by discussing their problem with someone else before coming to him. PULEEEEEEZE!!!! And the worst part is that not only will he cause Sam unbelievable sadness, but he will walk away feeling totally justified, just as he did years ago when his former true love, Robin, felt she had to let AJ Quartermaine know that Michael was really his son. Grrrrrrr, soap writers just make me so mad sometimes!

PS Speaking of soap-writers, totally agree about the John/vampire reference. Way too creepy. . .
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 04-27-2012 at 08:11 AM.
    Minney likes this.

I'm totally enjoying GH right now! And the whole Kate/Connie/Johnny/Sonny/Carly thing is good stuff! I agree with Imperfect1 - I'm hoping for a "new and improved" version when Kate/Connie integrate. Yes, the actress playing her is too young for what the character really should be, but she's definitely grown on me. I can't see the "old Kate" carrying this story at all. My only real question is.....how long is it going to be before we find out that Heather switched the DNA results and the baby is really Jason's? She obviously had some weird admiration for Franco, and she was at the hospital at the same as Sam was picking up the DNA results, and she just happened to disappear for awhile to go "freshen up".........
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    I'm totally enjoying GH right now! And the whole Kate/Connie/Johnny/Sonny/Carly thing is good stuff!

My only real question is.....how long is it going to be before we find out that Heather switched the DNA results and the baby is really Jason's? She obviously had some weird admiration for Franco, and she was at the hospital at the same as Sam was picking up the DNA results, and she just happened to disappear for awhile to go "freshen up".........
    Wow, good for you Katydyd!!! I didn't even make the connection with Heather, and her being at the hospital when Sam was there, and the DNA test, let alone the idea of her switching the test results. I knew that Heather was going to be pissed at Sam once Sam ran out on Heather (back at the institution) without taking the letter for Steven Lars, but I had forgotten how diabolical Heather can be. And of course she would favor Franco --- even at birth. Franco and Heather are two peas in a pod!!!

And speaking of 'bad guys' - I am so, so, so glad Ronnie is finally becoming a bona fide 'bad guy' so that maybe GH will finally get rid of him --- at least get him off the police force, if not off the show. He has been an annoyance to me ever since he started his role several years ago --- and I'm glad to see him finally get his come-uppance. (But I have to admit, the actor playing Ronnie's role - don't know his name - is actually pretty good).

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    My only real question is.....how long is it going to be before we find out that Heather switched the DNA results and the baby is really Jason's? She obviously had some weird admiration for Franco, and she was at the hospital at the same as Sam was picking up the DNA results, and she just happened to disappear for awhile to go "freshen up".........
    Another reason: The writers now are the OLTL ones. That soap was the worst (or best, however you look at it) in baby switches.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm really liking all these old familiar faces from the last time I was home watching soaps regularly!!! I do notice that GH now moves on much more quickly than a typical soap... it no longer takes months and months for a story to resolve.

I am puzzled why Maxie has been covering up a murder, or two, this whole time, even if the killer was her boyfriend and at least one victim a bad guy. And the forging of a note? I wasn't watching when that whole story happened, but from what has been let drop it seems a tad complex for someone in a drunken stupor to do. And never a hint all this time that she was doing this.....

Yeah, in some ways, I think the writers have sunk to a new low with the turn that some of these storylines are taking. This whole twist on the Lisa Niles murder case is pretty ridiculous --- but it has been totally out-done by how ridiculous Heather Webber's storyline has become. Too bad they couldn't have made her a tad more realistic --- but no, they have to go back to the middle-ages of soaps when villains miraculously overheard whatever they needed to, to accomplish their dastardly purpose, or miraculously just happened to be standing next to a doctor telling the nurse "if the patient takes too many of these pills she'll die" -- and of course the pills are left on the counter unattended for the villain to steal them, and then pour a lethal dose of pills into a glass of iced tea (we won't even ask how those pills dissolved instantaneously in iced liquid, let alone were not bitter and vile tasting in the tea), and of course the pills worked their magic instantaneously --- instead of taking the usual 30 or so minutes to work. Etc, etc. etc. ad nauseum. . .
    ilja likes this.

Jax was not and never will be the true love of my girl Carly. Carly loves herself first, then Sonny and Jason. lol I love her though. Jax is someone I just can't stand he rubs me the wrong way.
    Katydyd and Imperfect1 like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Ok, I've been watching on and off for years. I started catching it here and there on SoapNet at night. Question - is the woman who plays Felicia on drugs or something? Something did not seem right with her scenes. Is that supposed to be a part of her character, or is it Kristina Wagner's issues?

+ Reply to Thread